It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Expects $5B Loan From IMF in 'Coming Days'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Ukraine expects to receive $5 billion in credit from the International Monetary Fund in the coming days, the country's finance minister said Wednesday — the first in series of bailout loans the government hopes will keep Ukraine from an economic meltdown.

World bank continuing to make that bank! You just know they love a good crisis!

Some reports say as much as 17b!
edit on 11-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Maybe the US is behind this. Trying to keep Ukraine from economic turmoil, which would give Putin more reason to take them over.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well it seems it really is dependent on the ceasefire and it holding...

The International Monetary Fund is set to decide on a new financial rescue plan for Ukraine worth $ 17.5 billion. However, the IMF will only make the funds available if the country's ceasefire holds.

www.dw.de...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Micheal has a take on this and it may actually be what was posted on another thread about the present regime in Kiev gaining citizenship in other countries including my own Canada .

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Micheal has a take on this and it may actually be what was posted on another thread about the present regime in Kiev gaining citizenship in other countries including my own Canada .

Certainly you have something that backs the claim other than Russian media, and your talking about dual citizenship again from a Russian source with nothing to back the claim.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I said it could have something to do with the other post and the source is Micheal Hudson a well respected person .You attacking the messenger does nothing in the way of refuting what his take on it is and it's in his opinion that I put value on not the media stream in which it was delivered which is on the internet and we all know that if the internet says it so then it is .

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Has anybody ever actually paid off an IMF loan?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If Greece can make their case they may be one of the first to do so . www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The last few times getting money was followed by the resuming of fighting...makes you wonder about this time.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It's actually a $17 Billion package, with $5 Billion being released shortly. I fully expect a bigger package later on down the road as well. Ukraine is crumbling and beyond Bankrupt.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

The last few times getting money was followed by the resuming of fighting...makes you wonder about this time.

So the same thing that happens when Russia sends so called humanitarian aid.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I guess Russia will get paid now.

Hmmm.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I said it could have something to do with the other post and the source is Micheal Hudson a well respected person .

You can be well respected, but you can still be wrong.

You attacking the messenger does nothing in the way of refuting what his take on it is and it's in his opinion that I put value on not the media stream in which it was delivered which is on the internet and we all know that if the internet says it so then it is

And yet your pushing his opinion as fact and that would be a fallacy as it is just his opinion. And I don't believe what is said when it comes from the media arm of the Kremlin who just doesn't have a problem with running anything they can that is anti US and anti Ukraine.

Sorry but RT is a outlet for those who have anti US views and it shows.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I don't think we want more nazi's from Kiev or otherwise alongside harpernista.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Turkey has, Turkey terminates decades of IMF debt, officials say.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Has anybody ever actually paid off an IMF loan?

Yes.
In sovereignty and land. And so will the Ukrainian people.
They don't know it yet, but they've already lost their war.
edit on 11-3-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Here you go ...it's his own social media site and if social media is good enough for the State dept. it's good enough for ATS . michael-hudson.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Here you go ...it's his own social media site and if social media is good enough for the State dept. it's good enough for ATS . michael-hudson.com...

Again it is his opinion and not fact. It doesn't change with his social media page or his website, but keep on believing.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I originally said it was his take on it .It was and is his opinion and one that I can keep as may being one that could be true but we will have to wait and see what happens now wont we . :>)

new topics

top topics

join