It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition seeking treason charges for Iran letter hits 100,000 signatures

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I hadn't realized we were at war with Syria, and Libya when Obama was elected. I didn't realize there was a full on operation to fund and arm the LIFG & etc.. etc.. etc...

My point is, that this president has not been "Anti-War" in the least bit, and neither has the left in general. Hell the only reason we left Iraq was because Hillary couldn't beg enough to get Iraq to sign the S.O.F.A. agreement ; Otherwise we'd still have a serious presence there, as we speak.

Again, pointing at one side and calling them war-mongers, while the other side does exactly what your commenting on ; Is disingenuous.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MrAverage

Having read the Logan act, it comes down to this: Who has the Authority to speak for the USA in this negotiations? I do not believe that Senators would have that Authority at all, and it could be argued that they do not have said authority to negotiate on behalf of the USA. Now if they changed the law, giving themselves the authority it would be another story, but the language is quite clear:

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

Further when you look at the Constitution it is very clear who has the final authority: The President has the authority to do such, and the Senate is there to advice and either approve or disapprove, only in congress. The Senate is not allowed to negotiate with any country. They have overstepped their bounds and in short have violated the Logan Act. Now all that remains to be seen is the results of their meddling.

You see now if the Iranians pull out of the talks, the Republicans will have to take the blame, for this mess.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Obama said it was “close to unprecedented” that members of Congress would send a letter to Iran’s leaders carrying the message that “don't deal with our president because you can't trust him to follow through on an agreement.

this is unprecedented, of course.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

what a sad time this is.
from the president on down,none pays attention to the laws.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
a reply to: Flatfish

I agree completely. When Pelosi visited Assad against a specific directive by the whitehouse, where was the outrage?

That was bad form on Pelosi's part, but also standard play for politicians. I find it hard to believe you think McCain, Pelosi and all the other politicians who go and chat with world leaders in hopes of increasing their own credibility on the world stage or at home...is the same as...47 Republican United States Senators issuing a PUBLIC LETTER essentially saying they consider the United States President illegitimate and declaring him not a credible or valid representative of the USA.

That is effen ridiculous. It makes our whole country look bad. And that truth has nothing to do with right or left. That BS could lead to a precedent where no one takes the USA seriously for the next decade. Can you imagine a GOP President in a few years, involved in a tense negotiation with North Korea about disarming and opening their doors...and half the US Senate (Dems) issue a public letter to North Korea saying...Our Presidents word doesn't count and we are will oppose any deal he makes. WTF does this do to us on the world stage? These morons didn't mess with Pres. Obama...they messed with the USA's credibility and any President to hold office going forward. How did these morons get elected?

Tom Cotton picked apart by Army general over ‘mutinous’ Iran letter
www.washingtonpost.com...

“I would use the word mutinous,” said Eaton, whose long career includes training Iraqi forces from 2003 to 2004. He is now a senior adviser to VoteVets.org. “I do not believe these senators were trying to sell out America. I do believe they defied the chain of command in what could be construed as an illegal act.”

“I think Senator Cotton recognizes this, and he simply does not care,” Eaton went on to say. “That’s what disappoints me the most.”

And the letter gave the Iranian old hardliners this kind of meat...

Blowback Continues from Tom Cotton’s Iran Letter

Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

“Of course I am worried, because the other side is known for opacity, deceit and backstabbing,” he said. “Every time we reach a stage where the end of the negotiations is in sight, the tone of the other side, specifically the Americans, becomes harsher, coarser and tougher. This is the nature of their tricks and deceptions.”

Khamenei went on to say that the letter suggested a “decay of political ethics in the American system.”

www.thefiscaltimes.com...

Now Khamenei might have weeks or months to live...but this effen letter gives him more power/say in choosing his successor while the internal power struggle to replace him rages on behind closed doors in Iran.

So did the letter help or hinder the effort for a less threatening, open doors, nuclear free Iran?

Effen idiots..

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Wrong thread.

But what the hell...

Yeah...the dots don't connect at all.

Also, Bibi Using Congressional Address In New Campaign Ad, Just As Critics Warned

You Will Be Shocked To Know Who's Been Grooming Tehran Tom

Well maybe not shocked. Not most of you anyway.
edit on 3/13/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

My point is, that this president has not been "Anti-War" in the least bit, and neither has the left in general.

