It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 year old girl left partially paralyzed after eating Pot laced brownie at school

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

My bad you caught me in mid edit, I was about to give you credit for that.

I'm going with rare allergic reaction or interference/reaction with an underlying condition.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Drudge report runs crap articles like this everyday, pandering to Republicans and trying to the bitter end to demonize this magical plant.

Why is the anti marijuana movement and being Republican almost synonymous?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is not even a real news story. Nothing but a silly story by a silly website to gain ad revenue.

Unless she had an as of yet unexplained reaction to cannabis. it is more likley that sha had a bad reaction to the sugar.

The article even says she ate "part of a cookie"?

What kind of idiot would put so much weed into a cookie it could (even though it could not) paralyse someone eating part of it.

Utter nonsense IMO.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
First time someone on pot lost their appetite.

There was bound to be some other compound in it that caused it, if it did at all.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

not to mention that it would SEVERELY affect the taste.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Anyone who has toked high quality ganja should be aware that it spikes the heart and can increase blood pressure initially followed by a gradual decline in heart rate and even lower blood pressure than baseline within 30-60 minutes. A lot of this depends on one's chemistry, dose, and method of use. I'm not sure how ingesting would affect this.

If it truly happened from a pot brownie, then it was likely a stroke that would have happened anyways. The spike in heart rate is not so great, topping about 50% over resting rate, which is equivalent to maybe speed walking. Having high blood pressure already, combined with the spike, could increase the risk.

There's also the chance that she shizzed from not knowing what was going on with her. When I'm riding in a vehicle and a jolt is initiated by the driver, it makes a difference if that driver is myself or not. Same for not expecting the jolts of becoming intoxicated. Perhaps mild paranoia induced a panic attack, which caused a stroke?

In general marijuana is quite beneficial for the brain, and I'm unaware of anyone else having a stroke from it to date. I also question if this really was from regular marijuana in the first place. I can imagine a dumb kid trying to make pot brownies with synthetic pot. That stuff is a big no-no.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I have never heard of anything like this happening PURELY because a brownie containing pot has been consumed. This individual must have had some sort of underlying, not to mention EXCEPTIONALLY rare condition, or has an exceptionally rare expression of a condition, rare or otherwise.

I am going to say this just the once. It is IMPOSSIBLE for a person to die, or nearly die, or even come down with something as serious as this, as a result of consuming pot, by any method, unless they have a serious underlying condition.

Also, I have to say, if the story is accurate with regard to the idea that this young lady had no idea there was pot in the brownie when she ate it, then a) the person who sold it to her should be arrested and thrown in jail for misleading her, and b) the afflicted young lady must have had the most dysfunctional olfactory process in the entire history of human nostril related misadventures.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
Drudge report runs crap articles like this everyday, pandering to Republicans and trying to the bitter end to demonize this magical plant.

Why is the anti marijuana movement and being Republican almost synonymous?

Because they probably smoked it before and came to the realisation that their Neo-con values were the maximum bulls#...

They had an epiphany as they reached nirvana and saw a world of multicultural tolerance and a gleaming utopia...

Then the effects wore off and they said "no one can know about this"...

Or something like that!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

no proof there was pot in the brownie.
no tests to see if she had a stroke?
no tests to see if she had a diabetic seizure?
no tests to see if she has a nut allergy?
they went straight to "pot paralyzed me".

really?

i'm not buying this story.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: nonspecific

not to mention that it would SEVERELY affect the taste.

I'm pretty sure you would know early on although I suspect that it is possible but unlikley that she had a panic attack so bad she had a stroke but given her age and the ability of smoke to knock you clean out I find this hard to believe unless she shad a heart condition.

