It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I will vote and how I will try and make a diffrence.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This is from the UK but this may be something to think about elsewhere.
After much thought here is how I will vote and why I think this is the best way:

Few principles I will go by:
1) Does not matter in the grand scheme who gets in to be prime minister. Cameron or milliband are typical useless politicians

2) All main UK Party's at the core are corrupt useless corporate puppets.

3) Party loyalty is irrelevant.

So what will be my strategy?

Make my decision on a local level.

My suggestion is look at the MP in your area. Forget whether they are conservative, Labor, Lib dem or other. Remove the label.
Look at what THEY as a individual have done and achieved, Look at how they have voted, Look at there back ground, look at how they vote.

Look up these facts about you MP and candidates:

1) Are they old school members of the "establishment"
2) are they old etonites or other private schoolboys/girls?
3) Are they from oxbridge?
4)Do they have links to big corperations?
5) Do they have aristocratic links?
6) Are they capable of independent thinking and vote against there party?
7) How has you areas fared in the recession compared to the rest of the country?
8) Do they ignore facts are common sense?
9) Do they have links to Thatcher and other pedo lovers?
10) How did they fare in the expense scandal?

Again forget their party vote on the person and what there local record is like.

My Logic?

Voting for party's wont change anything, so try and change the parties!

Kick the old career politician out on both sides. Try and infuse new blood. Punish failure and reward success. If a MP has done a good job for there area keep them in. If they have done a bad job boot them out.

My local MP has done a good job. We have fared better than most in the recession, unemployment has fallen, roads have been improved, we have some of the best schools in the area, she has voted against her own party who were in favor of war and she came from a normal school and attended a normal university and she publishes here expenses. So I will keep her.

I suggest everyone do the same in there own area at the general election.

Ignore the party, ignore the squabbling between milliband and Cameron and vote on your local MP and how good they have done there job!

Maybe if we boot out the career politicians and punish failure and reward success we can make changes from the bottom up?

Again ignore the party and vote on the candidate in your area.

edit on 12-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
This is from the UK but this may be something to think about elsewhere.
After much thought here is how I will vote and why I think this is the best way:

Few principles I will go by:
1) Does not matter in the grand scheme who gets in to be prime minister. Cameron or milliband are typical useless politicians

2) All main UK Partys at the core corrupt useless cooperate puppets.

3) Party loyalty is irrelevant.

so what will be my strategy?

Make my decision on a local level.

My suggestion is look at the MP in your area. Forget whether they are conservative, Labor, Lib dem or other. Remove the label.
Look at what THEY as a individual have done and achieved, Look at how they have voted, Look at there back ground, look at how they vote.

Look up these facts about you MP and candidates:

1) Are they old school members of the "establishment"
2) are they old etonites or other private schoolboys/girls?
3) Are they from oxbridge?
4)Do they have links to big cooperation?
5) do they have aristocratic links?
6) are they capable of independent thinking and vote against there party?
7) How has you areas fared in the recession compared to the rest of the country?
8) do they ignore facts are common sense?
9) do they have links to Thatcher and other pedo lovers?
10) How did they fare in the expense scandal?

Again forget their party vote on the person and what there local record is like.

My Logic?

Voteing for party's wont change anything, so try and change the parties!

Kick the old career politician out on both sides. Try and infuse new blood. Punish failure and reward success. If a MP has done a good job for there area keep them in. If they have done a bad job boot them out.

My local MP has done a good job. We have fared better than most in the recession, unemployment has fallen, roads have been improved, we have some of the best schools in the area, she has voted against her own party who were in favor of war and she came from a normal school and attended a normal university and she publishes here expenses. So I will keep her.

I suggest everyone do the same in there own area at the general election.

Ignore the party, ignore the squabbling between milliband and Cameron and vote on your local MP and how good they have done there job!

Maybe if we boot out the career politicians and punish failure and reward success we can make changes from the bottom up?

Again ignore the party and vote on the candidate in your area.

Sound advice, I was looking at a tactical vote for whoever would reduce UKIP's chances of gaining any ground but I think there on self destruct anyway.

My local MP is conservative and I would never usually vote that way but he's got a pretty strong majority and seems like he's done ok so far.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here in the US I have a simple filter for who gets my vote:

1) No Republicans
2) No Democrats
3) No incumbents
4) No career politicians

My choices are severely limited, but at least I'm not contributing to Business as Usual. As I told my mother years ago, "I've voted for Communist Party nominees. At least they're honest about what their plans are."

Not that any one vote counts for much anyway.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

My local MP is conservative and I would never usually vote that way but he's got a pretty strong majority and seems like he's done ok so far.

Yeah same in my area.

