It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jagger Poisoned? The Great Crufts Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
In England we host something called Crufts. For dog lovers I imagine it is the highlight of their year. Dogs get to have their hair brushed and washed, maybe have a ribbon put in, then they are walked round to the rapturous applause of the onlooking dog loving audience. The dogs are then judged and winners are given a prize.

I know, I know... it sounds bonkers - a beauty contest for dogs. But in England we love it. There are of course other events, like the obstacle course (this has a technical name) but ultimately it is about the best of breed, the best looking dog.

This year though I'm happy to say that the innocent contest known as Crufts has entered into the modern world of corruption, like all good contests should!

CRUFTS-DOG DEBATE: WAS JAGGER POISONED?

The last week has seen Crufts, the world’s largest dog show, surrounded by a storm of controversy. Irish Setter, Jagger, died after the event, which took place on March 5th to 8th, having eaten beef that was allegedly laced with poison.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4, co-owner Jeremy Bott said ‘When the vet opened up his stomach, she found cubes of meat – some sort of beef-like steak – and they had been sewn up with poison inside.’ One of Jagger’s owners also told the BBC that the poisoning took place at Crufts.

However, the case is not clear-cut. Patrick Jans, the vet who treated Jagger, also spoke to the BBC, saying that he had ‘no idea’ when the dog was poisoned and was waiting for next week’s toxicology report, following the tests currently being carried out by Ghent University’s Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (more information here).

Jans said: ‘At this stage I don’t know what the poison was, when the dog was poisoned or whether it was poisoned at all.’

Crufts has made its own statement, saying that: ‘The Kennel Club is talking to and supporting the owner at this difficult time.’ Caroline Kisko, Kennel Club Secretary, said: ‘Allegations about dogs being poisoned at Crufts are understandably distressing to dog owners and lovers, so we must make it absolutely clear that there is currently no evidence that any dog has been poisoned at Crufts.’ (Full statement here.)

Animal lovers around the country will have to wait for the publication of next week’s toxicology report for the full story to be revealed. In the meantime, no doubt all members of the pet industry are keeping Jagger’s owners, Jeremy Bott and Dee Milligan-Bott, in their thoughts, following the tragic and unexpected loss of their much loved family member.

Source

Thought I'd throw a bit of conspiracy into the pet forum.
edit on 12-3-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Anyone who would poison an animal just to win, should be fed the same thing they gave the dog.
2nd line.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I seen this on the news and they were reporting it as a poisoning by meat.

These dog shows are getting carried away. Or at least the owners are.

It's a high competition arena and it's getting worse. I personally never watch them but I know of a few people who participate and to be honest, I don't get it.

A conspiracy in the PETS forum? Now that's a first! Muchly appreciated.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yeah I've seen some speculation on this one. Apparently it's not uncommon to sicken dogs to knock them out. Although some people are eyeballing animal activists too because the poisoned meat was left at an inopportune place to sicken the dog to knock him out of the competition and the dose wound up being lethal which isn't usually the MO of people simply trying to sabotage a competitor.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
In England we host something called Crufts. For dog lovers I imagine it is the highlight of their year. Dogs get to have their hair brushed and washed, maybe have a ribbon put in, then they are walked round to the rapturous applause of the onlooking dog loving audience. The dogs are then judged and winners are given a prize.

I know, I know... it sounds bonkers - a beauty contest for dogs. But in England we love it. There are of course other events, like the obstacle course (this has a technical name) but ultimately it is about the best of breed, the best looking dog.

This year though I'm happy to say that the innocent contest known as Crufts has entered into the modern world of corruption, like all good contests should!

CRUFTS-DOG DEBATE: WAS JAGGER POISONED?

The last week has seen Crufts, the world’s largest dog show, surrounded by a storm of controversy. Irish Setter, Jagger, died after the event, which took place on March 5th to 8th, having eaten beef that was allegedly laced with poison.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4, co-owner Jeremy Bott said ‘When the vet opened up his stomach, she found cubes of meat – some sort of beef-like steak – and they had been sewn up with poison inside.’ One of Jagger’s owners also told the BBC that the poisoning took place at Crufts.

However, the case is not clear-cut. Patrick Jans, the vet who treated Jagger, also spoke to the BBC, saying that he had ‘no idea’ when the dog was poisoned and was waiting for next week’s toxicology report, following the tests currently being carried out by Ghent University’s Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (more information here).

Jans said: ‘At this stage I don’t know what the poison was, when the dog was poisoned or whether it was poisoned at all.’

Crufts has made its own statement, saying that: ‘The Kennel Club is talking to and supporting the owner at this difficult time.’ Caroline Kisko, Kennel Club Secretary, said: ‘Allegations about dogs being poisoned at Crufts are understandably distressing to dog owners and lovers, so we must make it absolutely clear that there is currently no evidence that any dog has been poisoned at Crufts.’ (Full statement here.)

Animal lovers around the country will have to wait for the publication of next week’s toxicology report for the full story to be revealed. In the meantime, no doubt all members of the pet industry are keeping Jagger’s owners, Jeremy Bott and Dee Milligan-Bott, in their thoughts, following the tragic and unexpected loss of their much loved family member.

Source

Thought I'd throw a bit of conspiracy into the pet forum.

Hasn't there been other dogs too that may or may not been poisoned as well?

More dogs sick?

The case of the murdered canine, Jagger, could be expanding. There are new reports of more dogs having fallen sick with what appears to be poisoning, but so far only one is dead, reports CBS News correspondent Elizabeth Palmer.

The 3-year-old Irish red setter, whose real name is Satisfaction, died apparently after eating slug repellent-laced meat laced, just 24 hours after winning second place in his class in the prestigious Crufts dog show. It's a fiercely competitive event known for rivalry and back-biting.

So was it murder?

Is poisoning show dogs more common than we think?

The dog show world was turned on its head last week after Jagger, a prize-winning Irish setter from Belgium, died after allegedly being fed poisoned beef cubes at the prestigious Crufts dog show in the U.K.

Now the British Kennel Club is looking into reports that several other dogs have fallen ill since attending the same show – including a report that a shih tzu, who was also at Crufts, has died, although nothing has been confirmed.

"We are aware of these reports … it's totally unverified at the point as far as we are aware," the Kennel Club said in a statement to the BBC. The Kennel Club also told the news organization that there had never before been a confirmed poisoning case in the show's 124-year history.

According to some insiders, poisonings inside the dog show community are not as rare as you might think. In 2011, a man was accused of drugging a competitor's dog with Benedryl at a show in Illinois.

Who knew the dog eat dog world was so cut throat!?! Hopefully there was no poisoning. Was any of the dogs eating Beneful, by any chance?

top topics

join