To be accurate, he has a different intervention Doctrine...less is more, in this order of need more or less:
Spec Ops, Drone, Aerial bombing, arming opposition forces. ..avoid boots on the ground.
The further along that spectrum...the greater the risk of killing folks or helping to kill folks you don't mean to.
vs.
The previous Administrations doctrine of Bomb, Invade, Occupy.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

edit on 13-3-2015 by BUCKSFiZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Yes...and the Logan Act was written and passed unanimously in 1799 by our Founding Fathers and signed into law by President John Adams ...you'd think with the declared love of all things literal written by the founding fathers that this crew of Morons would have turned themselves in to AG and pled for mercy already...rather than shrug it off.

edit on 13-3-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Funny thing about such, in times past it has been threatened, but no one pulled the trigger. There are all sorts of laws, yet, when it comes to congress, they either give them a pass or fail to prosecute. I think that the days of congress getting away with breaking the laws needs to end and they be held accountable for their actions. To show that no one is above the law.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
hmmmm, he controls the media....

There has been a lot of talk of "nationalizing the police" thanks to Ferguson....

Now he has the chance to effectively dissolve the Senate....

Interesting times to say the least...

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
As for the right wings profound terror of a Nuclear Armed Iran...I have to ask...Nuclear weapons don't kill people? Right? People kill people! And if more guns make the world a safer place...why not more nuclear weapons?

The time for a deal is now...where we can influence who is the next leader of Iran.

Exactly, mutually assured destruction between Iran and israel sounds like a plan.

Why should 'we influence' who a foreign country's leader should be? What gives you that right? You mean like Nuland et al did with the Ukraine? How wonderful that has turned out eh? No wonder why Iran doesn't trust the western powers. Let them have their own damn culture, I'm sick of this mcdonalds, starbucks, ciley myrus monoculture being forced on the world.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Man you "Emperor God-King And Grand Poobah The Great Potentate Himself Barack "The Islamic Shock" Hussein Obama" people seem to actually WANT this to happen, just so you can say "See? I was right all along!"

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

yep

and you others are ready to weep "i didn't know" as you board the trains

History repeats itself and those with blinders tend to fall the farthest and the hardest.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Man you "Emperor God-King And Grand Poobah The Great Potentate Himself Barack "The Islamic Shock" Hussein Obama"

One of the better things I have seen said on ats in a while

Double cheers for the Barack " The Islamic Shock" Hussien Obama.
Made e chuckle.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

History repeats itself and those with blinders tend to fall the farthest and the hardest.

It does, everything that is said about barry and dissolving the senate and becoming a dictator has been said about pretty much every pres.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Joke's on you, I'm in Tokyo. No matter what your favorite anti-christ contender does I'm free of the consequences.

Hell, I'm about a year away from being a naturalized Japanese citizen. So yeah. I'll make sure to tweet out my condolences for you from my cushy office job a continent away.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Indeed it has. For once, just once, I'd like a conversation about President Obama's administration to stay about his administration. I have seen one last two posts before Bush is mentioned, or Carter, or Nixon, or FDR.

President Obama surrounds himself with people that have made public comments denouncing the United States. His personal adviser promotes the islamification of America, his friend before he became President (who? never heard of him), planted nail bombs in New York and Washington D.C., he has supported the toppling of at least three neutral or pro-Western governments in the Middle East/Africa and attempted to install Muslim Brotherhood or their affiliates in power (calling it democracy then denouncing their ousting when the people rose up against them), he traded five top terrorist leaders for one deserter and then hailed the POS as a hero on national television, he has told Americans/Westerns to "get off their high horse" about ISIS because atrocities were committed during the Crusades (the same rhetoric that is used by ISIS/Iran/Al Qaeda), he ignores laws as he sees fit and injects himself into cases to stir mob mentality as well.

However, he begins his speeches with, "as a Christian" or "as an American" so he has our best interests at heart I'm sure.

It's like the movie with Rickie Bobby the race car driver. Just because you say "with all due respect" it doesn't mean you can say whatever you want after that.
edit on 13-3-2015 by 200Plus because: Talladega nights

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

For once, just once, I'd like a conversation about President Obama's administration to stay about his administration. I have seen one last two posts before Bush is mentioned, or Carter, or Nixon, or FDR.

And for once, just once, I would like this cop out not to be used.
The only people you can compare presidents to, are other presidents.
If we are going to talk actions of barry and act like he the first to do it, people are going to say well hold on, no he is not.

Your body of his actions is nothing more then right wing rhetoric with no substance.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
From same source...

The letter is turning into a bigger political spat than the Republicans’ invite to Israeli Prime Minster Benjamin Netanyahu to speak before Congress.

People need to realize that Israel controls the US senate and Israel doesn't care if US goes broke fighting wars of conquest on their behalf. Its time people started to demand that their governments serve the voters.

edit on 13 3 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join