It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Police officers shot near Ferguson Police Department during protest

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

*Please do*
edit on 12-3-2015 by magnesiumbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
well i am of course guestimating the pistol qualification target range since i was not a commisioned officer, I worked for a living and was not assigned a pistol from the arms room as per the unit's MTOE. You do however confirm that they are qualified at short range 25 meters or yards is short range. as it you can see the targets eyeballs range. and importantly to this situation Via Versa

as to rifling: i briefly owned a Glock chambered for 40 S&W and while i owned it i broke it down a few times while familiarizing with the weapon. i do not recall any rifling and the barrel construction was laughably simple. Some are rifled. others are not.

I do not want to get into a "my weapons knowledge is better than yours" male appendage waving contest with you. the point is my knowledge on this is better than someone completely isolated from guns. and when it comes to the M16 and AR chambered in .223 or 5.56 i have 20 years of hands on knowledge. I have a lot less pistol and handgun knowledge but i have enough to make informed inferences.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Since Glock doesn't manufacture a smooth bore handgun, if whatever you owned was a smooth bore then you bought one with an after market barrel put into it by a moron.

As for the "contest," there's simply no need for it. The problem comes from you know enough to couch your "informed inferences" in cool sounding language that will cause those who know even less than you to buy into it when they shouldn't be. If you don't know much about handgunning, don't bother.

And as for your "I worked for a living" crack: officers aren't the only ones carrying handguns. I challenge you to suggest to a gunner, tanker, MP, and so on that they don't work for a living since they carry sidearms

edit on 12-3-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

www.atf.gov... ion-8

to help those who might not be so knowledgeable in the realm of fire arms

or atleast it would but the link got messed up
edit on 12-3-2015 by magnesiumbones because: bad link
please excuse this im somewhat new to posting here

edit on 12-3-2015 by magnesiumbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Since Glock doesn't manufacture a smooth bore handgun, if whatever you owned was a smooth bore then you bought one with an after market barrel put into it by a moron.

As for the "contest," there's simply no need for it. The problem comes from you know enough to couch your "informed inferences" in cool sounding language that will cause those who know even less than you to buy into it when they shouldn't be. If you don't know much about handgunning, don't bother.

And as for your "I worked for a living" crack: officers aren't the only ones carrying handguns. I challenge you to suggest to a gunner, tanker, MP, and so on that they don't work for a living since they carry sidearms

The MTOE of my units did not assign handguns to anyone but the BC and possibly the 1SG. I know other occupational fields units have different MTOEs. i am not speaking of those because they are outside my personal experience. In my own occupational field units everyone else officially had an M16A1 at the very beginning of my time in service then A2s for the bulk of my time in service then A3s briefly and then on my way out they were going to A4s.

edit on 12-3-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The way they described the injuries sounds like a. 22 rifle to me. Those bullets like to bounce around once they get inside you.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnesiumbones

www.atf.gov... ion-8

to help those who might not be so knowledgeable in the realm of fire arms

or at least it would but the link got messed up please excuse this i'm somewhat new to posting here
Stuff happens. you should have seen me trying to figure out embedding videos here.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: Skid Mark

It makes zero sense for anyone to start shooting cops, when the department is being held accountable.

What does make sense is that agent provacateurs would do so in order to take away from the progress that has begun since the report came out!

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. The timing on this is really odd! The protesters did not do this the night the darrel wilson verdict came back, why the hell would they do this now? This shooting is quite suspicious. Whatever the case is ----this is not a good look! Shooting and harming police officers should not be tolerated...just pure madness.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Curious. I thought the Navy had the vast, vast majority of A3s, if not all of them.

Also thought the Army had gone to the M4 well before the A4 made its debut.

Oh well.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

No race hustling here "slick" , I mentioned nothing about anyone's race, I mentioned events and lie's told by our president.

You on the other hand, well I have no doubt you know what you did.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Curious. I thought the Navy had the vast, vast majority of A3s, if not all of them.

Also thought the Army had gone to the M4 well before the A4 made its debut.

Oh well.
i had them (A3) at one unit for what seemed like a blink of time. i was basically a few months from PCS when they got them and then the next unit i had went from A2 to A4. I actually prefer the A2.

Funny thing is in basic i had an A1 for sure and possibly in my first unit too. ( i seem to remember us turning them in for the fielding of A2s but it was over 30 years ago so memory is hazy) then we saw them out of the active inventory i guess and went A2. so i was there from A1 to A4.

as to the M4/A4 thing (memory is hazy) when the striker teams assigned to my last line unit in Korea started getting them they were calling them M4s. by the time they were being generally issued (for instance to my radar section) i think they were calling them A4s. this latter bit was happening as i was PCSing to FT Sill into the training command. In the training command we didn't really have an individually assigned weapon. When we needed them we used the weapons pool in the 6000 area. The ones that the recruits beat the heck out of in BCT cycle after cycle. This meant we had no personally zeroed weapon while assigned as instructors or training developers or systems acquisition personnel.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I agree it sounds pretty unlikely he used a hand gun. But then maybe it was just dumb luck. Maybe he just popped off some rounds thinking he's scare people or maybe hit one guy and that is just how they went. It may not have been good shooting at all. Handguns typically hit other people in the area instead of the targets anyway most times. It would be consistent with other shootings in that sense.

Still a bit fishy though. But it could still change too, who knows.

It sure wasn't a center fire rifle! Any center fire rifle would have went right through the cops at that range. Even from the house they searched. It sounded just like a hand gun a 22LR Model to be exact given you can hear the pee shooter go by very close to the camera in the first shot yet it seemed to move away in the follow on rounds. The Cops already said the bullets were on a level trajectory so while the shooter was on the street that had a hill I don't think he was very far up it at all. The gun was moving from what I heard, not someone stationary with a rifle aimed at two guys standing beside each other. I have been shooting all my life, the shooter was pretty close to that camera, probably shooting from the corner of that building behind the camera, not 100 yards away.

I would bet it was a 22LR because it is very accurate even when shot from the building to across the street to where the cops were standing. The 22 is also very indicative of the injuries to the officers bouncing around in the one cops body and with them both being released to today one has to wonder if this wasn't a big set up to keep the fire burning and distract people even more.

The President is trying to hide his so called peace deal with Iran being talked about now so what a way to distract the media.

If it was a black person from that area he will be caught soon, cause someone will run their mouth thinking they are big crap. If someone is not found I would point to these NEW protesters showing up. The shipped in paid actors with a shooter in the mix.

Lets not forget about all those DHS SUVs being stashed in parking garages there.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
125 yard handgun shot it can be done. The area that the police where standing was very well lit so they're easy targets. I'm betting it was a couple of "lucky" hits. It's just to bad it didn't hit body armor of all the places it could of hit the shoulder and the head. But the shooter was at a higher vantage point so it makes since that this could happen. Taffin Ave is up a small hill from the police station. But still has a very clear line of site to the station.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

Sounds like someone was trying to make killing head shots really.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Soros still donates money to the organization that Acorn morphed into. What is Acorn called now...Americans for Political Reform?

The thing I want to do is not to allow an outside agitator steal righteous concerns of the people of Ferguson. No anarchists, politically driven agendas or racial hustlers.

Do you donate to organizations that don't follow your interests?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join