It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking - I'm Over It - Now What?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Drinking - I'm Over It - Now What?

Chocolate. Seriously.

People tend to socialize over two things - booze and food. Most of the time when people get together, one or both of those things will be there. Not to partake when others are is awkward. Like me - I can't drink alcohol and I can't eat what everyone else eats. I have a very restricted autoimmune diet. So get togethers with others is awkward for us all. Now a days I just don't get together with people. No one wants to be sitting at a table eating great food and drinking alcohol, and then have me sitting at the same table not able to eat staring at them with nothing to say or do.

Anyways, what is next? FOOD.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Big fan of chocolate. And cooking, and food.
I'm a vegetarian, so not too restricted, but enough - I'm always tired of my staples so trying to invent new stuff.
My mom is a macrobiotic chef, she used to cater for John Denver when he played in town.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: KAOStheory
Hi, I'm KAOStheory, I'm 44 years old, and I am not an alcoholic.

Nor do I want to become one.

I over-drank in high-school and college on occasion, but then not really much at all until my early '30's.
Then, I went hard. Then I stopped. Back and forth. Sometimes stopping months on end.
Sometimes binging. Sometimes just normal consumption.

In the years when I didn't really drink much (as in 2-3 Guinness and I'm done,) I would be what most would consider anti-social, or say I suffered from SAD. See, I live in Chicago. We're a drinkin' town.

And tonight, I don't want to drink. I do want to do something - with friends. I can think of about 3 I could call and one just moved out of state. And I don't want to drink tomorrow, or the next night either. I want to quit for a while and focus on my business.
I'm not an alcoholic and I don't want to go to AA. Sure, I could benefit I don't doubt it, but what I don't want to do is have to listen to the severe horror stories - I see and hear those around me every day and don't need more.

One is my roommate and I love and care about her but I can't be around the crazy drunky face party at 2am when she gets home from the bar she works at. She's annoying and I'm tired and when I try to sleep she keeps me awake all night pissed off that I won't party with her. Not trying to tell anyone else how to live, I get it. I've worked in bars, I still do a couple nights a week. But I don't drink if I don't want to. It's not impossible - one of our bartenders is a recovering alcoholic and has no problem working there.

It's not SAD or being anti-social, I just don't want to be around a bunch of drunken asses when I'm sober. It's annoying. You can't converse on the same level. I know sooo many people who admit that they "can't open up" without a few drinks, let alone be intimate?! That seems like a serious issue. I couldn't date someone who could only have drunk sex. Weird.

What's the deal ATS? Is the whole world drunk - and worse? I know most of my friends do other substances I'm not fond of as well.
I'm about 10 years older than most of my friends, do I just need new ones? Where do I find them without having to talk about God or play checkers in the park?
I just need to go to bed at a decent hour and wake up in the morning with a clear mind, functioning memory, and healthy body.
I'm not ready for the retirement home quite yet, but I'm not a young crazy party animal anymore either.

Anyone else experiencing a similar situation or has in the past?

Thanks for reading.

Dude, I hear you.

I am in literally in the same boat on many things you brought up.

I have drank hard in the past at various points, and others not. I have also been deep in the party scene when i was younger, from raves to your garden variety happy hours.

However, it' s just not as appealing or fun anymore. I'm still drinking. But as the novelty gets less and less cool, and the same old happens at parties and bars, and the negative effects are there, my cost benefit analysis is changing.

Also, yes, something I have considered a lot recently is that we legitimately live in a widespread drug culture. By drug culture I mean including alcohol, prescription drugs, and illegal drugs. But even just with alcohol, there are bars and liquor stores EVERYWHERE.

Almost everyone I know is always going out for drinks, or having happy hours, or you name it. Not only that, but I work in public policy and development work, and everyone too is always having alcohol-filled happy hours and networking events.

It is actually challenging as you say to not drink under these circumstances (not impossible). Even just from a professional perspective.

Having said all that, there endless non-alcohol based activities and lots of people who do not want to focus their lives on that. Try a sport, or hiking club, or any other social activity that is fun.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Get back into things you liked to do before you started drinking, even if it has to be activities you did when you were just a kid. Build models, ride a bicycle, fly a kite, whatever. Do things you enjoy that never had an association with drinking and getting drunk.

Go to parties with your friends if you want, but it will be hard to avoid drinking in those situations and at first the vibe will be different for you when you see how really stupid they act when they get a buzz on and you don't.

Socializing with other straight people can be a drag at first as well. Eventually you will feel better about being sober and can handle all social situations without a beer, but whatever you do, just do something that you like to do that has no previous connection to drinking.

