It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI statistics say more black cops kill blacks than white cops kill blacks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
"Obama says cops kill blacks because “they look different”

According to the U.S. Department of Justice’s Bureau of Justice Statistics, the rate of black officers who kill black felons is 32 per 100,000 black officers, which is more than twice the rate of white officers who kill black felons – 14 per 100,000 white officers.

More at link. Found this on another website, and it is also on others. When I saw this I figured I would post it because people seem to think the white man is just running around gunning down blacks for no reason or "racist" reasons.

www.dcclothesline.com...

ID

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

The vast majority of law enforcement officers are doing a really tough job, and most of them are doing it well and are trying to do the right thing. But a combination of bad training, in some cases, a combination in some cases of departments that really are not trying to root out biases, or tolerate sloppy police work; a combination in some cases of folks just not knowing any better, and in a lot of cases, subconscious fear of folks who look different — all of this contributes to a national problem that’s going to require a national solution.

This country is at its best when everybody is being treated fairly. We have a history and a legacy of people not being treated fairly in all kinds of walks of life,” he said during the 30-minute special, titled “It is particularly important for people to feel like they’re being treated fairly by law enforcement and police, because the consequences when they’re not treated fairly can be deadly

From his quote from your link, he obviously didn't mean that this is solely a racial issue. So, this is really all hyperbole.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kreatorkind

The vast majority of law enforcement officers are doing a really tough job, and most of them are doing it well and are trying to do the right thing. But a combination of bad training, in some cases, a combination in some cases of departments that really are not trying to root out biases, or tolerate sloppy police work; a combination in some cases of folks just not knowing any better, and in a lot of cases, subconscious fear of folks who look different — all of this contributes to a national problem that’s going to require a national solution.

This country is at its best when everybody is being treated fairly. We have a history and a legacy of people not being treated fairly in all kinds of walks of life,” he said during the 30-minute special, titled “It is particularly important for people to feel like they’re being treated fairly by law enforcement and police, because the consequences when they’re not treated fairly can be deadly

From his quote from your link, he obviously didn't mean that this is solely a racial issue. So, this is really all hyperbole.

no, he just meant that "in a lot of cases" people get shot because they "look different." it's not entirely about race, it's apparently just about looking different in a lot of cases.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yes normally its understandable when someone kills another that looks the same. LOL

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I think Mark Twain said "there are lies, damned lies, and statistics," other people say "87% of statistics are made up on the spot" I am getting to the point where I don't believe anyones 'statistics' .

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Well... "in a lot of cases" is a pretty subjective term. I'm sure it does happen occasionally. I think his larger point was that people just want to feel like they're not being unfairly targeted by police based on their race. Because when there is a lot of people feeling like they're unfairly targeted (not just being shot, pretty much any police contact that feels like harassment), it tends to lead to explosive situations like what is happening in Ferguson.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
"Looks different" could easily refer to hoods and snapbacks, or trench coats rather than a suit and tie...

& that's the context I took it to be.

I've been stopped thousands of times in hoods and fitted hats...

Never in a suit and tie.

Plus those stats are about felons...
Not all people killed...

Secondly those stats do not decipher if any of them were for race reasons...
You can't negate that argument just by saying what you did.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
I think Mark Twain said "there are lies, damned lies, and statistics," other people say "87% of statistics are made up on the spot" I am getting to the point where I don't believe anyones 'statistics' .

I have a ham radio which also picks up police frequencies in my area. I listen to it all the time and given the suspect description of the caller, they are overwhelmingly non white. And this is not just cops just stopping them, it is someone CALLING the police on the other person. So given statistics versus real life radio traffic, it is easy to see who commits the vast amount of crime. Hard to question statistics when there is live proof backing them up.

ID

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ItalianDressing

Authoritarians abusing power come in all skin colors.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing

I have a ham radio which also picks up police frequencies in my area. I listen to it all the time and given the suspect description of the caller, they are overwhelmingly non white. And this is not just cops just stopping them, it is someone CALLING the police on the other person. So given statistics versus real life radio traffic, it is easy to see who commits the vast amount of crime. Hard to question statistics when there is live proof backing them up.

ID

Your statement is loaded with bias. You probably don't see it. That's a big part of the problem.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kreatorkind

Well... "in a lot of cases" is a pretty subjective term. I'm sure it does happen occasionally. I think his larger point was that people just want to feel like they're not being unfairly targeted by police based on their race. Because when there is a lot of people feeling like they're unfairly targeted (not just being shot, pretty much any police contact that feels like harassment), it tends to lead to explosive situations like what is happening in Ferguson.

"in a lot of cases" = "occasionally" lol okay man. if that's what it means to you, cool. maybe from now on I'll start using "a lot of the time" when I'm talking about something that happens occasionally. should work out great

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

ID

Your statement is loaded with bias. You probably don't see it. That's a big part of the problem.

More deep politically correct stuff here. Thats is stating fact is now bias.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Why you should lose your job for pointing out such a racist thing -
you should be socially shunned for attempting to tell the truth, because it is too racist to speak of
gasp, truth or reality
in today's America.

Sorry, that doesn't fit the money making meme
of Al Sharpton
or Jesse Jackson
or other black leaders.

It certainly undermines Obama's memes

Therefore, the alphabet soup news agencies will not report on it,
and it is too politically incorrect to - gasp - believe -
or even contemplate as possibly true.

Truth is to be hidden in the closet, shunned, ignored, and twisted
if it doesn't fit the politically correct thinking of the day.

For shame on you, trying to point out a truth
How racist of you!

edit on 9Thu, 12 Mar 2015 09:54:19 -0500am31203amk124 by grandmakdw because: revision format

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

ID

You're joking, right?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Here's the thing about statistics - the numbers don't lie. They can't. The lie comes from how they are interpreted or presented. A simple ratio can mean a lot of things depending on what information you include with it or decide not to tell people when you report it.

If you know how to select a sample, where to select a sample, what questions to ask and how to write them, you can more or less craft the ratio you want.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Here's the thing about statistics - the numbers don't lie. They can't. The lie comes from how they are interpreted or presented. A simple ratio can mean a lot of things depending on what information you include with it or decide not to tell people when you report it.

If you know how to select a sample, where to select a sample, what questions to ask and how to write them, you can more or less craft the ratio you want.

Exactly, there ARE real numbers and probabilities, that when having been derived utilizing a whole host of research methods, do produce reasonably accurate statistics, evidence, support for a hypothesis, etc.

People who think that real statistics and research studies, following the same rules again, are not any better than some person's random opinion or lay perspectives, probably doesn't have enough statistical or scientific training.

However, the very same people can be manipulated by the unscrupulous who can misrepresent statistics or pass off bad research as good. Without the training, it is difficult to parcel out.
edit on 12-3-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join