It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security ... ( the 'Right Stuff' ??? )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Rep. Pittenger assembled the preparedness manual with the help of retired military officers, nationally-recognized experts on counterterrorism and cyber-security, FEMA, the American Red Cross, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Titled “Preparing Your Home, Family, and Business for Terrorist Attacks,” the 24-page manual can be downloaded for free at www.PrepareNow.com.

The manual suggests that Americans keep an emergency supply kit handy that includes water, nonperishable foods, clothing, cash, radio, first aid kit, signal flares, blankets, and copies of important documents such as ID and proof of residence, among other items.
Task Force Chair: Americans Should Prepare

-
OBSERVATION-n-OPINIONS:

1st-Off ... WOW! This is an amazing-document and extremely-detailed.

(I'm unable to determine when it was created and/or updated)

HOWEVER

Just exactly what are the ... 'among other items' ???

I can picture one:

-
SUMMARY-OPINION: The 'REAL' Homeland-Security.

Overall, all-of-the-above is a much-cheaper-alternative; providing/promoting greater local-control-n-responsibility.

( i.e. credible 'security' for/in the 'homeland').

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
hmmmmm

I am i the only one who does not quite get this thread???

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

…and copies of important documents such as ID and proof of residence…

Why do I need to present proof of residence in a disaster if I am in my home? Because guess what, you need that if you are rounded up…

(ETA: I mean relocated…)
edit on 11-3-2015 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

With all the (sanctioned? / unsanctioned?)-propaganda ...

I do understand where you are coming from.

HOWEVER looking at this from a 'credible-homeland-security-perspective' and in imaginable-circumstances, you would need 'ID' to prove your local-comings-n-goings.

-
OPINION: An Additional ... How-To:

Trust your Local-Representatives-Who-Are-Your-Neighbors.

edit on 11-3-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

This booklet was started long before the
threat of ISIS became eminent, the concern
over thousands of terrorists with Western
passports was realized, or the threat of an
Ebola outbreak reached American shores.
What those concerns impressed upon us
though, was the importance of being calm
and prepared for some of the unexpected or
unanticipated twists and turns in life. People
are much less likely to panic in a crisis if they
have a plan and are prepared ahead of time
so that everyone knows what they need to
do.

So the manual is very recent with ISIS threat being a seriously dangerous in America for quite a while (30 years according to Leon Panneta).

This thread covers Situation X in detail:
ATS Situation X Thread

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

HOWEVER looking at this from a 'credible-homeland-security-perspective' and in imaginable-circumstances, you would need 'ID' to prove your local-comings-n-goings.

In "imaginable circumstances", Marshall Law is declared and people told to shelter in place. In an evacuation or refugee scenario, then ID would be required.

I got it. I was just musing, trying to start conversation. Conspiracy website and all.

By the way, I don't trust Government anymore, of any flavor. I'm an old person, whose fault is that?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
1) after Katrina, Sandy and some others we learned that many idiots, I mean low-information citizens, have absolutely NO preparations on hand, and if/when disaster hits they will be TOTALLY newborn-babe helpless, so DHS/FEMA wants to encourage certain people (specifically, ones with brains) to have, oh, a few jugs of water, some granola bars, maybe some Dinty Moore in a can, a radio (with, you know, some batteries) because it's awful darn hard to provide EVERYTHING from water to toilet paper to a few thousand people left stranded by hurricane/blizzard/ISIS etc. If we can get folks to provide a few necessities on their own it'll help reduce the load since everything else must be trucked in, and of course we know some folks will have NOTHING.

2) many disasters / events force people to leave their homes, often on short notice; or they may be at work etc. and be unable to return home. (in some cases, like big forest fires, literally they won't be able to go home as it will be gone.) having ID / address etc helps file insurance claims, secure shelter, etc.

good news; Martial Law is NOT very high on our list of scenarios.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Pretty much what works4dhs said.

For every person who doesn't flood in for aid after a disaster, it's one less person they have to provide for, house, feed, etc. Personally, I'd rather be in my own home and living off preps than fighting for space in a shelter. The recommendations make sense.

That said though, I do think there are a LOT of scenarios that could have the government institute rule by the military. The good news is, this would largely be of concern in major urban centers, leaving more rural folks to fend on their own. The bad news is, because of this, it would likely drive gangs of would-be marauders out of cities to look for victims and resources.

top topics

join