Of course, if you always had a beer when you were doing most recreational activities, that might be difficult to do. Anyway good luck, you'll do fine after about a month after you disconnect drinking from your normal fun time.

This. I agree that it is absolutely essential to decouple one's recreational life from just alcohol based fun.

And, if one wants to decrease drinking they might need to find activities that don't revolve around it and some friends who don't want to just do that.

This can be a clincher, and difficult, because heavily reducing one's drinking or partying can really show one which friendships have other connection and longevity outside of partying versus those who were purely drinking partners.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

It might be a good idea to replace the anti-parasitic effects your drinking habits were giving you.

You will feel less healthy if you stop drinking completely until you find a replacement anti-parsitic to use.

There are lots of natural anti-parasitics,I suggest Dr.Hulda Clarks methods be investigated as they seem interesting.

Alcohol is very dangerous for some as it provides such a consistant anti-parasitic effect that as soon as the hooch is cut off and the parasites bloom you feel out of sorts,then when you drink you immediatly feel better...PLUS...you get a buzz.

There is a lot more to alcoholism than the buzz....there is an even more powerfull demand from the body to keep the parasites away especially since constant boozing makes the body 100% dependant on fighting parasites with alcohol.

It is exctly 51% easier to stop alcohol no matter how many years you have drank it ,just replace and increase the anti-paasitic impacts immediatly when you go cold-turkey.

Good luck with you journeys.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

So true, you will find which friendships are the most solid when you stop making booze the focus of relationships. Being there for friends that need your help will show you right away.

My GF and I went and visited a couple we are friends with and invited them to dinner the next day, they were all into the idea and were going to have dinner with us until another partying couple invited them over and had beer to offer in the mix. So, of course we got the last minute excuses for not coming over. They are having money issues and can't afford having beer around their place, so if the offer includes some beer and partying, a plain old meal isn't going to cut it with them. This goes with any codependent type relationship, just a good meal and socializing isn't enough when you don't offer whatever it is they really want, be it beer, Mary Jane, a ride into work, a small "loan" or a pack of smokes, etc.

There are some in this circle that are changing their ways and beginning to see that, some are getting back to church even. It's unfortunate that many times this includes cutting off long standing relationships that don't fit the new life they are seeking. Often the church goer types will get that holier than thou attitude when they get excepted into that new circle, that will get you cut off when you've cleaned up your act, but don't do the church deal.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
People socialize with fitness too. There are all sorts of athletic clubs from running to biking to walking. There's yoga, aerobics. Join a fitness club,

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
True - and I do yoga, and meditate, almost daily - but not in groups.
I'm empathic for one, and two, I have Marfan's Syndrome and I'm just not built like everyone else - disproportionate.
I prefer to do that stuff at my own pace, in privacy.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Also, yes, something I have considered a lot recently is that we legitimately live in a widespread drug culture. By drug culture I mean including alcohol, prescription drugs, and illegal drugs. But even just with alcohol, there are bars and liquor stores EVERYWHERE.

I've always said, the War on Drugs should start at the drug store.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

It might be a good idea to replace the anti-parasitic effects your drinking habits were giving you.

Thanks and I will look into that.
I don't think I need it - I don't really have a problem quitting - and I'm not quitting, either.
I had a few glasses of wine the other nite. However, I'm sure it couldn't hurt, and if it helps, I'll certainly recommend it to friends who are trying to at least cut back, if not those who have quit entirely.
Is it safe for pregnant women? I have a friend who quit about a year ago, and just got pregnant, but she does still have a hard time being in a bar-restaurant with family, etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Please ask your pregnant friend to always consult with her OBE or Dr. before making any major changes in her diet or food intake,everyone should do this.Any remedial health decisions should be made in consultation with a Dr. of some type as there are processes which we go through that paralell post-anti-biotic process,when we kill bad things inside our bodies we need to support our bodies in the evacuation process which will pass toxins out of us after we have cleaned the parasitic populations. The paralell of "sweating out the booze" the day after you overdo it fits loosely,your body needs to get the bad stuff out.If you have a large population which needs to be remediated you need to consider the pressure which your evacuation processes will suddenly be under and how those processes must be supported.Close consultation with you Dr will allow them to explain how to help support your body as it deals with cleaning out the post-remedy toxins in the proper manner.

I would suggest researching the late and respected humanitarian Dr.Hulda Clark,a Canadian woman who gifted the world with her investigative and logical insights.Dr.Clark has offered anti-parasitic protocals for people of all ages and conditions and they do differ,there are many different people offering personal testimonials of remedial natural parasitic foods.Many things offer relief from problematic parasitic over-populations,from Native North American Indians Sweat Lodges and to helpfull Mushrooms and other natural plant-based foods,to Camel milk from specific Camels,to moderate alcohol use and many many more.

