It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Police officers shot near Ferguson Police Department during protest

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Things seem to be developing quicker now.

From the same Fox News Source.

Hours after Belmar spoke, police swarmed a home in Ferguson four blocks west of the scene of the shooting, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Officers went in with dogs about 9:30 a.m., and a neighbor told the paper he saw police bring two men out of the home. A woman who neighbors said rents the home was also reportedly brought out in handcuffs.

We'll see what happens.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Or maybe it just proves what we were saying about these "protesters" from the very beginning: that regardless of the outcome of the indictment hearings, they were going to riot. If they found Wilson guilty, there would have been rioting because "see?! We were right, burn the place down and kill the racist police!" Or what we saw happen: Darren Wilson acted within the law and department policy and they riot because "injustice" or other such nonsense.

Given how the "protesters" acted when the decision came down, it is not a stretch to believe they did this. Past behavior indicates you are wrong.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

I agree it sounds pretty unlikely he used a hand gun. But then maybe it was just dumb luck. Maybe he just popped off some rounds thinking he's scare people or maybe hit one guy and that is just how they went. It may not have been good shooting at all. Handguns typically hit other people in the area instead of the targets anyway most times. It would be consistent with other shootings in that sense.

Still a bit fishy though. But it could still change too, who knows.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Who said they were protestors?? They weren't with the protestors at all. The protestors were peaceful, even the cops said that as did the actual protestors.

Protestors do not equal Looters or Shooters. Protestors are Protestors. Shooters are Shooters and Looters are Looters. It's important to make that distinction.

***I've been informed that Scooters are Scooters and Goobers are Goobers as well.***
edit on 12-3-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
As to the ballistics of the round the army BRM manual circa 1984 to 2004 specifically mentioned the odd nature of the round and several members of the Army BRM team use a modified zero procedure because of it. Using thier modified zero procedure took me from typically a marksman (barely qualifying) to typically expert on qualification ranges.
edit on 12-3-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

You could be correct versus the news.

My comment was only based on a news report.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: mOjOm
Acording to Fox News they have a manhunt out for the Gunman. As in One guy only.

They also say they think he used a hand gun from 125 yards away. No Rifle.

Hell of a shooter for a handgun hitting at 125 yards at night hitting 2 targets with 3 or maybe 4 shots total.

Ummm....yeah....that would be an insane shot to actually hit someone at night with a handgun. 125 yds with a pistol and actually hit the target? That sounds more like a professional shooter if true. I mean the drop at 125 years....that guy had to have been aiming more than a foot above the target and that doesn't even account for any windage.....crazy.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Not a weapons expert but I think it bears mention that the one cop was apparently shot below the right eye and the bullet lodged itself near his ear. Both of the cops have been treated and released from the hospital according to reports. I'm guessing that based on the description of the injuries that relatively speaking, it wasn't an extremely high velocity projectile.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: arjunanda
I'm calling BS on that report, No way a hand gun at 125 yards in the dark with multiple targets hit (One in the face). Yeah Right! Arjunanda a reply to: mOjOm

125 yards with a handgun... No way

Imagine two people sitting between opposite goal posts at an NFL game.
You would have to aim way above the targets head. At night? No scope?

Handgun... No Way

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Not a weapons expert but I think it bears mention that the one cop was apparently shot below the right eye and the bullet lodged itself near his ear. Both of the cops have been treated and released from the hospital according to reports. I'm guessing that based on the description of the injuries that relatively speaking, it wasn't an extremely high velocity projectile.

Perhaps a Bullet fragment, cant see how someone would be released from hospital a few hours after been shot in the face.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I would say, if it was truly a handgun, that at 125 yds, the round would not be travelling that fast anymore. It would be dropping at a fast rate, but it would be slowing down significantly at that distance.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Rifle shooting pistol ammo, like a hi-point, could do it.

www.hi-pointfirearms.com...

Hi-points are popular in "the hood."

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

it is true that a high velocity round and a clean hit would not likely end like that. it is possible a ricochette and extremely good luck by a less skilled shooter and extreme bad luck for the officer (albeit non fatal) than we suppose.

with only fragmentary information and some of it likely false its still too early to tell what it was.

i do know it was not an AR. i know it was not a bolt action.

i don't know what it was. other Semi automatic rifle? big revolver? semiautomatic handgun at improbable and spray and pray with extreme non probable effects?

the range at which you can deliberately aim a typical handgun and expect to hit is very short. but the bullet does not stop there obviously. it keeps going quite some distance getting wider and wilder off mark. which would put it down to random bad luck for the wounded. ground ricochettes semi-support this possibility.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Rifle shooting pistol ammo, like a hi-point, could do it.

www.hi-pointfirearms.com...

Hi-points are popular in "the hood."

this would make sense and is a valid possibility.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

if bullet casings were found you would imagine a revolver was not used unless they deliberately took them out so that most likely rules out the use of a revolver

that of course is if they actually found the shells
edit on 12-3-2015 by magnesiumbones because: error correction

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

originally posted by: mOjOm
Acording to Fox News they have a manhunt out for the Gunman. As in One guy only.

They also say they think he used a hand gun from 125 yards away. No Rifle.

Hell of a shooter for a handgun hitting at 125 yards at night hitting 2 targets with 3 or maybe 4 shots total.
yeah. it can be done, mind you, not with most handguns though. professional trick shooters (cowboy entertainment circuit) can do it amazingly fast and people with a large caliber scoped handgun with slow careful aim. but other than the pro trick shooters no one does it and fires that fast. if it was a handgun i would really like to know make and model and kit. i was just saying your typical handgun and typical lowlife cannot hit anything more than 40 feet away. I know for sure that Army officers qualify at no more than that with their sidearm. I am not sure but i think LEOs also don't qualify at any more than that with thier handguns either. That said:

a scoped large caliber handgun (revolver) is precise enough to be used for hunting big game. and those cowboy trick shooters shoot lots of stuff with antique revolvers or replicas at unbelievable range with unbelievable speed.

a semi automatic pistol barrel when broken down is typically a very short unrifled pipe. typically about 3 inches long. sometimes less. (thinking about my glock here) there is nothing to stabilize the round and very little tube to constrain/establish the round on the gun target line. The revolvers have a longer barrel and sometimes rifled.

There's so much wrong here im not even sure where to start.

Pistols are typically unrifled? As in smooth bore?!? Seriously?!? What the crap kind of handguns are you shooting that "typically" have no rifling? I have literally never in my life seen a modern handgun with a smooth bore, much less fired one. Including God only knows how many Glocks.

Army combat handgun quals have targets at 25 meters. Or targets up to 25 meters away. Unless my math is way off, that's a little bit over 40 feet. I wasn't in the army, so I don't know how things work there but where I shot, and shoot, we routinely shot handguns at 50 yard because why freakin not? If you can drop somebody at 50 yards that's a hell of a lot better than 3 or 7.

Your 3 inch barrel is for handguns made for concealed carry. Your standard service pistol has a 4-5 inch barrel.

I really, really have no idea what army you were in, or when you were in it. Or how you managed to spend two decades firing handguns with smooth bores.

Mind = utterly blown

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

a meter is roughly 3.28 feet which at 25 yards would be 80 feet

125 yards=400 ft

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: magnesiumbones

Yea I was being sarcastic about my math skills. They're good enough to know that 25 meters is a hair over 40 feet, as you pointed out. Thanks though

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well I think to use the words a hair over is Farr off because it's double

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: magnesiumbones

Apparently I need to start using sarcasm tags

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join