It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Klonean war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I have been hearing worrying reports about North Korea's human genetics projects. It may have a more sinister tone to it than the cloning of the sheep we did a few years ago. Apparantly they have been developing a clone army! No media access in North Korea at all we just don't know whats going on in there do we! Think about it they are iscolated and scared the only way they could ever hope to match our military power is more manpower and the easiest way to do this is to grow soldiers in huge jam jar like containers. I know it sounds out there but just stop for a moment....and think about it (they are the pinnacle of the axis of evil). We must stop the evil army of clones spreading the commy word. It's high time we started to develop a clone army of our own. What do you think?

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
uuuuuuuuuh

No.

Clones? so what. right now they're no better than regular people, if they exist at all, and if they're not riddled with genetic defects. They'd still use guns, and they'd still die from bullet shots. nothing special.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesUK
I have been hearing worrying reports about North Korea's human genetics projects.

How bout some links to support this?

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesUK
Think about it they are iscolated and scared the only way they could ever hope to match our military power is more manpower and the easiest way to do this is to grow soldiers in huge jam jar like containers.

This is not accurate. North Korea has a population of over 22 million and as such can field a respectable military by conscription with far less expense than cloning.
For a nation in North Korea's position to produce super-soldiers would basically mean a forced breeding program with the use of fertility drugs and a state program to raise the offspring from birth to be soldiers.
This would take about 30 years to produce a significant military force and it wouldn't be unlimited in size- probably a few divisions.
Cloning has the same limitations. Funding limits the number of "commie supermen" they can produce, the time it takes for a person to grow up slows the availablity of the force, and last but not least the free will of a human being will create a certain percentage of the force which is unusable.

Almost no important historical military force has relied on its size. The Spartans at Thermopylae, the Mongols, the Swedes under Gustavus Adolphus, US Marines in pretty much every battle from Tripoli to Chosin, the Israelis- these are forces which relied on superior discipline, superior tactics/doctrine, and superior weaponry.

I'm not afraid that an enemy will clone people. I'm afraid that North Korea will develop clone soldiers. I'm afraid that they will develop a professional military in the western tradition, a viable manuever doctrine, and 4th generation hardware.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
No Korean is cloning anybody. If they were, we'd know about it for sure because of:
Spies
Satelites

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The best that the North Korean's are doing at this moment are the cloning of rabbits. Perhaps you are confusing North korea with South Korea, who has been reported to have been running human cloning experiments?

seekerof

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
No clones. And if so, they'd have to speed up genetic enhancement [growth speed?] to make an efficient enough force, or they could be waiting 20 years per batch of soldiers.
If any nation is creating an army, it's be of very developed robots, I doubt human clones...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The only cloning we have to worry about from N Korea is that Kim Jong Il will try to clone himself or his father. There is no military advantage for making a clone army infact it would cost thousands of times more the just drafting people.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Just because in North Korea they all dress basically alike and most of them seem to have the name "Kim" is no reason to suspect that there is anything to these human cloning claims.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
There would be need for some secret formula to do that, so many issues still unrevealed about human that N Korea would be last place to expect clone anyone, whats the use for it? Clone army is ridilicous idea even if you could raise em quick, you know what sort of weapons could be used vs clone that has no human rights, so they would be literally anhilated in no time. Anyway good try, and yes S Korea does some clone research and have been successful on it on the areas they research, still far from perfect cloning. I think most of cloning idea atm is to get for example tissues to fix us like broken cars, of course cloned part could be potentially cleaner and better than the one person lost, still far from making superior humans.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
do you have any idea, whay kind of technology a cloning program demands? not to mention funding and suppliers.. The NK dont have many $$ so i think the most expensive programs are the WMD programs

new topics

top topics

join