There is an external AND an internal chain of events which lead to parasitic health issues,the external one says the parasites are in and on the foods we all eat,the parasites are of many types and differ according to geographical locations naturally,the areas we encounter specific types of parasites ALSO support anti-parasitic plants which are remedial.So externally we can see that if you live in one area your entire life and you eat a wide variety of natural and LOCAL foods you will NATURALLY have a BALANCE in your bodily pocesses becuse you will be constantly and consistantly policing the specific parasites you intake daily,this will greatly improve your health and longevity.

Internlly the chain of events begins with the ingestion or introduction of the parasites,I think of the multiple types of parasites we normally carry as "buses" and modes of transport for bacteria and viruses.The parasite is normal and natural and we as living creatures ALL co-exist symbioticlly with them, if the parasites were sterilised and did not carry or facillitate bacteria on them which in turn carry or facillitate viruses then we would not need to be so vigilant in policing them.So I see it as the parasites being the "bus" or transportation system that carries bacterial and viral enemies throughout our entire body.

When one relieves a parasitic over-population IMMEDIATE impacts are realised,both physical and psycolocical,you feel better within minutes to hours then go through the process of evcuating the toxins left behind after the purging.

Imagine having the natural and daily anti-parasitic effect of alcohol keeping populations of the majority of types of parasites in check,this is not a bad thing,then imagine losing this support suddenly.....your body would be like a Frat Party to all parasites,you would feel like you hit a brick wall both physiclly then in a reciprocal action psycologiclly.

If we quantify alcohols "addictive" properties as being in essence OUR OWN BODIES DEMAND FOR ANTI-PARASITIC RELIEF...which would be our bodies HIGHEST PRIORITY...then we can view the entire dynamic differently.We can see how and why it is so difficult to self-diagnose when we are drinking to much alcohol....even though we get sick our bodies---minds....do NOT send an all-stop message because this is OVER-RIDDEN by the bodies recognition of the #1 priority anti-parasitic component ,we simply pause then re-route back to party-time with the overall body and mind impressions being that this is an over-ridingly GOOD THING.This is how we fool our bodies into allowing us to drink ourselves to death willingly in my opinion.

The mind-body relationship is such that specifc parasites can make us behave like marrionettes by constantly attacking the body in certain areas and then taking advantage of the neuro-specific micro-reactions they create,they make the body weak which in turn makes the mind weak,specific parasites effect specific body parts and pocesses and also specific brain parts and process---which means EMOTIONS are artificially stimulated paralell to the brain and body being impacted.

So now we not only have the PHYSICAL "good" of anti-parasitic action encouraging our minds to endorse them,this is VERY REAL AND TANGIBLE dynamic and it is functional and not really emotion based,this would come from non-brain related impacts,we would "want" or "crave" the anti-parasitic intake.BUT-BUT-BUT...if we consider that MANY diffeent types of parasites dictated by the geographical origin of our FOODS are constantly attacking us internally as a natural process then we must say our bodies are being overloaded with data messages,the larger number of VARIETYS of parasites we carry the MORE bandwidth they take up on our neuro-network.The impacts are exponential.With every specific type of parasite inciting a "panic" message when it sets up shop that forces our immune system to enter a battle with it,then in a reciprocal action when we intake an anti-parasitic this exact area of our body...each one independantly...sends the same "it good" message but on its own data channel. If we eat a wide diet of anti-parasitic foods grown locally AT THE SAME time as we eat the foods carrying the parasites and eggs we encounter a BALANCE or a Mexican-Standoff.BUT-BUT-BUT if we eat many types of foods from many different geographical areas WITHOUT following up with the local remedial plants............we begin to encounter PARASITIC OVERPOPULATIONS ..specific types in specific areas with NO CONTROLS IN PLACE TO POLICE THEM.The natural anit-parasitic foods in your local area you may regularly eat MAY NOT remediate parasites originating in a different geographical area.

