It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lasqueti Island: An Off The Grid Community

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Probably only happens with folks who aren't going to live too long, and have no real heirs to pass on the property to (or those heirs don't want it).

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've been there and believe it or not this is NOT the only island of its type and there are many that are actually TRUE off grid locations.

Off the West Coast there are hundreds of small islands where people live off grid. This one is a "Cool Island" for the "Cool People"...you know what I mean. Much like Gabriola, Protection, Saltspring, Hornby islands used to be. Those are only for well-to-do pretenders these days.

Go further back into the straights and just around the corner out of reach of any ferries...and there you will find the Real Stuff.

Jude11

edit on 3-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Wow! I'm jealous. What a beautiful place to live and way to live. We do need to get back to around this level of energy usage. The only drawback to me it having a gazillion dogs. I have 2 myself but really, nobody should have 50 dogs, especially big dogs. Any domestic animal in such numbers will have a negative impact on the environment (fouling the creek water for instance).

Awesome stuff!

<< 1   >>

join