It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I have a problem for appreciating this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

That guy's way older than the girl in the OP, and too old for me!

files.abovetopsecret.com...

That's more like it!

edit on 3/13/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

We've been watching you...

You sexy beast

Purple is my favourite colour.....

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Aw come on, OP and guys. Sure her face and body are fine, but the image is deliberately intended to send a message of sexual invitation as illustrated by the positioning of her hands in a suggestive motion inside her panties. Surely you know that, but the question is whether you're willing to acknowledge it.

Compare to the guy below whose hands are not on his body but on a riding helmet. Would I let him take me for a ride? Naw, he's not my type, and besides his pants aren't done up, lol. Another image meant to sell sex. He looks too artificial and the first question is whether he used steroids or photoshop to get a body like that.

It looks like sexual objectification of women to sell a magazine, OP.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Sex is natural. There is nothing wrong with being sexual. (imo)

If that was a Cosmo cover (for women) then there would be no issue.
But it's for a mans magazine (Sports Illustrated) so that (somehow) makes it different, less acceptable.
Why?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
How many people are really up in arms about this woman? A few ninnies on Facebook, maybe. Some who are probably sharing for the sole purpose of having the conversation, (which has been carried on here, so, it worked) not because of any real "offence" that they feel. I think most mothers of young girls wouldn't want them to see this because, yes, psychologically, it hurts them somewhat; but how often are these magazines even prominently displayed where children can't help but see them? Again, it's likely rare.

And I agree with Hecate666, that man is definitely not every woman's ideal, maybe the type of woman who's been force fed romance novels her whole life, or one whose been heartbroken so long she hides behind fantasies so unattainable she'll never have to face the challenge of a relationship again. (I suspect there are more of these women than those who would be offended by a beautiful swimsuit model.)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

In case your question was aimed at me, I've never bought Cosmo, so I don't know about it. I'm not into magazines at all. Sex is natural, sure. Using it to sell stuff though is not ok, imo. Take the sexily clad woman who is passing her hands all over a car at the auto show. Are they afraid the car itself is not enough to interest men and initiate sales?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Sorry to burst your bubble, but NO ONE's pubic area looks like that in real life...

Just so you know, I'm a nurse and have seen every body type, from every age, sex, and race over the years. So I feel really comfortable making that statement.

The Photoshopping killed it, IMHO. She looks like a naked mannequin in that area.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Hahaha, yes. Having also worked in healthcare, and having seen so many naked people....I've never seen a blurry, perfectly tanned, hairless pubic region that looks like it might turn into some kind of...smooth, Barbie like bodyscape if the swimsuit came off.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This should have been the photo for the front cover. Now don't tell me this was Photo Shopped.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I think a round of applause from a pimp killer is befitting such a declaration...

As for the OP...

Misogyny is low level interaction imo...

I appreciate a conversation, even though I'm the quiet type...

Beauty is only skin deep...

& as my dad taught me growing up, & as I learned on the way...

Some of the most "beautiful" people on the planet, open their mouths and become the ugliest *insert profanity* you've ever met.

& if I'm honest, this thread seems like a bit of a sly dig at women you believe to be "average"...

Which is ludicrous.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join