It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Who Gave Daughter To Rapist Had Exorcisms Performed To Get Rid Of Demons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat
All religion needs to be left out of politics, it should not even be brought up. If you are religious keep it to yourself. If you act like like this guy. Should be removed.

@ Gryphon66 - I asked about the other party and having those tings go on because I think it would be in interesting paper. How many of our elected officials see demons/angels/djinn/satan/god /brownies/fairies/ what else could be inserted.

Would be interesting to see the numbers .

Agreed, the Founders made that abundantly clear in the First Amendment, didn't they?

Jefferson made it clear that religion was protected because it was a private matter between oneself and one's beliefs. (Letter to the Danbury Baptists)

How appalled he would be, I think, at the calumnies claimed in his name today.

I hadn't thought about it in academic terms. Having a fondness for certain mythological creatures myself, it might indeed be interesting to see what the percentages of politicians actually claiming "to see" these things that are, ahem, invisible to most of us (because they don't exist outside of imagination.)

Interesting note in that poll I described earlier ... more Republicans believe in demons, but more Democrats believe in ghosts.

I wonder if politicians in the UK would tend to believe more strongly in fairies, or if those in the Pacific Northwest favor the Sasquatch.

I look forward to reading your paper when you're done! I hope you'll drop me a link on here.

Best,

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Based on what you've read, do you find the excuse of "protecting religious freedom" a reasonable justification before the law for allowing delusional beliefs to interfere in child care, as we see here?

Absolutely not, in fact, when it comes to child care, it tends to be much more harmful than helpful. Children have been killed by religious types trying to "chase out demons." In January a Maryland mother stabbed her four children to death in the belief they were possessed. There is no shortage of such examples. Not only can such beliefs cause direct harm or death to children under the care of parents in these delusional beliefs, the children have to live with emotional scars for a long time. Not all, mind you, but too many than should.

Rational, evidence-based science and child welfare should take precedence over "religious freedom," but that'll never happen in this country, I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
a reply to: Gryphon66

Based on what you've read, do you find the excuse of "protecting religious freedom" a reasonable justification before the law for allowing delusional beliefs to interfere in child care, as we see here?

Absolutely not, in fact, when it comes to child care, it tends to be much more harmful than helpful. Children have been killed by religious types trying to "chase out demons." In January a Maryland mother stabbed her four children to death in the belief they were possessed. There is no shortage of such examples. Not only can such beliefs cause direct harm or death to children under the care of parents in these delusional beliefs, the children have to live with emotional scars for a long time. Not all, mind you, but too many than should.

Rational, evidence-based science and child welfare should take precedence over "religious freedom," but that'll never happen in this country, I'm afraid.

When did we go so far astray as a people?

One is horrified to think of what might be happening in those "private" religious schools all across the country.

I support the First Amendment right to believe whatever insanity one wishes, as long as that belief is not inflicted upon others, or in these cases, upon children.

May their god have mercy on them because I have none.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: grandmakdw

In response to some previous posts on this thread, most, probably 99%, of these lunatic Fundamentalist Christians are republicans. It is a valid point in this thread and all of these political discussions.

This guy should go to prison for child abuse, the politician and his wife.

So yeah, this is a republican problem. Politics and Christianity shouldn't mix. Take Ben Carson for example and this guy as another example. He used his outdated religious beliefs to abuse little girls and then used his Republican political clout to do whatever he wanted to do.

Demonic possession in Children?

I've taught kids for over 15 years and have yet to see this. Ever.

Christian/Republican lunatics. We don't need em.

"Christian Republican lunatics. We don't need em."

Your suggestion?
Genocide?
One party rule?
Only atheists allowed to vote?
Make lists of all church/mosque/temple goers and deny them the vote?

We should just vote them out of office. Then we need to make sure that we do have this separation of Church and state. They're already trying to turn Oklahoma into a Christian Caliphate of some kind. Next we need to enact tough laws so that when Christians or other religions lunatics, commit crimes like this against children, they get punished severely. No more hiding behind religion. Then we need to be honest with ourselves. Conservative is a code name for Christian and Republican is a code name for Christian. Both of those statements are true 99% of the time.

They,,,, them,,,, we need to enact tough laws so that when Christians....

go and read the statements Hitler and his sycophants made about Jews and the anti-Jewish rhetoric before WWII

Change the word Jewish for Christian, in those rants about Jews, then look in the mirror.

You don't think it's a problem that he was a Christian? It was his beliefs in demonic possession in little girls and the power he had as a politician that were the root cause of this.

Never said or implied that.

I withdraw from this thread, you all have become far too bigoted in your remarks about Christians and Republicans and have implied with too much glee that this behavior is typical of most Republicans and Christians in general. I find your bigotry and prejudice so offensive as to be speechless.

edit on 6Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:45:30 -0500pm31203pmk124 by grandmakdw because: because

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You know, interesting point about Hitler's speeches and writings when he was talking about the Jews ...particularly since he professed to be a Christian and believed that he was doing the will of God! The Vatican even supported him early on, well, until it was no longer politically beneficial to do so.

Of course, our Christian community here has pointed out time after time that Mr. Hitler just couldn't be a Christian ... but even so.

I think the consensus among Christians, about every other topic, is that a statement of religious faith trumps all.

