It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the most important thing going on in the world to you right now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'm dying from ALS...it's a burden watching my family and friends go thru this crap with me. Tired of the same old conversations, same ole answers. Just wish everybody around me would get a damn grip. You all losing your shat when around me...don't help me. Treat me like you did last year...before being diagnosed. Be a prick toward me..please. Stop walking on eggshells when I'm around. I'm dying, I aint contagious. And I'm the same damn man I was last year and I'll be the same man next year......And after I'm gone you all will realise.....I was the same man up until the end. So please treat me the same as you would have last year. Please do as I ask. Sorry for being long winded..needed to vent a bit.
edit on 12-3-2015 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Maintaining sobriety.

So far, so good!

Not watching the news.

Seeking deeper meanings. (ambiguous I know but to each of us the journey is different and very personal)

Finding some fun and sense of fulfillment in each day. (nowadays, and again after a few years of self-pity and self-medicating, life HAS meaning!)

These are the most important things going on in the world right now............

Thank you for asking!

edit on 12-3-2015 by grubblesnert because: wha?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
I'm dying from ALS...it's a burden watching my family and friends go thru this crap with me. Tired of the same old conversations, same ole answers. Just wish everybody around me would get a damn grip. You all losing your shat when around me...don't help me. Treat me like you did last year...before being diagnosed. Be a prick toward me..please. Stop walking on eggshells when I'm around. I'm dying, I aint contagious. And I'm the same damn man I was last year and I'll be the same man next year......And after I'm gone you all will realise.....I was the same man up until the end. So please treat me the same as you would have last year. Please do as I ask. Sorry for being long winded..needed to vent a bit.

Wow, they treat you like that even though you've been diagnosed as terminally ill?

Have you looked into alternative treatments?

I only ask because I'm willing to look for anything that may help you.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yes, There's no cure. There's no cure...yet. From what Ive been told and what Ive researched...it's not gonna be good. Slow process, with death as the final chapter. I'm still realatively normal. But I'm also no fool. a reply to: eisegesis

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I would think that if you are being led around like cattle, you must not mind being treated like a mushroom, otherwise maybe you might start thinking for yourself... or in your case maybe not.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Keeping my family safe and happy. And when the new Tool album is coming

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
But really, I hate the love of money that the world is obsessed with.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I know ALS. I wish you and your family the best. (I know that must sound shallow and I apologize)

Being around a few advanced ALS patiences in my career made me think "what if that were to happen to me? How would I handle it?".........

I'm at a loss for words right now so my thoughts come kind of hard.
So please bear with me..........
what I want to pass along is that you need to never lose you ability to Communicate!

In all of my ALS contacts I felt that each patient just wanted to communicate with those around them.
But lacked the ability to convey their thoughts.

Then, one day, while watching T.V. I saw a show about Steven Hawkins.
A few years after these encounters with ALS patients I saw a show on how he communicated by making eye contact with a computer screen spelling words that made complete sentences.

I thought, Damn, that would have worked with the patients I saw (although they couldn't move their bodies their eyes still were very active!)
I realize this is all ancient science but damn!,, isn't our ability to connect with each other, to communicate our thoughts and desires the most important part of what makes us free in our mind and confident in our intentions?

The ALS sufferers I dealt with were in the early 1990s.
I can only hope that this technology is here, for you, today AND maybe even something better.

I hope this helps, at least a little

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I wouldnt say this is bothering me. The analyst in me sees the next 100 years already. I know the inevitable solution and situation that will bring it around...but, NOW....

The fact that our leaders arent ready to lead a new world. They inherited leadership like this was the freaking dark ages...and they suck at their jobs and life in general. Little princes with no hope of true enlightenment.

I think they are holding us back...They are temporal cave men in my eyes. They just play telephone with secrets over generations and think that makes them worthy of the scepter and crown they ripped from dead kings they were loosely related to.

I have discovered more as a jackass in the lower middle class than they get revealed in decades of subserviant worshipping of fools in charge.

I discover more and have more revealed in my humble self honesty than I could ever hope to have with them.

They are fake and unworthy...and I see that clearly.

In other ages I and people like me would have killed them off and given kingship a purpose again.

We will eventually when they get desperate and try to kill us off....again.

and they will. I am not blind to that. The good relations are only based off them sitting pretty. Eventually world leadership will be at odds with itself...again. and they will try to kill off people like us. Always do, yet we never seem to die. Go figure.

edit on 3 13 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I don't have a trade or a business...

"Well that's something we shall have to remedy, isn't it?" ~Braveheart

Seriously no reason you can't learn an employable skill(s) all by your lonesome right at your computer. I did! No formal training. Downloaded/purchased many books and training videos, and went through a mountain of free online tutorials. All in web development. I'm currently self-employed as a free lance web developer, but I have also been hired onto various teams for long-term projects. You could replicate this approach towards other lines of work...

Everyone starts at the beginning of any skill. The only thing stopping you from developing one is you. Trust me it's doable...even from home.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Maynard has earlier denied claims that he was the one holding the album. After being asked about the new album at a Q&A session, Maynard said, “Do I seem like a lazy person? Then stop blaming me.”

Not to mention the lawsuit. Its sad to think the album could have been released already. Writing music during during a stressful period may or may not contribute to the bands success either. I can't wait to see!

edit on 13-3-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

can you provide a link to this story?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

can you provide a link to this story?

No problem.

fdrmx.com...
www.spin.com...
www.rollingstone.com...
www.musictimes.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
soop

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
So what's bothering you at the moment?

The most important thing that is always on my mind - my health as well as the health and happiness of my husband and daughter. That's it. Anything else isn't worth worrying over (like politics, world issues, etc).

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Designing an entirely new social, cultural, and economic paradigm.

It takes a lot of work, and out of the box thinking but most of it is there. Biggest hang up now is figuring out how to balance failing health with getting things done. It's a very, very fine line.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join