It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lindsey Graham: as president I would deploy the military against Congress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well that's one way to do it, lol...Let's just hope this guy isn't running for president. I'm not sure if he was being figurative, or joking around, however, that's what he said.

There's an audio clip at one of the sources inside the article.

Source

Republican senator and presidential maybe-hopeful Lindsey Graham stopped by the "politics and pies" forum in Concord, New Hampshire, today, where he announced that if he is elected president in 2016, his first act will be to deploy the military in Washington to force Congress to reverse cuts to the defense and intelligence budgets.

edit on 11-3-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
And that folks is how you ruin your own presidential bid...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I would rather deploy the military to D.C. to remove congress period, including this boot licking ass hat serving his military industrial private masters.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Thank you for eloquently phrasing my thoughts exactly.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So he would use Military Forces to dictate what Congress decides???

Isn't that premeditated treason???

Your election build up is going to be insane!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal
The moment he did that, is the moment that he is no longer President of the USA, and becomes a military dictator.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
As if too little money is spent on the MIC. Now we know where his millions are invested.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
What defense cuts, what intel cuts, is that little geek talking about? He's just making the GOP look stupid imo. with this hollow BS electioneering. STFU Lindsey, you're not helping!
edit on 11-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
Well that's one way to do it, lol...Let's just hope this guy isn't running for president. I'm not sure if he was being figurative, or joking around, however, that's what he said.

There's an audio clip at one of the sources inside the article.

Source

Republican senator and presidential maybe-hopeful Lindsey Graham stopped by the "politics and pies" forum in Concord, New Hampshire, today, where he announced that if he is elected president in 2016, his first act will be to deploy the military in Washington to force Congress to reverse cuts to the defense and intelligence budgets.

Wow. What kind of insane statement is that?

I had figured him has a bit crazy, but not this crazy.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Sounds like nutty satire.

But Graham is nutty.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like nutty satire.

But Graham is nutty.

I would never underestimate the guy. He is a loon, but he's also brilliant. He said what he said for a reason ... and I believe he'd do exactly what he said given the opportunity. -Shivers

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Lindsay Graham has just announced support for a military coup to get his way.

If he thinks the only way to get bills through Congress is with military force, he has absolutely no business running for President.

He is plotting against Congress, the very DEFINITION of TREASON. He should be sent to Guantanamo Bay.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

If I were president, I would send the military after all of them,even the president,as long as it wasn't me 'giggles'.
second line

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You have a strange view on what is satire.

We can agree he is a loon though.
edit on thWed, 11 Mar 2015 22:31:33 -0500America/Chicago320153380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Lidsey just removed himself from the GOP POTUS seeking apparatus. Thank God for small favors.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I bet he switches parties when he announces his candidacy !!

Finally a choice away from Hillary !!!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I wasn't going to vote for him anyway...

But this?????

Oh, hell no.

Even if it's satire, it's really not something one should say, or even think... He shouldn't be President, or even a Senator after that stupidity...

It's not treason, but it's headed down the path to it. I doubt the military would go along, but the very fact he'd say something like this is truly terrifying. How many others think like this?? A question that needs answering in my humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Well this guy calls for a military coup

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
So he would use Military Forces to dictate what Congress decides???

Isn't that premeditated treason???

Your election build up is going to be insane!

It seems this is more him blowing hot air out his rear and trying to score cool points with the MIC and hawkish idiots in general, than actual treason, though who knows what anymore. I am seeing congress and other big players that seem to be brazenly engaging in behavior I used to think would count as treasonous, or at least get the secret service kicking your door in and asking you a lot of questions. At least, it would if any one of us did this. But I guess if you are excessively rich, powerful, or a servant of the excessively rich and powerful, you can do whatever the hell you want.

Next election? Dude, at this point, I am hoping and praying to whatever non-existent deity you choose that a comet or meteor or the planet Niburu strikes Earth and puts us all out of our misery before we have to endure the horror of the next election. Another Bush vs. Clinton, or an even more out of touch and useless alternative? No thanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Sounds like some banana republic dictator. "I will use the military as my own personal thugs to thwart the law." Lindsey Graham Ortega.

Someone please Photoshop him into some fatigues and aviator glasses. Stogie optional.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join