It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa, Ontario steps way over the line with new sex ed curriculum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

I think because we're all adults now, we have forgotten what is was like to be pushed around by teachers, education system, child care systems etc. My son was in and out of the child care system and when I suggested him using a "safe house" to avoid living on the street at 18 (long story) he was adamant that the child care system is nothing but a bunch of evil power controlling monsters. Sure, I wrote that off as just a rebellious kid who doesn't want to play by anyone's rules. But when I think back to my youth, I remember the system as a dictatorship. Canada has a history of taking Native children away from their families and putting them up in the north under an strict educational system where abuse ran rampant. Stories of the foster child program being broken, stories of abuse, pedophilia, corruption. When I think back, it almost seems as if the adult world was nothing but bullies and abusers. I remember my teacher kicking me in the ass while I was chugging a coke bottle to make it bubble up. damn near knocked out my tooth as I hit the sink with the bottle still in my mouth. Made me dump it out. That school I went to was built in the 40's, farm school with 3 grades per class room, teachers from the early years. They hired a new principle who used to be our once a week music teacher who would travel around to the prairie schools. He turned out to be a pedo. Found out about it the paper. Was abusing kids in the basement

<< 1   >>

join