If thats the case then it is unfortunate but not the drug but the ailment that caused the paralasys

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Rexamus

it wasnt the mariguanja it was the demons. Yessir they did come down from the archangel Jabriel and did infect my blessed angel with the aids that came from the devil brownie. And they did play their trumpets oh lord, and the lord appeared and he said "I will destroy your crack hobbit!" and in return you must give me your first born. Ahmen. Hallelujah. And lo and behold their was paralyses, and the demon pot man did appear and he stroked the elbow of all in his prescence, while dressed in a clown costume. He ran away on a tricycle.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Having eaten a lot of "special" brownies, I have to call bs on this. I'm going with botulism or a stroke. Maybe she took something else that had already metabolized by the time she had a tox screen. I see this as Reefer Madness part 2. Nothing but propaganda, and like I said, BS.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
I'm thinking allergic reaction or something else in the brownie that metabolises fast.

That's what I was thinking too. That and I'm thinking there might be, could be, a little more going on than is being revealed. I'm a bit on the fence that she didn't know it was a pot brownie. Quite a few people say you can smell it. So I don't know on that end of it.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Why the hell does she have a massive bandage around her head?

Do they think people are stupid?

Yes I guess people are stupid...

So they think everyone is stupid?

That bandage is really strange.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus

originally posted by: Anyafaj

"A New York mother claims her daughter was left partially paralyzed by a marijuana-infused brownie she bought at her high school"

And what medical and/or research credentials does this mother have, as to be credible in her claim that marijuana was the source of paralyzation?

There is nothing here in the article that suggests anything other than an anti-marijuana agenda.

"Be afraid... pot can paralyze you!"

Yeah, that was what I got out of that one too. And you know NY, they've been holding out for some time, especially with medical marijuana. So they've GOT to be loving this story. I personally, am not into recreational, but I have no issue with those using it for medical needs. And for those that use it recreationally, as long as they don't push it on me, I could care less.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So then no Brownies at school next step. Did the kid selling them have a vendors license? 17 isn't of legal age anyhow and at school at that.
And charges should be all over the seller and not telling people whats in them selling drugs on school property is a big no no Or even close to a school at that.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Anyafaj

I have a hard time believing she thought it was a "normal" brownie. Why would she buy it and share it with two friends? I don't know how much they cost, but it seems it would be more than a normal brownie... If the other two girls didn't get sick, I think this girl must have had an undiagnosed health condition.

Source

Certainly possible. I'm leaning towards allergy, chemical reaction in her body, or food poisoning, such botulism. But I do love how MSM is crying Pot almost killed this poor, poor, poor child! She was so sweet and innocent before pot entered her life!
edit on 3/12/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It is possible that when they treated her as an emergency, after she was returned to the hospital having been sent away, that her symptoms may have concerned the doctors so much that they worried about the state of the intracranial pressure her brain was under at the time. A rise in intracranial pressure can be both the cause of, or an indicator of a serious brain injury.

It is sometimes necessary for doctors to perform a procedure involving the insertion of a probe, which measures that pressure so that doctors can get real time updates on this important metric. This obviously means putting a hole in the skull, through which the probe is inserted, and this would explain the presence of the head bandages.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This story is BS on so many level. First whatever it was she had a "Reaction" too. It sure wasn't the THC. I'm betting she threw a histrionic episode to cover for her little dinning escapade.

She didn't know it was a Pot Brownie. OK.... I have some beach front property in the Sonora desert to sell you. She knew it had pot in it. And after the first bite she would have tasted it too. Not like it tastes like a normal brownie.

And the police investigating it. What will the outcome be from all those man hours. A barely prosecutable offence on a minor. UH OK good use of your time.

This to me just sounds like really, really pathetic desperate out of ideas Anti Pot mongering by certain groups that are really opposed to it. Right up there with Drug crazed rabbits eating weed.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I also think she has an unknown (to her) condition. The pot made her blood pressure go up so what if she unknowingly has a disorder such as sickle cell disease and the affects of the pot exacerbated it?
Sickle cell can cause strokes which in return causes paralysis. The convulsions are also a sign of a stroke.

Of course we will never hear a follow up on this story. They would rather leave it with people thinking that weed did this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join