It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition seeking treason charges for Iran letter hits 100,000 signatures

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
User Poll: By sending a letter to Iran, did Republican senators go too far?

I don't believe I've ever seen 92% on any poll. Are these dudes uniting us?

Yeah yeah I know...it's a poll. Non-scientific. Yadda yadda. But still....

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Rhiannon

edit on 12-3-2015 by Rhiannon because: because I wanted to add a line, and then I added the part to scooby-do, plus I LOVE filling out my reason explaining all the mistakes I may have made, or maybe I don't really edit my comments, but think filling out this little box is absurdley fantastic

You get a star for this

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Now that the US government has exposed its Achilles Heel, it'll be interesting to see how enemy countries take advantage of that newfound knowledge and use this weakness for their own benefit.

Yup, when your opponent sees that your infantry is not working together and is able to spot the broken link in the chain... it gives them prime opportunity to restrategize their battle positions and gain the upper hand.

Interesting times indeed.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Yep. That's the damage here, among other things. They've made us a laughingstock as well. This is what happens when people put party before country.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

heh heh ty! It's always nice to meet someone with the same sense of humor, although I still can't figure out what kind it is exactly, except that usually I'm the only one that gets it ::sigh:: but that usually adds to my mirth.

Cheers and a star for you too! Still don't know what they're for, but stars are always a nice symbol in my mind, it's kinda like passing out flowers and a smile.

And thanks for not pointing out I spelled absurdly wrong ; ) Bait for the spelling nazi's lol

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Makes you wonder if any of these rogue politicians aren't already making backdoor deals with enemies abroad just for the sole purpose of 'sticking it to the man' because they hate his guts so much.

If I were the enemy, you better believe I'd be jumping at the opportunity to reel the fishies in for my own advantage.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

These people, the neocons and their ilk, have so heavily invested us and themselves in the ME oil,/water/gas pipelines to Asia that if we lose the ME we're FUBAR economically. That's the short of it. Russia was in Afghanistan for the same reason.

Iran Nukes? Thank Neocons

Kind of prescient...

The Neocons’ Project for the New American Century: “American World Leadership” – Syria next to Pay the Price?

Neocons never stop...

last from the Past: PNAC's 1998 Letter to Clinton

edit on 3/12/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: Daedal

If so, add Pelosi to the charges of Treason! Yes, little "General Pelosi", as she was called with affection back in 2007 when she flew (no, not on her broom as one would understandably assume) to Damascus in her official as Madame Speaker, and delivered a highly politically partisan speech
and met with Bashar al-Assad of Syria. Same motivation. Same question of the Logan Act.

Well, well, well...!

Now charge her with Treason and the others who went with!

General Pelosi in Damascus 2007

That doesn't count...She's a liberal...And it doesn't count that John Kerry did the same thing and worse with the N. Vietnamese during that war...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Damn, already up to 223,014.

Yup.. all signatures have Mexican sounding names...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Even if nothing ends up happening to the Senators (which there won't be, aside from some mild polito-wrist slapping), I agree this is treasonous. The people do not want this. You are put there to represent those people and their interests. You have undone so much work and put the world THAT much closer to blowing ourselves up because it doesn't serve YOUR interests.

At the VERY least, this may show the Iranians that the American people (well, at least 160k of us) want peace, to end this rivalry, and that we do NOT support the views of the Senators.

For whatever that's worth, anyway. I can only hope that SOMETHING good comes out of this.
edit on 3/12/2015 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ensinger23

Considering the Senate represents the states and not the individual your claim about the people not wanting this is a bit off.

What's treasonous is a President willfully disregarding the Constitution and dismissing its checks and balances to ensure the president is not doing anything illegal, which he currently is. Refusing to brief Congress on what the agreement entails is also treasonous. Finally, considering there are sanctions placed on Iran, any agreement Obama makes must be signed off on by congress because of that fact.

One must ask themselves - If this agreement / treaty / whatever is good, then why try and hide it from people? The only conclusion I come to is the agreement / treaty / whatever does not come close to doing whats being claimed. Since there is a 10 year clause built in this is not a solution to the problem, just a decade long delay.

This is nothing more than Obama trying to legacy build to try and cover up his scandals and ineffective and non existent leadership.

