It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

17 year old girl left partially paralyzed after eating Pot laced brownie at school

page: 1
15
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   








A New York mother claims her daughter was left partially paralyzed by a marijuana-infused brownie she bought at her high school.

Danieel Buchanan, 17, was sold the snack by a classmate at Benjamin Banneker High School in Brooklyn on February 27, thinking its ingredients were innocent.

But the teenager started to feel sick soon after and went to the school nurse with a racing heart rate and high blood pressure.

The school then called her mother Allison at 11am to say they were taking her daughter to the emergency room at Brooklyn Hospital.

After an initial check-up she was released into her parents' care - but her condition started to dramatically deteriorate.

Her mother told PIX11 she couldn't walk by herself, could barely eat and could only handle a few sips of tea at a time.

At 3am the next morning, she took the youngster to Beth Israel in Manhattan, but was quickly transferred to nearby Mount Sinai.

Her mother says when Danieel arrived she began convulsing and has been partially-paralyzed ever since.

'She’s not able to walk. She can’t stand. She can’t sit up,' Mrs Buchanan told the station. 'They have never seen anything like this before.'

Blood tests revealed she had marijuana in her system - but no other drugs were present.

Mrs Buchanan insists she has never been involved in drugs or alcohol before and doesn't have any underlying health problems.

'She didn't know it had weed in there, she thought it was just a regular brownie,' Mrs Buchanan said.

Doctors told her she needed rehabilitative therapy, but her insurance company , Empire Blue Cross, Blue shield, has denied her the coverage. The Daily Mail Online has contacted them for comment.

The 18-year-old student who sold her the brownie has been suspended and the NYPD are investigating the incident.




Very interesting. I wonder if it's one of those things where it's a chemical reaction with her body and her body rejected it, so to speak? It could even be a bad batch, if you will. Apparently it was ONLY pot, nothing else chemically, but that doesn't mean HER body isn't rejecting the pot chemical or reacting badly to it. I'd be curious if her body will ever gain the ability to walk or eat normally again. Very interesting case either way.



+40 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

If there's any truth to this story it may be the first of its kind.


+50 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Marijuana has never paralysed anyone... Ever!

Marijuana never will paralyse anyone... Ever!




Couple Many lies in that article... Not enough patience to quote them all and lose my rag over it!



I don't believe it. At all!



Edit: I'm inclined to believe she suffered a stroke.
edit on 12-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)



Edit: If not some kind of stroke (mild or serious) then some other ailment that had absolutely no connection to the brownie she had earlier in the day...

To then be released into family care...

To then fall ill again...



Bad marijuana, doing things you've never done before, you should be ashamed and illegal and banned and an imprisonable offence...

BarfBarfBarfBarf
edit on 12-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)


+28 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

"A New York mother claims her daughter was left partially paralyzed by a marijuana-infused brownie she bought at her high school"


And what medical and/or research credentials does this mother have, as to be credible in her claim that marijuana was the source of paralyzation?

There is nothing here in the article that suggests anything other than an anti-marijuana agenda.

"Be afraid... pot can paralyze you!"


edit on 3/12/2015 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm thinking allergic reaction or something else in the brownie that metabolises fast.



posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj I highly doubt that pot is the cause to her ailment.


+10 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Horrible story. Doesn't match any known reaction to THC.
My guess is botulism.

What is Botulism
edit on 12-3-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)


+20 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Nope...

I call Propaganda... Anti Marijuana people will do and say anything to keep it illegal...

Fact is they should try it before they knock it



+31 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

The sugar in the brownie is more dangerous than the marijuana.


+21 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Suspicious to me...

How much did she pay for this "Brownie" $1 or $10? That might be a clue right there as to whether or not she knew what she was buying.

I've eaten them many times so "she couldn't walk by herself, could barely eat and could only handle a few sips of tea at a time." just sounds like she was really high to me.

Also, it doesn't say the pot was actually in the brownie just that pot was in her system.

Strange how many stories are coming out with supposed OD's (impossible) Addiction (Highly doubtful) and even a few stories of violent crimes committed while under the influence ( That's a first)

Maybe it's just me but it seems there may be a lot of new and unique adverse problems surrounding pot since the legal push.

If it's real I would say she's one in a million. Sad for her indeed but that happens with a peanut as well.

Jude11


edit on 12-3-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It was definitely not the Mary J I can guarantee that on my life... unless it was laced maybe she had a jeffery???


+4 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I have a hard time believing she thought it was a "normal" brownie. Why would she buy it and share it with two friends? I don't know how much they cost, but it seems it would be more than a normal brownie... If the other two girls didn't get sick, I think this girl must have had an undiagnosed health condition.

Source


+4 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
C'mon, I don't think it was pot that caused her issues.

My BS meter is topping out. Are they talking about changing the law where this happened and needed some good propaganda?

IMHO this is an agenda driven article.



posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   


Marijuana has never paralysed anyone... Ever!


I don't know about that. That Nepalese stuff I had one time certainly didn't leave me very active afterwards.



posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well the stroke could have been triggered by high blood pressure.

Pot could have caused a blood pressure spike. Its possible.

But there was probably in fact definitely other underlying issues.



At the end of the day pots still a heck of a lot safer than Alcohol or even caffeine.
edit on 12-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Any reports of anyone else eating these particular brownies? I'm sure she wasn't the only one who consumed one.



posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
lol, Another example of the ignorant dumb, uneducated american stereotype.



posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Suspicious to me...

How much did she pay for this "Brownie" $1 or $10? That might be a clue right there as to whether or not she knew what she was buying.

I've eaten them many times so "she couldn't walk by herself, could barely eat and could only handle a few sips of tea at a time." just sounds like she was really high to me.

Also, it doesn't say the pot was actually in the brownie just that pot was in her system.

Strange how many stories are coming out with supposed OD's (impossible) Addiction (Highly doubtful) and even a few stories of violent crimes committed while under the influence ( That's a first)

Maybe it's just me but it seems there may be a lot of new and unique adverse problems surrounding pot since the legal push.

If it's real I would say she's one in a million. Sad for her indeed but that happens with a peanut as well.

Jude11



Lets be balanced here.

Everyone bodys are different.

People have underlying health issues and not everyone will react the same. Random effects even if very rare can appear.

This apply s to EVERYTHING. Pot, Alcohol, C affine and even sugars.

With more people taking pot there will be more chance of random and rare problems appearing.

It does not though make it unsafe as you cant protect yourself from everything. If you banned everything that had a 1 in a billion chance of killing you....well not even water would be legal



posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah
Any reports of anyone else eating these particular brownies? I'm sure she wasn't the only one who consumed one.


She shared the brownie with two other girls. Link in my post above.



posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Something's not right about this story. I'm guessing the Brownie, even if it did contain marijuana, did not cause the attack. I'm also guessing her friends offered her a fatty earlier that week and she didn't want to own up to her mother she had smoked... This is bad publicity for a harmless "drug"

-Rex-




top topics



 
15
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join