It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aviary, Jack Verona, Point Pleasant, Fred Crisman, and the Defense Logistics Agency.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I feel we need another one of *those* threads.

The Defense Logistics Agency is a really weird recurring element from UFO history. Per Andy Colvin's release of John Keel's notes, Fred Crisman was apparently running around Point Pleasant at the behest of the Defense Logistics Agency. Keel thought that Maury Island was actually a cover for illegal nuclear waste dumping from the Hanford site. Now this is really interesting when you take into consideration the extensive contamination at the DLA's Point Pleasant site. Toluene can cause hallucinations, and it was getting into the ground water... Gotta wonder if the water test results from that time period are still around...

Incidentally Crisman ended up running a Seattle Art Bell type radio show in his later years. Make of that what you will. :p At any rate I think this guy was probably the first Mirage Man, inventing romantic narratives for under the table waste management solutions.

So where does the Aviary fit in? Jack Verona, of which we know very little, ended up in the DLA by the 1990's. This guy was involved in the remote viewing stuff, and apparently was involved in some kind of non-lethal EM weapon project (Project Nightingale) that we don't know jack about. Unlike John Alexander and other guys involved in the weird stuff, he has never been quoted or anything. Real shadowy figure in the mythros.

What gets me is that an otherwise innocuous supply organization like the DLA would be involved in so much weirdness.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 1ofthe9

You've no idea what you've got your hands wrapped around here.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
"Frank"ly, I couldn't give a Snarl. Or could I? Shhhh, don't tell nobod y I was here.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

This Crisman?

www.leecrismanradio.com...

You said Fred but this guy says Lee...
edit on 12-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

That's really interesting.

At any rate I think this guy was probably the first Mirage Man

So, if Crisman (1919-1975) was the first Mirage Man, would that make Ronald Dahl the first victim of UFO-disinformation-American-style?

I can understand Keel thinking that there may have been something going on with radioactive waste, and that would seem to help provide some explanation for Dahl's story with the many tons of burning, steaming slag, his burnt son and his burned-to-death dog.

But then I start circling again: why would Crisman have seeminglly sent Dahl out in a boat to witness it? I mean, if we take Crisman as the first Mirage Man, how did he create a situation where he was able to get such a lurid story out of Dahl?

It's not hard to imagine that Crisman must have then been in cahoots with the "M.I.B." that visited Dahl, and once he had a leash on Dahl, he immediartely reached out to Palmer who contacted Arnold and gave him 200 bucks to investigate Crisman.

Sheesus.

edit on 12-3-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
So are you saying it was a test of toluene as a hallucinogenic agent in concert with suggestive conditioning and perhaps black aircraft, and it was also a convenient cover for illegal dumping? If true it would be killing a lot of birds with one stone.

Interesting that Crisman retains his influence after his tenure... still in a position to create mirages

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

This Crisman?

www.leecrismanradio.com...

You said Fred but this guy says Lee...

He used a stage name I think. He ran a Long John Nebel type operation out of Seattle it seems. I'd have to go back and reread the Keel stuff to get you the specific name.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
So are you saying it was a test of toluene as a hallucinogenic agent in concert with suggestive conditioning and perhaps black aircraft, and it was also a convenient cover for illegal dumping? If true it would be killing a lot of birds with one stone.

Interesting that Crisman retains his influence after his tenure... still in a position to create mirages

Potentially? I honestly have no idea. I've also got Mosley's book, which insinuates those guys might have dicked with Keel at some points. There's also the 'Mound Lab' which seems to have been an SRI type operation on the east coast. Also note Crisman's career mirrors Doty.

As for what Snarl knows, I'm all ears.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

If you are worried about a nasty secret getting out, the best defense is a good deceptive offense. Let somebody else see and encouraged to come to completely wrong, and lurid, conclusions to fill the cognitive space with noise, and dissuade any legitimate journalists or law enforcement detectives from sniffing around.

Knowing government, and how they work, the CYA impulse over some big SNAFUs & oopsies is inevitable.
edit on 15-3-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Come on guys, dish. I need things to chase down and keep myself occupied with.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Sure, why not go and discover what narrowband RF is used for,

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Thats a start.

I'm looking at Colvin's Mothman Squeaks right now - guess who shows up reporting an encounter? Walter Bosley.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

How many major UFO sightings occurred in-line of microwave transmission towers?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
At least some of the weird phone calls experienced in the West Virginia flap were the result of Jim Moseley and Grey Barker getting baked and making crank calls. What I really enjoy about UFOlogical history is the various characters involved in the mythros. Keel was basically a Kojack the Nightstalker archetype walking, and the Saucer Smear crew were basically the court jesters (someone needs to relaunch this...).

It makes for a wonderful story really.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Bumpity. C'mon, Snarl. 'Sup, y'all?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: Snarl

Bumpity. C'mon, Snarl. 'Sup, y'all?

EXACTLY jesus! if ya got a bomb drop it!

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

DLA, AMC (Army), and AMC (Air Force). When people 'in the know' refer to The Black Budget, remember this thread. You think the Black Budget is extraordinary? Please look at the combined spending power of these agencies and consider their tangible assets/capabilities. You don't need a Black Budget with that kind of spending power. And remember ... they spend this kind of money year after year after year.

Over time ... there have been hundreds of folks who wanted to say something ... and couldn't. It's easy to catch someone's attention and nod your head their way, "To let them know they're on the right track and that they should maybe keep following their nose."

new topics

top topics

join