Now we might see that IF we find ONE specific natural intake a food OR alcohol which can remediate a large number of BUT NOT ALL...of the parasites within you.....your body will tell your mind to "like it" because so many con-current micro-messages of "its good" will be sent at once.This large volume of "its good" messages creates a short-circuit or a "back-door" for these messages to be converted to a quasi-EMOTIONAL message....one which can carry and create emotional level impacts. The body eventully cannot tell the difference between the "its good" messages its getting from everywhere at once catalysed by the bodies recognition and connection to anti-prasitic actions and an "i love it" messge which would catalyse in a very different non-physical way naturally.So in the end we end up defending alcohol with emotionl intentions because we have been "tricked" into thinking a physical reaction-counterreaction neuro-message is emotionlly catalysed.We love alcohol more than life even if it is killing us becuase we "think" we NEED IT TO HAVE LIFE.Unless we provide our bodies with a replcement or replcements for these anti-parasitic impacts we cannot ever break the love-affair with alcohol up,never,because it is a primal need to defend against parasites which is being hi-jacked to make us feel like we love alcohol more than our own lives or the people we love.As they say"its just a trick".

I would like to offer a big thank you to WCB in Canada who via their SOP processes have gifted me with poverty and time,the two most important ingredients to sucessfull inquisition. Without their help I could never have found the time or motivation to learn and share my own experiences.

It is easy to support non-drinking habits if you can give your body something
equally or more anti-parasitic consistantly,your body will literally "fall in love with" the cures you provide it with.On its own.

The alcohol industry is founded on its positive anti-parasitic effects which ultimately snowball into something very different and create very sick people,this industry is HUGE component of WCBs mother-entity,so to remediate one remediates all.

The single BIGGEST selling point of alcohol is its anti-parasitic effect and this leads them down the path of opportunity to self-destruct ,the single BIGGEST way to get people to stop drinking alcohol globally is to introduce them to better anti-parasitic opportunities.....ones which cannot kill them.

I personally qiit drinking cold turkey after several decades,there is NO BIG PAYOFF other than you have remediated a poor decision...which was to drink in the first place...the tricky part is coming to terms with WHY you made this original decision,when you understand that there was a power greater than you personal will power...a NATURL INSTINCTIVE power which originates from parasite relief then evolves into something more complicated ....you begin to understand that you were fighting the wrong battles while you were a drinker......that it wasnt some weakness or flaw in your personal powers of self-management which catalysed the drinking you involved yourself in,that you are your own greatest power when it comes to stopping because it is PHYSICAL action/reaction .

Remove the mysticism and add some practical observations then combine those with the personal accounts you read and you will inevitable form your own conclusions surrounding alcohol and its actions and impacts both physiclly and phisiologiclly.

If you have no other available source of anti-parasitic relief then alcohol in a Dr. managed relief program would be beneficial,the volume of alcohol required to gain positive impact in terms of parasite mnagement is reltively small,it runs concurrent with " a glass of wine a day" is good for you,it may very well be the tannins in the wine because they may help the alcohol kill the parasites we carry in that moment.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

So true, you will find which friendships are the most solid when you stop making booze the focus of relationships. Being there for friends that need your help will show you right away.

My GF and I went and visited a couple we are friends with and invited them to dinner the next day, they were all into the idea and were going to have dinner with us until another partying couple invited them over and had beer to offer in the mix. So, of course we got the last minute excuses for not coming over. They are having money issues and can't afford having beer around their place, so if the offer includes some beer and partying, a plain old meal isn't going to cut it with them. This goes with any codependent type relationship, just a good meal and socializing isn't enough when you don't offer whatever it is they really want, be it beer, Mary Jane, a ride into work, a small "loan" or a pack of smokes, etc.

There are some in this circle that are changing their ways and beginning to see that, some are getting back to church even. It's unfortunate that many times this includes cutting off long standing relationships that don't fit the new life they are seeking. Often the church goer types will get that holier than thou attitude when they get excepted into that new circle, that will get you cut off when you've cleaned up your act, but don't do the church deal.

I totally hear you on that one man.

I have experienced the whole range of what you are describing.

It can get deeper than that too. As I get older (in my 30's), I have not only much more awareness of what real friends are but also less patience for relationships that are one way streets, i.e. I go out of my way for them but not vice versa. If someone every single time can't be bothered to show up when they suddenly have some last minute "better plan," then I can't be bothered either.

I also get what you mean that often people who begin to "clean up" or get spiritual can go to the other extreme, perhaps cutting off too many friendships even if the friends really are mutually supporting or those friends are still partying. I know lots of good people who are amazing but just happen to party sometimes.

I think though that the roots of that extremism lie in the fact that many people have great difficulty leaving behind partying or substances, and feel that they quite simply can't do it unless it is a clean break: friends, new places, etc. That is what makes it so hard to actually clean up for many.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
An overdose means having too much of a drug for your body to be able to cope with. The amount of alcohol in the blood of someone continues to rise, even if they do not drink. This is because alcohol in the digestive system carries out is absorbed into the bloodstream. Too much alcohol in the blood stops the body working properly.

(post by sumitraj removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join