Certainly, in many American states now, his claim to the superiority of his Christian religious beliefs would allow him to side step many of the laws of the land, which is not entirely dissimilar to the way that Rep. Justin Harris has already sidestepped the laws of Arkansas.

Just hypothetically of course.

edit on 18Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:39:40 -050015p062015366 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw
Here you see a lovely example of Reductio ad Hitlerum, more popularly known as Godwin's law - the idea that it's only a matter of time, in any online conversation, before somebody invokes the spectre of Nazism to bolster their flimsy argument. When you get to the point where you're pulling that particular stunt, it's a sure sign that your argument probably doesn't have a leg to stand on.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

In response to some previous posts on this thread, most, probably 99%, of these lunatic Fundamentalist Christians are republicans. It is a valid point in this thread and all of these political discussions.

So yeah, this is a republican problem. Politics and Christianity shouldn't mix. Take Ben Carson for example and this guy as another example. He used his outdated religious beliefs to abuse little girls and then used his Republican political clout to do whatever he wanted to do.

Your suggestion?
Genocide?
One party rule?
Sterilize everyone who attends church/mosque/temple and deny them the right to adopt?

You can't just make a statement like that and not have
an agenda behind it. What is your agenda?

So hang on. We're in a thread about a man in a position of power who is clearly religiously insane, and is a symptom of something that runs deeply through the religious right. Someone says "we shouldn't have religious nutjobs in government" and your response to this is to cry persecution? No one said remove sane people from power. But more and more over the last few decades, we've seen fundamentalists (with emphasis on the "mentalists") in seats of authority, and it needs to end. If you really want people like the sicko this thread is about in power, if you really want to hide psychopaths behind a veil of persecution, you have some serious issues.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Your suggestion?
Genocide?
One party rule?

We should just vote them out of office. Then we need to make sure that we do have this separation of Church and state. They're already trying to turn Oklahoma into a Christian Caliphate of some kind. Next we need to enact tough laws so that when Christians or other religions lunatics, commit crimes like this against children, they get punished severely. No more hiding behind religion. Then we need to be honest with ourselves. Conservative is a code name for Christian and Republican is a code name for Christian. Both of those statements are true 99% of the time.

They,,,, them,,,, we need to enact tough laws so that when Christians....

go and read the statements Hitler and his sycophants made about Jews and the anti-Jewish rhetoric before WWII

Change the word Jewish for Christian, in those rants about Jews, then look in the mirror.

You don't think it's a problem that he was a Christian? It was his beliefs in demonic possession in little girls and the power he had as a politician that were the root cause of this.

Never said or implied that.

I withdraw from this thread, you all have become far too bigoted in your remarks about Christians and Republicans and have implied with too much glee that this behavior is typical of most Republicans and Christians in general. I find your bigotry and prejudice so offensive as to be speechless.

It is not, perhaps, "typical" of Republicans/Christians, but it is essentially "exclusive to".

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

So you say insane things and then take your ball and go home when you get called out on it.

There used to be less intellectual laziness on ATS. I'm usually dead against people who pine after the 'good old days,' you often see it on web communities of a certain age. The unfounded notion that things were better once. Of ATS this is absolutely true. The number of people here who seek to only have their egos stroked and their beliefs validated by strangers lately is staggering, and it's always a treat to see them get on their high horse when challenged.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Odd how the wife could "see demons" yet handed them off to a child molester that had been in their employment.....at a daycare.

Intelligence, it's something that is sorely lacking in society, at every turn you see it's devastating effects.

ETA: I'm assuming child neglect and endangerment charges are soon to follow.....I won't hold my breath. He should be locked away in prison and his batty wife should be doing a tour at the local mental health facility.

Although this is a frankly weird and sad story, there is nothing I can see that shows the rapist was a known rapist or child molester previous to the offence taking place - am I missing something?

I believe what Mr. Spock was referring to was the wife (Marsha Harris) claimed she could see demons in the two little girls, yet when the family sent the girls to live with Francis, the wife inexplicably didn't see any 'demons' in him (and surely if anyone had demons, it would be the child's rapist).

What I find inexcusable is that when Justin Harris went to the press conference (and this is after the rape had occurred) he could only admit that he fired Francis for his poor work record, yet never bothered to mention the rape or that he sent his daughter to live with the rapist. "Oh I fired that guy for poor work attendance. Oh, and did I mention that I sent my adopted daughter to live with the guy and that he raped her? Yeah, that too. That second thing always slips my mind"

Thank you, but you are missing my point. The gist of the OP is that the family sent the child to live with a rapist. Is there evidence I have missed that he had previous convictions for rape? If so, that's terrible. If not, then they didn't send the child to live with a rapist, he committed rape after the event and wasn't a known rapist before it.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

The gist is that he took the children and shipped them off to another home with no concern for their welfare, no background check on Francis, without involving social services or the children's adoption agency. People have done more due diligence putting puppies up for adoption than this guy chose to do. He put up a big fight to adopt them and neglected the care they required and flaunted the recommendations that were given at the time of their adoption. On top of that, he performed useless and harmful religious "cures" rather than real medical or social care they required.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
We know that the Christian will lose, that he and his devilish, life-denying and destructive doctrines will be destroyed

Many of you seem to agree with this statement as the premise of the OP and the core idea of the OP.
Check and link and ponder.

research.calvin.edu...

edit on 4Sat, 14 Mar 2015 16:33:51 -0500pm31403pmk146 by grandmakdw because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join