It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO reincarnation, " FOR YOU."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Dalai Lama 'profanes' Buddhism by doubting his reincarnation, says China

Say what?

www.smh.com.au...

Beijing: Exiled Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama is profaning Buddhism by suggesting he will not be reincarnated when he dies, the Chinese-appointed governor of Tibet said on Monday, in some of China's strongest comments to date on the subject.

Tibetan Buddhism holds that the soul of a senior lama is reincarnated in the body of a child on his death. China says the tradition must continue and it must approve the next Dalai Lama.

But the Nobel peace laureate, who fled his homeland in 1959 after an abortive uprising against Chinese rule, has said he thinks the title could end when he dies.

Is this a joke?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Maybe he knows something ...

I think it's funny that China thinks they can control him. I thought they exiled him.

That's like saying, "Sure we kicked you out and stand against what you stand for, but you better do what we say ..."

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
another source

Dalai Lama's plan to end reincarnation blasphemous: China

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Choling was referring to remarks made by the exiled spiritual leader last September saying that he may not have a successor, casting uncertainty on the choice of the next Dalai Lama after his death.

The 79-year-old head of Tibetan Buddhism, who fled to India in 1959, had said, "if a weak Dalai Lama comes along, then it will just disgrace the Dalai Lama."

The world just keeps getting stranger and stranger.

"There is no guarantee that some stupid Dalai Lama won't come next": Dalai Lama

LMAO

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Maybe he knows something ...

I think it's funny that China thinks they can control him. I thought they exiled him.

That's like saying, "Sure we kicked you out and stand against what you stand for, but you better do what we say ..."

it sure is .

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
We are the energy that powers a body. Hence when body can't support energy, it degrades and decomposes back into earth.

We know, energy cannot be destroyed. So the internal energy that inhabited a body; it's dreams, memories, feeling, mental collection and identity, must move on from the matter-vessel of the body.

Where does all that energy go? Well it must be another body? Hence reincarnation.

If I was the dalai lama, I wouldn't reincarnate given the world's state. Obviously spirtual teaching and expression is not helping this human species.

So # it, leave them and carry on as the energy you are in yhe next form whatever that maybe.

The next form after the body dies, could be a form that cannot be seen in current light spectrum we see with the human body,s eyes.

Another spectrum, realm, dimension, whatever you coin it as. Reincarnation is a fascinating subject true or false, we will all known for sure when it's our time to go.

But will we be ready for that moment?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
China wants to "approve" any reincarnation. Naturally, they will approve only a puppet they can control. The Dalai Lama is trying to beat them to the punch.

đź‘Ł

edit on 813Wednesday000000America/ChicagoMar000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If I understand the buddha thing .... those who have reached enlightenment can choose to come back to help those still incarnating, or not. If this Dalai Lama doesn't want to come back, he doesn't have to. That's what I get from reading 'Buddhism for Dummies'. (So I could have gotten it wrong.)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I thinks that 's awesome news!

Suck it Chinese government! Dalai Lama says he's not coming back!

Dalai Lama to retire from political life

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Chinese Communist Party leaders are deathly afraid that the Dalai Lama will not have an afterlife. Worried enough that this week, officials repeatedly warned that he must reincarnate, and on their terms.

Tensions over what will happen when the aging 14th Dalai Lama dies, and particularly over who decides who will succeed him as the most prominent leader in Tibetan Buddhism, have ignited at the annual gathering of China’s legislators in Beijing. Officials have amplified their argument that the Communist government is the proper guardian of the Dalai Lama’s succession through an intricate process of reincarnation that has involved lamas, or senior monks, visiting a sacred lake and divining dreams.

Party functionaries were incensed by the exiled Dalai Lama’s recent speculation that he might end his spiritual lineage and not reincarnate, confounding the Chinese government’s plans to engineer a succession that would produce a putative 15th Dalai Lama who accepts its presence and policies in Tibet. Their anger welled up on Wednesday, as it had a day earlier.

