It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russel Brand almost defends Jeremy Clarkson on "The Trews"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I know theres a couple of threads about this "news" already but thought I would make a new post as I saw this and expected a Russel Brand left wing attack on Clarkson but I was actually quite suprised at how well he did this.

It's hard for me as I like both of these guys a lot but I cannot figure out if he defends him or attacks him.

Both these "charecters" are love or loathe so feel free to speak your mind(I know a few here that will be pretty vocal given the oppertunity)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Typical ageistic anti-white racism. Nothing to see there.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

1) I had no idea Russell was capable of communicating like that. Not that I necessarily didn't think he was capable, I've just never paid a lick of attention to him outside of his movies. I'm honestly incredibly impressed with his presentation. The whole thing was well thought out, well said, and just all around very impressive.

2) I think he's both defending and attacking him. It seems to me that he's defensive of Jeremy's right to be the way he is. But he's also attacking Jeremy for being what amounts to a relic of a bygone era.

Personally I applaud Jeremy for not selling out and being Jeremy. But I also understand the BBC point of view on things. It's a tough call, but I ultimately hope he comes back. Top Gear wouldn't be remotely the same without him.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

edit on 11-3-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Found another typo. Autocorrect has failed me gloriously

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Really? I thought it was a pretty good interpretation of the situation given that they are on opposite sides of the fence.

Anything other than a one liner or is that all you have to say?

a reply to: TonyS

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

1) I had no idea Russell was capable of communicating like that. Not that I necessarrily didn't think he was capable, I've just never paid a lick of attention to him outside of his movies. I'm honestly incredibly impressed with his presentation. The whole thing was well thought out, well said, and just all around very impressive.

2) I think he's both defending and attacking him. It seems to me that he's defensive of Jeremy's right to be the way he is. But he's also attacking Jeremy for being what amounts to a relic of a bygone era.

Personally I applaud Jeremy for not selling out and being Jeremy. But I also understand the BBC point of view on things. It's a tough call, bur I ultimately hope he comes back. Top Gear wouldn't be remotely the same without him.
Russel Brand is a fair bit smarter than the media portrays as is clarkson.

If you are unaware he was also the focus of bad BBC attention when his "antics got a little out of hand.

I was impressed when he said he had met and liked him.

It would have been far easier to jump on the band wagon.

As said before I like them both a lot.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The Beeb sacked Russell Brand over 'Sachgate', so it's kind of ironic that he has an opinion on this.

IMO if Clarkson physically assaulted someone in the workplace, then that is a sacking offence. It makes me smile when people come out of the woodwork claiming 'Leftie leaning' by the BBC, assault is wrong wether it's a Left or Right Hook.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Russell is a scum bag progressive and evil.......True evil. Listen to what he says at the end about we cannot be individuals.........This is the progressive agenda in a nutshell.

People of the UK here my words this is the balance point tipping. If progressives win out which considering what the UK has done on gun and privacy rights they might you will fail as a country. You laugh at countries like Greece and Spain.......This is your progressive pipe dream future.
edit on 11-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Russell is a scum bag progressive and evil.......True evil. Listen to what he says at the end about we cannot be individuals.........This is the progressive agenda in a nutshell.

People of the UK here my words this is the balance point tipping. If progressives win out which considering what the UK has done on gun and privacy rights they might you will fail as a country. You laugh at countries like Greece and Spain.......This is your progressive pipe dream future.

Thats a pretty interesting and aggresive take, I guess your not a fan of liberals and there wishy washy opinions then?

Are you from the UK? It would help me to get a handle on your perspective.

As I said I knew it would be a love or loathe thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
He's got far too much to say and the vast majority is just noise.

No, I didn't watch the vid.

Have to think about my blood pressure.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

The Beeb sacked Russell Brand over 'Sachgate', so it's kind of ironic that he has an opinion on this.

IMO if Clarkson physically assaulted someone in the workplace, then that is a sacking offence. It makes me smile when people come out of the woodwork claiming 'Leftie leaning' by the BBC, assault is wrong wether it's a Left or Right Hook.

If he has in fact assaulted someone I agree that is a disciplinary matter.

Were the wishy washy Leftie leaning comes in is the fact Clarkson is on his final warning due to really BS reasons.

