It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 year old girl left partially paralyzed after eating Pot laced brownie at school

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I would've been 'paralysed' too if I'd had to 'splain it to everyone...basically a load of 'bullstuff', and a M A J O R example of 'hey, look over there!'.

Å99

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Marijuana has never paralysed anyone... Ever!

Marijuana never will paralyse anyone... Ever!

Here in Washington where pot is now legal there is an issue with the amount of THC that a brownie can hold that is basically at a untested level when people use oils as the THC base. There is cases of what is being determine as over dose with some serious side effects that I do not think a person smoking can achieve.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Consuming pot can cause temporary paralysis. I have not heard of it being permanent.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
Personally I do think it's possible the pot brownie messed her up. At least as a trigger.

If she had a preexisting health condition then getting really really high could have exasperated it with elevated blood pressure.

That's what I was thinking too Lucid. That it was a trigger for another condition. But not the cause of.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: Anyafaj

So we should just take this mothers expert advice........Ya. She has no idea what caused this and is making wild claims. Before we judge the mother to harsh remember this is her daughter and she is in shock.

And just as an aside, Opposing Views.com, started their article on this girl with "Mom is anti pot." LOL No! I'm shocked! Just shocked I tell you! LOL

Reefer Madness - Part Duex

Brooklyn, New York, mother Allison Buchanan is against marijuana legalization, but not for the usual reasons — her reason will leave you speechless.

edit on 3/13/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
No this is one of the health "benefits" of pot, along with memory loss, reduced IQ, and induced schizophrenia.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
What a load of garbage. And who pays someone at their school for a normal brownie?

"Honest Mum, they looked so tasty it was worth the 5 bucks"... Whatever...

Someone, in fact a few someones, are telling porkies here. As others have said if there is any connection it was indirectly through an existing condition. I expect if she had done some decent aerobic exercise it would have triggered it as well maybe.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith
What a load of garbage. And who pays someone at their school for a normal brownie?

"Honest Mum, they looked so tasty it was worth the 5 bucks"... Whatever...

Someone, in fact a few someones, are telling porkies here. As others have said if there is any connection it was indirectly through an existing condition. I expect if she had done some decent aerobic exercise it would have triggered it as well maybe.

Then again, with these dang bake sales and inflation, $5 may be cheap! LOL But you're right. I think a few lies in mom's direction, a preexisting and we have the perfect storm and the perfect story for MSM.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I dont believe her for a second, she is looking for a check.
edit on 13-3-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Ill bet if you hit that girl and her mother in the rear of their car with a bicycle they would get out holding the back of their necks and sue you. Sounds like the mother is looking for a buck.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SevenThunders
No this is one of the health "benefits" of pot, along with memory loss, reduced IQ, and induced schizophrenia.

Even if half thats true still better than the health benfits of alcohol.

Liver damage
Heart disease.
Hight blood presure
Diabetes
Mouth,throat and stomach cancer

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

So, AFTER being released from the hospital, she went home and THEN she became ill...It said initially her blood pressure was high...

Sounds like she had a stroke, FROM HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, that was probably present for a while and not treated. It is very well known fact that African Americans suffer from high blood pressure more frequently than other races and the age of onset can be quite young. Don't believe me? Look it up.

She didn't become paralyzed from cannabis. That is absolutely absurd.

Just more anti-cannabis propaganda is all this is.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Your claims are unsubstantiated and completely WRONG.

Reduced IQ? Are you serious? Some may suffer from SHORT TERM memory loss, but it has no effect on long term memory...

Nor does it "induce" schizophrenia. There is ZERO actual evidence of this.

IMHO, people who make claims like this are either ignorant, one of the anti-cannabis propaganda elite, or just trolls.

There are TONS of peer-reviewed clinical studies and research out there that proves your claims are completely false. Try Google Scholar and educate yourself so you don't sound like a complete buffoon making these claims on the internet.

Here's a link to a VERY informative documentary...It is currently on Netflix, btw.

The Culture High

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I have only been using marijuana for 34 years now so I'm no expert, but I think that this is just another ploy by 'Big Bakery' to curb the trend for 'Homemade Brownies' and consolidate their monopoly on tasty treats.

Pot can kill .......... if a bale of it falls on your head from a significant height.

This is a reactionary scare story to frighten the ignorant.
Won't somebody think of the children!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh

Lol ive used to partake for many years, whats funny is I experienced the same thing in high school except it didn't paralyze me. I was in 4th period math, a gentlemen offered to sell me a green brownie. So I purchased it and consumed it there. Lunch was next. At this point in my life i hadn't become a full blown smoker so when i ate this thing, its effects were wild to say the least. All the sounds became heightened my heart was racing i felt hot. after lunch was health class.

I was face down in my book trippin balls in front of the very teacher that would most likely have experience in the subject. After health class i did not go to the rest of my classes that day. The effects had finally went away though in time for me to take the bus home and recover before seeing my parents haha. only twice in my life have I eaten a medical cannabis edible that was too powerful that literally brought me to the floor and pass out.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
First off, I'm saying that this is an undiagnosed health condition and the mother is being motivated by her anti-pot bias to say pot caused it. I notice that the doctors aren't saying the pot was at fault.

Second off, If this turned out to be true this is just further evidence for legalization not prohibition. CLEARLY pot being illegal didn't stop her from buying and eating the brownie. With pot being legal, regulations could prevent things like this from happening. Not to mention since she is 17, keep her from buying it in the first place. As it stands with pot being illegal, teenagers have ZERO trouble buying pot. With it being legal, a store could get shutdown by the police for selling to minors. It's simple logic here. Anti-pot arguments fall flat in the face of logic.
edit on 13-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MConnalley
a reply to: HumansEh

' A gentlemen offered to sell me a green brownie. So I purchased it and consumed it there.'

I think we should have a short story competition that must begin with that line, I reckon there are a thousand tales of baked crazy fun that could emerge.

Seriously though, when you buy someone elses 'product' you can never be sure of the ingredients, additives or consequences, a bit like chugging someone else's moonshine.
I have had some odd stuff happen over the years myself (nothing alarming) but never and I mean never from any I have grown myself in the past. Ironically scare stories like this unfortunate girls plight really strengthen the argument for full legalization and quality control.
edit on 0700000003am343 E07 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Oh puhlease...

Ironically, those "benefits" are similar to regular sunday service...

edit on 13-3-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Marijuana has never paralysed anyone... Ever!

Marijuana never will paralyse anyone... Ever!

Here in Washington where pot is now legal there is an issue with the amount of THC that a brownie can hold that is basically at a untested level when people use oils as the THC base. There is cases of what is being determine as over dose with some serious side effects that I do not think a person smoking can achieve.

I'd imagine excessive amounts of THC coated in anything could do that even if there wasn't a single marijuana bud in the brownie.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Actually, depending on the strain...

It can do all three of those things...

For example...

Amnesia, while being the most beautiful breed of marijuana, can cause short and long term memory loss...
Speaking from experience...

Loss of memory (short and/or long term) can reduce IQ significantly...

& smoking too much, for too long, without moderation, can definitely awaken/exacerbate mental health issues, especially schizo-affective disorders...
& continuation of smoking after diagnoses is harrowingly detrimental to recovery...

I don't care what studies either side of this argument has to offer...
I know the above for a fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join