It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Formula 1 2015 - championship

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

This should be interesting considering the weather forecast for the race.
Max is P6 on the grid which will most likely be started in wet conditions, the question is if it will be dry in the last part of the race.
If the whole race is in wet conditions, points are certainly possible.
P6 is equal to the best qualifying result of his dad who qualified in 6th place in Spa, Belgium in 1994, also a qualifying in wet conditions.
It is quite clear that Max still has much to learn given his lack of experience, but on moments like this he really does stand out.
To bad that Sainz made a little mistake during his flying lap which meant he stranded in Q2, i think he is very talented and fast, precicely what Max needs to better himself.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

That was an exciting qualifying !

Despite Max being a really fast learner, he should be really judged after 1/3 of the season. But I`m much more impressed by Carlos as to what I was expecting, he has more experience which can be seen also and seems to be good in qualifying. It will be indeed good for Max to have some good competition next to him, Carlos has been doing probably a better job as to what Vergne would have done already.

The whole needing to deliver in one lap (several times) is totally different as what MAX was used too. Australia he missed out on it (Vettel and Raikkonen too, to some degree), but he was right on the money in the chaos in Q2, and it was also a solid Q3 with a 6th time...despite it being wet, the cars in front of him or still better cars, so he was the best already of the other cars in his league...excellent !

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So even with break problems he did 6th place, WOW !

Verstappen: 'I could have done better than sixth'

"My lap was quite good - I was still struggling with the brakes in the high-braking zones, which cost me P5 for sure. But P6, for my second qualifying, I think I can't complain."

Let`s hope they will be able to find out what it is overnight.

He still thinks the race pace will not be fantastic, so when it doesn`t rain, it will be some points at best.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Crap, what a terrible game.

Only two good assists (Narsingh) in the whole match. You would think they have learned after `88, after that they were poor (`94-`96, `00-`02, `10-`12 and `14 and now `15)...only time I have seen them do well after a good tournament was `00 after `98.

Our defenders are so poor, I can`t believe we ended up second in `10 and third in `14...although Vlaar was excellent in `14.
edit on 28 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This season's F1 is surely being dominated by the Mercedes boys but things made a rapid turn at the Hungarian Grand Prix. Sebastian Vettel had a kick start win - surpassing Hamilton and Rosber who did not even make it to the top 3 spots. This season is far from being over so let's see what happens next.. Source: www.dafabetsports.com...
edit on 4-8-2015 by JasonNorin because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2015 by JasonNorin because: edited typo error

(post by tracyg removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join