It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuxnet leak probe stalls for fear of confirming US-Israel involvement

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

A criminal leak investigation into a top military official has stalled out of concern it could force US officials to confirm joint US-Israeli involvement behind the Stuxnet worm that targeted Iran's nuclear program, according to a media report published Wednesday.

Federal prosecutors have been investigating whether retired Marine Gen. James E. "Hoss" Cartwright leaked highly sensitive information to New York Times reporter David Sanger. A 2012 book and article authored by Sanger said Stuxnet was among the crowning achievements of "Olympic Games," a covert program jointly pursued by the US and Israel to curb Iran's attempts to obtain nuclear weapons.

Stuxnet leak probe stalls for fear of confirming US-Israel involvement

The US wants to pursue charges against the general for leaking classified information to a book author (Sanger), yet they can't because it would mean revealing the suspicions are true that the US and Israel created Stuxnet and unleashed on multiple countries.

What a conundrum.

According to an article published Wednesday by The Washington Post, the probe into Cartwright's suspected leak to Sanger is generating tension between national security concerns and the Obama administration's desire to hold high-ranking officials accountable to disclosing classified information.

More at the Washington Post

Looks like General Cartwright got one over on the military, they can't prosecute him without revealing too much. Meanwhile the United States continues to look like a bunch of goons to the rest of the world.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It is sad watching the US reduce itself down to Israel's level.

Good move on the general.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You can't press charges for it would reveal a joint cooperation with Israel and the US, hold on while I put on my surprised face.....wait for it......wait for it....seriously though, just wait...
Eh, I lost it. *shrugs*

Seriously though, imagine a country like Syria and say.....Iran created a virus to attack US infrastructure. How do you think that would end?

perhaps we'd consider that a provocation...

So someone creates a nasty self replicating virus that is designed to infect foreign industrial computers/machines to cripple them, specifically nuclear power plants. Said virus does its job all too well and spreads into unintended western targets. (Am I remembering this right so far?) from what I remember it was anti-virus Symantec who discovered it and remarked at its high level of sophistication. So well in fact it might as well have been the equivalent of the 911 Anthrax letters sent to congress critters courtesy of the Fort Detrieck bio defense center.....Err, I mean Packastani caves by Osama Bin Laden.

Orwell eat your #ing heart out.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It is things like this that makes the MSM narrative on Iran so laughable in my worldview.

This country has been the victim of subterfuge going back to the 1953 coup!

Stuxnet is an act of war it is that simple. There have been many of them over the past 75 years, the patience shown by this country is commendable indeed!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This would seem to be only common sense, like who else would of done it, North Korea, Russia, China, Canada, maybe Iceland.

Maybe they did it to their self.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
It is things like this that makes the MSM narrative on Iran so laughable in my worldview.

This country has been the victim of subterfuge going back to the 1953 coup!

Stuxnet is an act of war it is that simple. There have been many of them over the past 75 years, the patience shown by this country is commendable indeed!

The reason Iran has so much restraint:

it isn't restraint when you don't fight back against the 300lb 20 year old in your third grade class.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Considering that they have Russia and China behind them I shall continue to consider it restraint. As we all know there is a intricate game of chess going on and to think that we are all powerful is the height of hubris in my book.

Eventually that bully steps over his bounds and ends up with his victims ganging up on him and teaching him a lesson he does not forget!!

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmWednesday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Considering that they have Russia and China behind them I shall continue to consider it restraint. As we all know there is a intricate game of chess going on and to think that we are all powerful is the height of hubris in my book.

Eventually that bully steps over his bounds and ends up with his victims ganging up on him and teaching him a lesson he does not forget!!

Iran has two bishops and a rook at best. The west controls center board. Restraint is the only offense here.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It was pretty damn obvious right from the beginning that Stuxnet was a US-Israel brain child. Security experts were reaching that conclusion only days after analyzing the Stuxnet source code. And besides that, who else has enough motive to destroy Iranian nuclear facilities apart from the US and Israel? The US and Israel are relentless in their efforts to make Iran roll back their nuclear development, but Iran never wants to play ball, so they place all sorts of ridiculous sanctions on Iran in an effort to subdue them, but that doesn't seem to work very well either. It's only natural to assume they would try a different approach if the other approaches weren't working, and their genius plan was to create a virus which would cause Iran's nuclear reactors to melt down. I don't even know why the US would try to deny it, by stalling this probe they just look even more guilty.

edit on 12/3/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Iran does not have Russia and China on it's side.......Leprechauns would be riding unicorns on rainbows first.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Really!?

Well you might want to start checking those rainbows, I believe there are colonies of Leprechauns sliding around them for you too see!

I believe they are a proxy in the neverending East vs West game, but that is simply my view!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

hold high-ranking officials accountable

one of the funniest things I've heard in a while...

Hear Hear !!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Its a shame that some countries have such hard-core elements in their core personality with the ability to hate so much it puts the rest of the world at risk. That hatred manifests even over those who live there who bear no grudges despite internal problems that may affect their lives.

The USA although never truly a team player, at least once played on the side of its own people but today its been infiltrated - as indeed has the UK and parts of Europe - by a sinister hatred which wouldn't be able to see itself for what it is if it sat in front of a mirror all day long because its so utterly self absorbed.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
You can't press charges for it would reveal a joint cooperation with Israel and the US, hold on while I put on my surprised face.....wait for it......wait for it....seriously though, just wait...
Eh, I lost it. *shrugs*

Seriously though, imagine a country like Syria and say.....Iran created a virus to attack US infrastructure. How do you think that would end?

perhaps we'd consider that a provocation...

So someone creates a nasty self replicating virus that is designed to infect foreign industrial computers/machines to cripple them, specifically nuclear power plants. Said virus does its job all too well and spreads into unintended western targets. (Am I remembering this right so far?) from what I remember it was anti-virus Symantec who discovered it and remarked at its high level of sophistication. So well in fact it might as well have been the equivalent of the 911 Anthrax letters sent to congress critters courtesy of the Fort Detrieck bio defense center.....Err, I mean Packastani caves by Osama Bin Laden.

Orwell eat your #ing heart out.

Wonderful post, Applause to you and thanks for posting what we all know or suspect.
Star

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This whole thing anyhow, just think about it, Iran, Syria, neither one of them have central bank, the Rothschild's will not have that.

Everyone in the world need to watch this video. www.youtube.com...

We all have been duped.

The Rothschild's were behind Israel becoming a country, not for the Jew's sake, they don't care about the Jew's, it was about oil, they needed a stable platform, to control oil in middle east.

There really is the illuminate. The Rothschild's own the MSN, they bought Reuthers back in the 1800s and the Associated Press.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OOOOOO
This whole thing anyhow, just think about it, Iran, Syria, neither one of them have central bank, the Rothschild's will not have that.

[Cough]....

Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran

Central Bank of Syria

[/cough]....

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Im a lurker dont mind me

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

It is likely worse than we will ever know if half of what I link here is true.

Stuxnet and Fukushima

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

hold high-ranking officials accountable

one of the funniest things I've heard in a while...

Hear Hear !!!!

As Orwell said "some are more equal then others", LOL....

top topics

join