It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Nemtsov Killed to Scare Putin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The latest Nemtsov murder theory takes a decidedly evil twist. Nemtsov was killed to send a message to Putin!

www.businessinsider.com...

Understanding what is going on behind the scenes of Russia's Elite is always difficult and evidence is simply not available unless deliberately leaked. However this 'theory' has some legs so to speak. It goes like this...

- The murder site, on a bridge beside the Kremlin, is critical. IT IS THE MESSAGE. Clearly Nemtsov could have been killed a million easier places.

- Nemtsov was a well known politician. Journalists are free to kill in modern Russia. Buy a Makarov and go get one yourself if you want. Nobody is going to come after you. Oligarchs are strictly kept OUT of politics. They get jailed and their empires ripped away from them if they get mixed up in politics. Khordorkovsky the prime example. Nemtsov's murder was deeply political.

www.cpj.org...

- If Putin did NOT order or OK the Nemtsov murder, then a powerful group that can kill a politician beside the Kremlin walls is acting outside his control.

- The message to Putin is this: We can kill politicians in very difficult places. Time to listen to us.

Of course the theory lacks any real evidence, as all the Nemtsov theories seem to lack. It does fit the way Russian messages among the elite are sent. We'll probably never know the real reason Nemtsov was murdered. Mind as well pick the theory you like best...

Rest in Peace Mr. Nemtsov
edit on 12-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
An update on the Nemtsov murder details so far...

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

If its meant as a warning to Putin then why kill one of his most ardent critics? The fact the suspects are Chechen is also interesting..

The Russian police are treating this as a murder for hire.

If true, who hired them?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I'm more inclined to believe that it was some Putin obsessed maniac...

a la Hinckley-Foster-Reagan...

But "successful", for want of a better word.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I read an article over at American Pravda last night that included a very interesting quote. As for the article well it is an interesting read but of questionable merit IMHO.

Who killed Nemtsov?

John Tefft, the US Ambassador to Russia, was widely quoted as saying a week before the assassination, that “Messrs Navalny and Nemtsov will make a great contribution to our cause in the nearest future”. Mr Alexey Navalny, the most visible opposition leader, avoided “making a contribution” by getting himself imprisoned for a small offence during the crucial week. Perhaps he got the hint, people say.

Now I didn't fact check this but if true is quite alarming in it's possible intent. Curious that Nevalny just happened to end up in the safety of police custody after the murder of Nemtsov. I can't say I blame him for getting off the streets for a while.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Nemtsov was also said to be poised to blow the cover off of Russian involvement in Ukraine. Then he gets assassinated.

Nemtsov planned to reveal Russian links to Ukraine conflict - Poroshenko

Poro shenko: Nemtsov planned to reveal Russian links to Ukraine conflict (video)

MEPs call for international investigation of Nemtsov’s murder

MEPs called for an independent international investigation into the murder of Nemtsov, who was gathering evidence about Russian involvement in the war in Ukraine, and was killed just two days before he was to lead a demonstration against it.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
If its meant as a warning to Putin then why kill one of his most ardent critics? The fact the suspects are Chechen is also interesting..
The Russian police are treating this as a murder for hire.
If true, who hired them?

Yes, the theory isn't too strong. If you want to threaten Putin you don't kill his opponents, you build them up.

I'm not a believer of this 'Scare Putin' theory myself. I do like the high conspiracy value it brings thou! Putin most likely knew and approved/ordered the Hit. Kadyrov being the organizer.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well, if you "elect" the KGB as your president, you get the KGB with all it's shady baggage and tricks.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Interesting in light of rumours that Putin has "gone missing"

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

It staggers me how people fawn over this man as if he was the last honest politician on the planet and needed to be appreciated for his integrity.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

Interesting in light of rumours that Putin has "gone missing"

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I think he just met a new Italian gymnast or something innocent like that myself. Apparently Putin has already survived 7 attempts on his life...

rense.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Putins critics have a history of being killed or just going missing. I do not see why this case would be any different. In the US this would be madness but, lets face it in Russia this been the ways things have been done since the Czars. You keep your mouth shut unless your saying good things about your leaders if you know whats good for you. Besides Putin got his scare when his economy was revealed to be so weak the West could wreck it with little effort.

new topics

top topics

join