The refusal of Obama to brief Congress smacks of the same BS Pelosi gave for Obamacare....

If you want to see whats in the bill you must vote to pass it first.

We all know how well that worked out..
edit on 12-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Huh?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Makes you wonder if any of these rogue politicians aren't already making backdoor deals with enemies abroad just for the sole purpose of 'sticking it to the man' because they hate his guts so much.

If I were the enemy, you better believe I'd be jumping at the opportunity to reel the fishies in for my own advantage.

Well, there was the story a few weeks ago here about the pentagon having such little faith in Hillary while she was Secretary of State that they went behind her back and conducted their own foreign policy.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Listen to Dick Cheney in this clip. He knows.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Huh?

A reference to the absurdity of people thinking this is a treasonous action.

The refusal of Obama to brief Congress smacks of the same BS Pelosi gave for Obamacare....

If you want to see whats in the bill you must vote to pass it first.

We all know how well that worked out..
edit on 12-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It may not be treason but it sure isn't right. This is some serious undermining of our country, and then some.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
At least one of the senators may be in hot water for real. Dunno how true this is but something to watch.

It is a privilege to serve in the US military. With that privilege comes obligations. Following military law is one of them. When Lt. Col. Joni Ernst signed the seditious letter to Iran, she broke a serious law.

Lt. Col. Joni Ernst, the junior senator from Iowa, is a lieutenant colonel in the Iowa Army National Guard. As such, she is bound by the Iowa State Code of Military Justice. Her signing of the seditious letter to Iran is a clear and direct violation of Chapter 29B.85 of the Iowa State Code of Military Justice.

29B.85 CONTEMPT TOWARD OFFICIALS.
Any person subject to this code who uses contemptuous words against the president, the governor, or the governor of any other state, territory, commonwealth, or possession in which that person may be serving, shall be punished as a court-martial may direct. www.dailykos.com...]

And in my opinion all 47 are scum for telling the world our country cannot be trusted. Despicable.

edit on 3/12/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

In Burnet v. Brooks, 288 U.S. 378, 396, we said,

As a nation with all the attributes of sovereignty, the United States is vested with all the powers of government necessary to maintain an effective control of international relations.

Cf. Carter v. Carter Coal Co., supra, p. 295. [p319]

Not only, as we have shown, is the federal power over external affairs in origin and essential character different from that over internal affairs, but participation in the exercise of the power is significantly limited. In this vast external realm, with its important, complicated, delicate and manifold problems, the President alone has the power to speak or listen as a representative of the nation. He makes treaties with the advice and consent of the Senate; but he alone negotiates. Into the field of negotiation the Senate cannot intrude, and Congress itself is powerless to invade it. As Marshall said in his great argument of March 7, 1800, in the House of Representatives, "The President is the sole organ of the nation in its external relations, and its sole representative with foreign nations." Annals, 6th Cong., col. 613. The Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, at a very early day in our history (February 15, 1816), reported to the Senate, among other things, as follows:

The President is the constitutional representative of the United States with regard to foreign nations. He manages our concerns with foreign nations, and must necessarily be most competent to determine when, how, and upon what subjects negotiation may be urged with the greatest prospect of success. For his conduct, he is responsible to the Constitution. The committee consider this responsibility the surest pledge for the faithful discharge of his duty. They think the interference of the Senate in the direction of foreign negotiations calculated to diminish that responsibility, and thereby to impair the best security for the national safety. The nature of transactions with foreign nations, moreover, requires caution and unity of design, and their success frequently depends on secrecy and dispatch. www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I don't see anything coming of this petition. Smells like ... political tit-for-tat. Congress is simply showing the President that 'doing the other guy's job' ... works both ways.

As for the LTC running aground ... What's the worst that's gonna happen? She resigns her commission? I'll give you this though: wrong is wrong.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I think everyone in the government has committed their fair share of treasonous acts. What's more treasonous; Obama meeting in secret with a foreign power and negotiating a deal we have little knowledge about? Or members of the legislative branch attempting to undermine said deal?

Both seem treasonous to me. I doubt anyone will get tried for these acts though.
edit on 12-3-2015 by asmall89 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join