It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Ive watched various median programmes, Where theres a big audience and they say a name etc etc i take it youve all seen them i cant really imagine that could be true these guys will be getting paid a hell of a lot and there not doing anything with the atmosphere in the room i would also it would be highly impossible to get in touch with spirits but they can just say im hearing a M, Out of like 100 - 200 people one of them will of last someone relating to an M like there name 2nd name, etc, But then they dont even go in to detail, They just say 'he would like to say sorry', What are your views on this do you think these people are doing the truth or are they frauds?

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I don't think a real medium would be in it for the money. Maybe I'm wrong, which is likely, but if I were a medium, I would be helping other people free gratis. That would be my call in life. Most of us would have a real job to support our way of lifestyle, and wouldn't go public with their ability. This would cause too much chaos in their life's.

In the end, I believe it is an act of true deception.

just my thoughts,
b56

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Obviously, they are complete frauds. If they were not fraudulent, they would not ask if there is an "m" in the audience, they would instead walk right up to someone, say "Mrs. Karen Smith, your deceased mother, Janice, says that the banana accident was not your fault, it was the fault of the forklift operator who fueled his propane tank too full. Your mother says she is very happy now as she is with your previously deceased father, Joe Smith, who died in a nasty incident involving some cordless headphones, and a remote car starter...". If the medium STATED this, and not asked if there is a "m" in the audience, I would be able to believe a little better...

IMO, these mediums are very good "psychologists". They have an ability to read people, and at the same time (after lot's of training), know what type of "leading" questions to ask to pry information out that is "read between the lines" so to speak. With this, they can ask other appropriate leading questions to get out more info that seems revelating. Then top off the short conversation with a "the dead are happy, they want you to be happy" statement to make the audience member feel good about the experience and go away feeling like they actually communicated with their loved ones. They may now feel like they have finally said "goodbye" to their loved ones, so it may not be a bad experience overall for the audience member. If the experience makes them feel better about losing their loved ones, then (even if the whole thing is a fraud) I don't see why it is a total bad thing that these mediums are performing this fraudulent act...

join