It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large study concludes Homeopathy does not effectively treat any health condition

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped
"Magic water" haha, love it!
Aw, I do think it's cute that so many folks here believe in it though, regardless of the overwhelming majority of academics or medical professionals. But until or unless a believer can produce some research to back up their claims I shall dismiss it as magic water or the placebo effect.
The best one for me always has to be "I can't produce any research because big pharma is suppressing it, although I can't prove that either, but I still believe in homeopathy anyway" ...it's priceless, and amusing.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Homeopathy falls in the category of "natural medicine" under " natural health approach"

It doesn't use the same approach as allopathic medicine in the use of natural and synthetic medications or a mix of the two.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

It's magic water. Diluting something to the point that there's nothing of the original substance left but claiming water "remembers" it is magic.

Call it what you want but there's nothing natural about magic.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Homeopathy falls in the category of "natural medicine" undergone " natural health approach"

It doesn't use the same approach as allopathic medicine in the use of natural and synthetic medications or a mix of the two.

do you understand that the only ingredient that a person takes with homeopathy is either water or alcohol?

There is nothing else in it or part it.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

While to you may be "magic" "snake oil" or else is well practiced in Three states in the US, the states that have homeopathic licensing laws: Connecticut (1892), Arizona (1982), and Nevada (1983)

And Thirteen states license naturopathic physicians and homeopathy is included within their scope of practice. This exists in the States of Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Montana, Kansas, Minnesota, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Maine, and Washington DC.

So is all about demand and it seems that it works for some.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I use homeopathy for my cats. My Moses was having bladder infections that a vet was trying to treat but they kept coming back.
Then Moses became blocked with a stone and couldn't go at all. This was during an ice storm so I was left with what I had in my drawer. Cantharis 30c (which I use for myself when I get the occasional cold sore.) I gave that to him. After about 20 minutes he started urinating again. The neatest part? He hasn't had a blockage or a bladder infection since. That was 15 years ago. I almost feel bad about all the amoxicillin and clavomox I was giving him from the vet. They always gave him diarrhea.

My other kitty ingested bad food in 2007 during that big recall scare (it was on a recall list) She was vomiting and going bloody, liquid diarrhea. I gave her Nux Vomica 30c pellets and after a few hours she was much better. I didn't even need to take her to the vet, as Nux Vomica flushed out the poisons. But I was lucky. I was friends with a well-known vet who turned to homeopathy and became a holistic vet instead.

I believe in it. I don't expect others to but it has helped me and my cats. I take chamomilla 30c when I get stressed and it seems to help with calming me down.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

While to you may be "magic" "snake oil" or else is well practiced in Three states in the US, the states that have homeopathic licensing laws: Connecticut (1892), Arizona (1982), and Nevada (1983)

And Thirteen states license naturopathic physicians and homeopathy is included within their scope of practice. This exists in the States of Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Montana, Kansas, Minnesota, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Maine, and Washington DC.

So is all about demand and it seems that it works for some.

Yes! My friend is a holistic vet in Arizona!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Your opinion is yours but for many it does have results, or it would not be supported in the US by some states, plain and simple,just like taking a prescribe pill, it works for some for others it can give side effects and even kill them, perhaps the approach of one size fit all no always work within the medical drug industry after all.

Beside that your don't like it don't do it, bashing the homeopathy approach is not going to make it go away.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

And in some states, psychics are licenced. Doesn't make it any less bull#.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Now even acupuncture is offered for animals, for some reason the same way that humans are treated is now migrating to the veterinarian community most animal prescribed drugs are made by the same pharmaceuticals that does the human version.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Everybody is entitle to their opinion, including you, but the practice is here and is not going anywhere any time soon, at least is a choice for those that wants a choice.

Nobody is going to force you into alternative medicine.

But is a growing trend to try and force people into the establish medical procedures.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

Your opinion is yours but for many it does have results, or it would not be supported in the US by some states

Uh... Where have you been? Politicians regularly make laws that don't go along with scientific consensus.

plain and simple,just like taking a prescribe pill, it works for some for others it can give side effects and even kill them, perhaps the approach of one size fit all no always work within the medical drug industry after all.

You just described a placebo here.

Beside that your don't like it don't do it, bashing the homeopathy approach is not going to make it go away.

Bashing? Proving that homeopathy doesn't work isn't "bashing", it is just a product of scientific testing. Sometimes you get results that you don't like.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

like I say another opinion, you are entitle to them like many others, but natural medicine, homeopathy and so on are here been here and is not going anywhere, you like it or not.

Don't like it, don't use it is your choice.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Everybody is entitle to their opinion,

but not their own facts.

-Daniel Patrick Moynihan

but the practice is here and is not going anywhere any time soon, at least is a choice for those that wants a choice.

Oh, I doubt that. The UK government did a systematic review and came to the same conclusion and subsequently stopped wasting taxpayer's money on it through the NHS. I'd imagine the Australian government will do the same. The world is finally coming round to outdated 19th century quackery.

But is a growing trend to try and force people into the establish medical procedures.

Are you putting words in my mouth? Where have I "forced" anyone to do anything? I'm calling it how it is: magic water (homeopathy) is unscientific quackery. If you choose to lighten your wallet with worthless snake oil, that's your personal choice. No one's taken that away from you.
edit on 12-3-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Homeopathy being bunk isn't an opinion, it's fact. It's been proven ala the OP. You can have an opinion that this is incorrect, but that requires much denial of evidence and makes you wrong. But hey, all that matters is you have your opinion right? Who cares about being factual?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
GetHyped and Krazysh0t, I got, it, no more discussion needed, I can not compete.

You won,

I am glad America is not a dictatorship yet, because hell I see that when it comes to choices is my way or the highway.

As per opinions, because that is what is just an opinion.

I don't like it, hell I don't want anybody to like it either.

Be well and prosper

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I don't know why you are continuing with this "opinion" thing. There is no opinion about it, you are just wrong. If you want to be wrong, I'm not going to stop you. In fact, no one is stopping you. I'm not sure what you are accusing us of. You have every right to continue to be wrong with your opinion and continue to take your magic water. No one is stopping you.

It's your body, if you think you can trick it into getting healthy, more power to you. I'd rather not take placebos though. I just wonder how far your faith extends when the chips are down and you have to bet your life on if it works or not.
edit on 12-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Homeopathy falls in the category of "natural medicine" undergone " natural health approach"

do you understand that the only ingredient that a person takes with homeopathy is either water or alcohol?

There is nothing else in it or part it.

..according to our PRESENT state of science.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hmm, the believer crowd had me thinking, what if I dissolved one of my multi-vitamin pills in water then diluted it to one part per trillion, would I never need to buy another pack again for the rest of my life as the magic water will amplify the effect?
Lol, only teasing, of course that's ridiculous

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Dictatorship? Holy hyperbole, batman!

No one is taking your right to buy unscientific snake oil from you. Stopping taxpayer's money from being wasted on unscientific snake oil, however, is a completely different ball game. I'm hoping you don't need me to explain why.

As per opinions, because that is what is just an opinion.

225 scientific studies evaluated, the conclusion is that magic water, sorry, homeopathy is unscientific quackery. Your response:

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join