It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Richard T. Anderson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I found little Richie in a park in Eden Praire, MN about 3 days before New Years. It was around -7 degrees Fahrenheit outside at the time, and me and a couple buddies were in Richard T. Anderson park, essentially a huge hill with miles of hiking trails and amazing views over the Minnesota River Valley. We came back to our cars when I noticed a little head sticking out from under my friends car! It was a little long hair chihuahua, and this poor little guy was all wet and shivering up a storm in the dangerous weather. I wrapped him up in blankets and had my girlfriend pick him up and drive him to the Animal Humane Society where he was kept for ~2 weeks. They gave him a microchip and neutered him and I paid around $400 dollars to adopt him. He was my best friend, as chihuahuas tend to be 1 person dogs, he really loved me, and I loved him too. He would be so excited when I would come home from work, he would do little 360s and jump onto my leg with his fluffy tail just wagging so hard. I received a call from my dad today saying Richie was hit by a car and was dead. I cried for a solid 2 hours and I still cannot believe it. I'm still in shock, my heart feels like a part of it just died, and I just wanted to share my story. He was a good dog. He was an arsehole, but he was my best friend. You will always have a special place in my heart little Richie, I love you.

s1124.photobucket.com...
richie

richie

richie

richie

rich

im sorry, i dont know how to post pictures onto ATS, this is my first thread, but I did post the links to some pictures...

I just had to tell someone this tragedy, I'm just numb/ at a loss for words. He's really gone.

If someone knows how to embed picture and would do that, I would be very grateful.
edit on 11-3-2015 by stevenbond because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stevenbond I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend. It will take time , but your will heal, and the hurt will slowly dim. Most important is to remember all the fun times, in a way your best buddy will always be with you.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Thank You so much for your encouraging words. It seems so impossible that won't be barking at me to wake up tomorrow, or the next day, but I do hope time can heal this massive hole he left in my heart.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your loss

On my phone or I would be happy to embed, I can tell ya how though. Save them and the click that arrow on your bar with my ats and such and then click upload. Click the upload button, find them and then the little cloud next to it. You will see like a progress bar and when that is done it should show up to the right.
Click the photo and you will see a code for posting. Copy and paste and bam.

edit on thWed, 11 Mar 2015 22:04:00 -0500America/Chicago320150080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: stevenbond

I lost my Gidget, mini Aussie, 2 years ago and I know your sorrow, friend. She was so very much present in my everyday life, not as a pet, but as a beloved companion and best friend.
She was 13 yrs old, bless her heart, when she passed from agonizing bone cancer common to her breed. She was uncommon to her species, as I know your Richie was, and on some level of being...still is.
Your pain will lessen as mine has, but my heart belongs with my girl.

Hug to you in your grief, friend.

I am so very sorry.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Sorry to hear your buddy died. That's harsh. He sounds like a good little guy.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

i'm sorry it ended that way.But it was his time to go. You gave him love and kindness till the end,and that is what counts. Kudos to you for your love and compassion. He will wait for you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge,

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that Steven.
A canine buddy passing over is always heartbreaking...

Prayers for you both!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
So sad. I know your pain... had a little dog only once, also a stray I found. I too only managed to give her a short, happy life before she got hit by a car.

I had always had big dogs and built a fence they couldn't get through, but she squeezed through being little more than a ball of fur and went on the highway. I still feel guilty even though I didn't know she could fit through.

The important thing in life is to give love. Richie got that.

Hugs

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I'm so sorry! That breaks my heart! Poor little guy! He was lucky that you took him in can cared for him for the last months of his life... RIP Richie!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

That's a beautiful story. You did a good thing. 🐕💕

👣

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm feeling your pain. I"m very sorry for the loss of your family member.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So very sorry for your loss.

top topics

join