My conservative MP alright. I hope she stays in

But down the road in the next constituency the Conservative MP is a 100% old establishment Muppet and scum bag. I hope labor or lib dem gets in there.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I lost faith in party politicians years ago, they are much of a muchness really and only serve the City. That was evident when we started bailing out the banks and allowed them to pay huge bonuses out of tax payers money. I appreciate they needed a bail out, otherwise it would have been chaos, but to allow payment of large bonuses spoke volumes.

I will go independent, even though I live in a constituency where Labour has a 20,000+ majority, but I won't follow the herd.
edit on 12/3/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: Poor poor grammar

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I lost faith in party politicians years ago, they are much of a muchness really and only serve the City. That was evident when we started bailing out the banks and allowed them to pay huge bonuses out of tax payers money. I appreciate they needed a bail out, otherwise it would have been chaos, but to allow payment of large bonuses spoke volumes.

I will go independent, even though I live in a constituency where Labour has a 20,000+ majority, but I won't follow herd.

Without wishing to get rotten tomatoes thrown at me the Green party have some interesting ideas.

There, I said it.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I will go independent, even though I live in a constituency where Labour has a 20,000+ majority, but I won't follow herd.

Why not look up to see of your local MP voted in favor of the bailout and there stance on bonuses?

As I said forget the party look at the candidate. See what he or she is actually like.

There are a few gems amongst the turds.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Without wishing to get rotten tomatoes thrown at me the Green party have some interesting ideas.

There, I said it.

There also have a lot of bat # crazy ideas

To much crazy for me like UKIP haha

But if both Labour and Torys candidates in your area are rotten then they are a valid 3rd party vote I guess.

If that's the only way to get a rotten MP out of office then go for it.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Why not look up to see of your local MP voted in favor of the bailout and there stance on bonuses?

As I said forget the party look at the candidate. See what he or she is actually like.

There are a few gems amongst the turds.

She's retiring and yeah, she would have voted for the bailout as she was a Treasury Minister back in the day.

There appears to be some good local politicians from different parties, but at the end of the day they vote how their party wants them to vote, unless it means upsetting the majority of their constituents.
edit on 12/3/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: Typo

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

There, I said it.

There also have a lot of bat # crazy ideas

To much crazy for me like UKIP haha

But if both Labour and Torys candidates in your area are rotten then they are a valid 3rd party vote I guess.

If that's the only way to get a rotten MP out of office then go for it.

Thats the problem with the Green Party.

I like there idea of lowering taxes for small business's and raising and actually enforcing taxes on large corperations.

They also want to get rid of NI and fund the NHS from the revenue gained from the big corperations.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

There appears to be some good local politicians from different parties, but at the end of the day they vote how their party wants them to vote, unless it means upsetting the majority of their constituents.

Not always. You would be surprised how some buck there parties. And that there job to represent there constituents

Of the grand scale I agree Labor/Tory it does not matter.

Local Im starting think its a lot different.

A young fresh Labour or Tory Government with old establishment gone could be as good a change as a random 3rd party and likley has a better chance to succeed.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i'm gonna vote for uhmm yeahhh that's right. i don't vote. should've saved my votingbill in case i run out of toiletpaper.
vote all you want people look what it has brought you these past years. same sh*t only worse every year

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
i'm gonna vote for uhmm yeahhh that's right. i don't vote. should've saved my votingbill in case i run out of toiletpaper.
vote all you want people look what it has brought you these past years. same sh*t only worse every year

Not voting wont make a difference either

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I voted once. didn't make much of a difference then. So i doubt it will be different because it's a different year.
I get what you mean though. But to me voting for the lesser of two evils don't make much sense.... I would vote if there was actually a party that seemed fair but all i see is crooked @$$ politicians

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Its good advice.

But i'm still not sure. Gonna wait and see what there going to say in the next few weeks and prob decide on the day, Not that much will change, you still have to vote it if your gonna complain for the next 5 years!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Voting for any of the main parties is like choosing between coke and pepsi..Either way you are still voting for a corperation.
I have not voted for twenty years but i am desperate to see some change so i will caste my vote to the green party..

purp

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Thats my line of thought now. I have not voted for a long time now about i am about to start doing so. The adleast seem to address political points of importance that the other parties seem to skim over. They lack experience but that can come in time..

purp..

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

The Greens have needed people like you for the last 20 years

And if Lab/Con Are Pepsi n Coke that makes Lib Roller Cola right?
edit on 12-3-2015 by Glz00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I don't live in the UK, but that's very sound advice for anyone voting in the US. And it much describes how I've been voting for years now. I altogether ignore the top of the ticket, i.e. the "President/Vice-President"; I only vote in the local elections for US Senator and US Representative and of course, the State Senator and Representative positions.

Good advice!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Voting for any of the main parties is like choosing between coke and pepsi..Either way you are still voting for a corperation.
I have not voted for twenty years but i am desperate to see some change so i will caste my vote to the green party..

purp

Thats why I said don't vote for a party.

Ignore the party label.

Vote for the candidate.

And green party lol They are bat # insane , or at least its leader is !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join