It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russel Brand almost defends Jeremy Clarkson on "The Trews"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
a reply to: nonspecific

Because it was at the top of recent posts and it concerns the incident Clarkson is involved in.
I would have said my piece and moved on but have now had to post 3 times because of you asking questions.

Sorry to make you post but if your going to post on a thread regarding a particular topic with a video to take into consideration is it not understanderble that people may ask you your opinion?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

The high ratings say otherwise.

If you dont like him. Fine Turn the bloody TV off or switch channels!

Justin Beiber sells millions of records, does that make him good?
Grown ups did brilliantly at the box office, I suppose it's a masterpiece huh?

I don't watch Top Gear, Haven't for years... I'm merely pointing out that Clarkson is a bigoted, racist prick.
You liking him and his show doesn't change that fact.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: blupblup

So when did you last actually watch Top Gear then?

I watched it with mates back in the early 00's and still catch an episode here and there at friends places.
I'm not a nazi, I wont stop people watching it.

Top Gear was a motoring show once upon a time.

edit on 11/3/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Justin Beiber sells millions of records, does that make him good?
Grown ups did brilliantly at the box office, I suppose it's a masterpiece huh?

No but people have the right to enjoy it even if you don't.

I hate Beiber and bleibvers with a passion but I will defend there right to listen to that crap if the markets there.

Let ratings and the market decide if it should be on TV.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Sorry to make you post but if your going to post on a thread regarding a particular topic with a video to take into consideration is it not understanderble that people may ask you your opinion?

No probs mate... and I've given my opinion... Clarkson is a prick.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

sorry you answered my question already.

Top Gear was a motoring show once upon a time.

It still is, last week they were testing out the new Mazda for example.

A part of me hopes he gets sacked but then that he and his co-presenters leave to do a rival show for sky that is is less of a car show and more of a blokes shows with a wider scope looking at other things like sport and tech stuff.
edit on 11-3-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

No but people have the right to enjoy it even if you don't.

I hate Beiber and bleibvers with a passion but I will defend there right to listen to that crap if the markets there.

Let ratings and the market decide if it should be on TV.

Of course and I never said any different.
I hope personally that it's pulled and Clarkson is never back on TV... I didn't say I believe that the BBC should listen to me or that they absolutely must do this.

And money and ratings... that's the ONLY reason Clarkson is still on the air... eventually the Beeb will have to just take a hit, they can't keep this muppet on the air much longer, he's a liability... IMO.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

sorry you answered my question already.

I think he's another one who is entirely humourless and just wants to desperately find offense.

Clarkson has said some stupid things in the past, he really has, and some of the things he's done have been badly thought out (ie not thought about at all), but this is all being taken far too seriously by people who will find offense in everything given the chance.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

No probs mate... and I've given my opinion... Clarkson is a prick.

I respect your opinion and you have good reason to choose it.

As I said earlier it was not a thread about weather you thought Clarkson was a prick but Russel Brands interpretation of the incident.

Have fun

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

A part of me hopes he gets sacked but then that he and his co-presenters leave to do a rival show for sky that is is less of a car show and more of a blokes shows with a wider scope looking at other things like sport and tech stuff.

I would watch that. Then again it's probably because I think the Hamster is cute and Capt. Slow reminds me of my dead uncle lol

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think Brand is defending Clarkson at its heart, although probably more so out of the right to expression than anything else.

Why?!

Because saying anything less would make Brand a hypocrite now wouldn't it.

Brand has built his reputation on self expression, although mostly of a left persuasion.

I think Brand is right to defend Clarkson, we need to stop the PC madness, as just in this case, it has overshadowed the true reason for his suspension.

I don't think Brand was defnding Clarkson's right to individuality with the Ed Milliband part...at that point Brand began to push his own leftist agenda.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

I think he's another one who is entirely humourless and just wants to desperately find offense.

Clarkson has said some stupid things in the past, he really has, and some of the things he's done have been badly thought out (ie not thought about at all), but this is all being taken far too seriously by people who will find offense in everything given the chance.

Not at all... I have a great sense of humour thanks, Love comedy and have always been fairly close to the bone with my comedy too.

Calling an Asian man a "slope" and other crap Clarkson has done is not funny.
He's Nigel Farage "light" - the man is an odious prick and would have been hilarious on stage with Bernard Manning back in the day.
He hobnobs with The Camerons in The Cotswolds...

But yeah... It's me, I lack a sense of humour, I'm too serious.

I don't want him sacked for punching someone, I couldn't give a **** either way.
I just think he's a prick and I stated my opinion.
Just because "The lads" are all chiming in now saying "Oh leave Jezza alone, top bloke innit!!" doesn't alter my opinion or make me sway. He is what he is.

edit on 11/3/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Interesting, you did not watch the video but still thought you had enough information on the subject to make an informed opinion?

I'm not interested in the "subject"; I was making an informed opinion on the person featured on the video whom I unfortunately know very well.

Besides, I don't want to watch a bloody video, I don't care how short it is.

Why don't you just describe what it's about so those of us who can't be arsed with videos can bypass it and still respond as you would like?

It's a bit late now but bear in mind for future reference.

Don't put videos in your OP insisting your audience watches them before responding.

Very bad form.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join