Well aint that something

sinosphere.blogs.nytimes.com...

link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

LMAO

That's just mean and wrong. What he is trying to point out is how the traditions are getting actively weakened by china and whoever would be his successor wouldn't have been able to go through the same teachings and learnings as he and the ones before him did. Buddhist monks have to become violent and get beaten dead on the streets and you are laughing your arse off?
What are you heartless, brainless, or "just" without knowledge on how severe the situation for Tibetans is?

link   
Maybe he reached the end of the cycle and is time for his soul to become one with universe.

link   
a reply to: windword

lol, it's hilarious

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

LMAO

That's just mean and wrong. What he is trying to point out is how the traditions are getting actively weakened by china and whoever would be his successor wouldn't have been able to go through the same teachings and learnings as he and the ones before him did. Buddhist monks have to become violent and get beaten dead on the streets and you are laughing your arse off?
What are you heartless, brainless, or "just" without knowledge on how severe the situation for Tibetans is?

He said it not me

sinosphere.blogs.nytimes.com...

“Whether the institution of the Dalai Lama should continue or not is up to the Tibetan people,” the Dalai Lama said in an interview with the BBC in December. “There is no guarantee that some stupid Dalai Lama won’t come next, who will disgrace himself or herself. That would be very sad. So, much better that a centuries-old tradition should cease at the time of a quite popular Dalai Lama.”

www.bbc.com...

edit on 013131p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Yeah but you are the genius that added LMAO.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Yeah but you are the genius that added LMAO.

What heck, I am laughing at the whole situation

you are the genius

thank you

edit on 013131p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

No, it's highly ironic. China has been so controlling of the spiritual process that this Lama is trying to pre-empt them by not reincarnating.

The State wants to control everything, even spirituality and afterlife in order to control every aspect of personal life, but the more they grasp, the more souls slip through their fingers.

Christianity is exploding in China too, and by doing this, the Dalai lama may free Buddhism, too, in China.

Just imagine that the Grand Moff is China.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There goes my dream of coming back as a light particle (photon?)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No I got what the Lama is trying to do, I just can't believe someone thinks it is funny.
And it is not ironic it is desperate.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Peeple because: bee

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
'Annexing' a country is probable, possible and demonstratable (the Chinese would be well aware of this re Tibet)...however, the process required to select Dalai Lamas is not a political football - the Dalai Lama knoes this, and is stating, in all practicality, that the tradition (that may have been quite overt in uncompromised times and circumstances) should not, could not and will not be DICTATED by a regime that hardly avers the status of the religious proclivities of a country it routed.

Ă…99

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Tibetan Buddhism

A unique variant of Buddhism, the Tibetan form draws on ancient Tibetan Bon and the Mahayana tradition, as well as its Vajrayana path. Incorporating meditation, yoga and tantric disciplines, Tibetan Buddhists avoid philosophical speculation preferring practice as a means to attain realization and ultimately Buddhahood; upon reaching perfect enlightenment, he who attains Buddhahood can choose to stop the cycle of life, suffering, death and reincarnation.

Based upon the idea that the human mind is the source of all things, Tibetan Buddhists believe that everything that is experienced really only happens inside your head. In order to reach ultimate enlightenment through the mind, however, people must gain control over the essential energy that animates all existence, prana; the primary way to tame that tiger is by controlling the mind. Adherents, therefore, take two courses on their journey to perfect enlightenment, the Path of Means and the Path of Liberation.

The first path involves a fair amount of prayers and obeisances to the Buddhas, the student’s teacher and in repentance (300,000 total); in addition, those on the Path of Means recite mantras, practice pranayama (yogic breathing), cultivate altruistic thought and ultimately train to achieve complete enlightenment to share with all sentient beings. No small task.

The second path, of liberation, sounds simple, but is supremely difficult. The student must learn to effortlessly enter and remain in a state of deep relaxation. Students seek this state, in which to become one with the primordial cosmic mind, again through mediation.

Ultimately, when one reaches the perfectly relaxed state, the two paths converge; eventually, complete enlightenment can be reached. Those who attain this state, but seek to return lifetime after lifetime out of their compassion for, and desire to benefit, all sentient beings, are called Bodhisattvas
-----------------
I bolded the text for highlighting purposes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join