He is arrogant he load mouthed and he is careless in his talk, yes. Should he be censored for that? No the high viewing figures seem to indicate many agree.

If he was not on final warning for past "alleged" controversy's maybe he would not be facing the sack but just a warning.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The UK is the what the US will be in another 10 years. We are one in the same......Linked by time and values. We truly are brothers.

The progressive agenda is to put the rights of the masses before the rights of the individual. Do you see this happening in the UK and US. Men like Hitler,Stalin,Mao all pushed just about the same agenda when you break it down to it's core. The rights of the masses over the rights of the individual. This will always lead to a oligarchy of some sort or other.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
He's got far too much to say and the vast majority is just noise.

No, I didn't watch the vid.

Have to think about my blood pressure.

Interesting, you did not watch the video but still thought you had enough information on the subject to make an informed opinion?

I have read other posts from you and I will be honest expected more.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I think what he means is that we need to stand together, not remain as individuals if we are to bring about change. That is the reality, and something that has been socially engineered for decades, pushing an "I'm alright Jack" attitude where everything is about the self, not the greater collective good. Selfish and harmful attitudes pusehed by the more right wing members of the elites that control us.

To be honest, the whole issue of labeling people as progressives, liberals, right wing or left wing is just another engineered factor in the control mechanism, where people have become conditioned to calling names rather than to debate issues. Name calling is the lowest form of argument and, in fact, it's true purpose is to stifle it.

As for the whole Clarkson thing, what the hell is going on? Front page news on all the papers it seems, and endlessly covered on radio and TV all day. The guy is a complete idiot and panders to the idiocy in society.
Bottom line, if he assaulted someone, that usually counts as gross misconduct in every company I have ever worked for, and he should be sacked as a consequence. No discussion, no petitions, just immediate contract termination.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I wanted to add Jeremy just like Russell said represents the older conservative values. This is a turning point if I have ever seen one.

If progressive ideals win out it will always lead to failure. Look back into history and see the future. TPTB love progressive ideals because they give rise to outright control.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

I label people by actions and agendas........If you push the rights of the masses over individual rights you are a progressive.

Think I am nuts....Look back at the early progressive movement in the US......LOOK. This has happened before and it will happen again.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I wanted to add a few last words on the progressive agenda. They love central governments and limited state rights. Think about why they would want to do that....Hmm.

The founding fathers of the US foretold of this happening well before it did. This is why the constitution is geared for individual rights.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

I wanted to add Jeremy just like Russell said represents the older conservative values. This is a turning point if I have ever seen one.

If progressive ideals win out it will always lead to failure. Look back into history and see the future. TPTB love progressive ideals because they give rise to outright control.

So did you watch the youtube video?

I only ask because your statement seemed more generic than specific?

The reason I posted the vid was that I found it interesting in its self not as a general lefty righty kind of thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The right of the masses and rights of the individual are one and the same. In order for the individual to survive, the masses must fight for it and stand together. The two go hand in hand.

What the governments, through social engineering programmes, have done for a long time is to deliberately polarize the population and create conflict. It's how they survive and are able to carry on screwing us all. I know many people who always vote the same party, not because of it's policies per se, but rather because that's the way they have always voted and are so polarized in their views that they become very critical and defensive at the slightest argument against their chosen cult.

What has become very apparent is the dumbing down over time and the lack of critical thinking of the populace. Many people will quietly agree that the government are all crooks and criminals, but will refuse to stick their head above the parapet and say so out loud, lest they look like they are leaving the herd.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You are wrong and you are right.....If the rights of the individual are put first the rights of the masses will be OK. If the rights of the masses are put first the rights of the individual will fall apart.

This is the cold hard truth....Look at the world today and ask yourself what is the root cause.....Not the symptoms but the root disease. Time will prove me right. Many will not be able to connect the dots and see this simple fact. The US is heading down the same exact path as our mother the UK.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You are looking at it as a left / right issue, when it's both sides of the government that are exactly the same and seek the same controls over us all. If the Left / progressives are so guilty of introducing such awful control and legislation over us, then by your reckoning the "Right" would remove such controls when they take power? When did that last happen?

See, the whole left / right thing is nothing more than another control mechanism, when in fact both sides primary interest is maintaining their own grip on power, and expanding it through even more control issues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join