It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One for the Vegans, Plants know who, and What, is eating it and feel some kind of pain

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

There are at least two ways to read that sentence.

Actuaaaaaaally, only one.

Yeah, the one you think.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'll be here all week. Try the veal!

(A joke within a joke? Jokeception!)
edit on 11-3-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Try the veal!

I so do love veal.

edit on 11-3-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And thus this thread comes full circle once again.

See? I had a plan somewhere in my ramblings! Mmm... Veal... Take THAT Vegans!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'd hope those veggies don't know # from shat after they're picked and put in a bin for sale at the grocery store.

Squid and octopi however never truly die, and only need a dousing from an energy source to continue living after "dying". They feel everything, from being cooked to being chewed on to being eaten. After excreted, their souls live on through flowing sewer water and therefore, water everywhere. I call into evidence:

youtu.be...

edit on 3/11/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I'm assuming you posted a video of an octopus having a spasm after it was introduced to soy sauce? I can't tell since the video didn't load properly.

In this case, as is the same case when you salt frog-legs before cooking them. Muscles before they are cooked (especially if freshly killed) still contain ATP, which is the "energy" source for muscles. When sodium ions are introduced (via salt, or soy sauce), it creates an electrical difference in the muscle cells which then contract and relax violently until all the remaining ATP is used up.

Trust me, that octopus is well and truly dead. And is also well and truly delicious.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

You intolerant jerk face, it's " little person Mason". I will say midget Mason does have a nice ring to it though.

I'm short and a Mason, so Railgun and I will hook up and eat bacon salads.

Might even fire up the smoker and make bacon wrapped bacon...

link   

Double bacon... Err, post.
edit on 11-3-2015 by KawRider9 because: for the love of bacon

link   

o

Whew,I had a salad earlier!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

o

Whew,I had a salad earlier!
I love these word plays. I like the subtleties of the english language and sometimes it's outright silliness.

Is cereal a soup? It is a particulate food submerged in a liquid.

Could cereal be a salad? After all a salad is only an array of vegetables in a dish with a dressing. Milk could be that dressing.

The joys of language! And little Masons.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Here's a suggestion to people of Earth...

Stop telling other people what to eat.

You're equal to religious fanatics.

Oh really?
I got 2 words for you : Foie Gras

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Wait, what? Nobody is telling anybody what to eat - the only people who do are, well, generally, religious fanatics.

And, hang on - you consider foisting an opinion - even if you have no power to enforce the desired results of the opinion, instead being just a general pain in the ear of somebody else - equal to a suicide bombing in a busy marketplace, where innocent children get blown to Kingdom come in a shattered mass of tangled body parts & blood?

And - bear with me here - aren't you the one who usually shows up in defence of religious fanatics?

Did I miss something?

Have you gone insane, or do you just feel like being especially hypocritical and nonsensical today?

How does telling someone to eat in a particular way equate to mass murder and chaos? Are doctors terrorists? As far as I know, they're the only ones legitimately allowed to give an opinion, which really should be acted upon, when it comes to what food a patient must consume in order to stay healthy. But even they can't force people to stop going to McDonalds, they just have a moral & professional obligation to warn people of the dangers of the wrong kind of eating.

Do the moral & professional opinions of both doctor and terrorist amount to the same thing?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

You intolerant jerk face, it's " little person Mason". I will say midget Mason does have a nice ring to it though.

I'm short and a Mason, so Railgun and I will hook up and eat bacon salads.

Might even fire up the smoker and make bacon wrapped bacon...

Is it still a bacon salad if it's JUST bacon?

I vote yes.

My vote counts for two.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What a great thread of posts! I had carrot cake for breakfast, with nuts. A new breakfast salad. I like it.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Im pretty sure if you put a piece of parsley(for decoration only, duh) on a plate of bacon it's a salad.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

You DID NOT have breakfast.

Breakfast has bacon in it.

You fail and should be ashamed of yourself!

No bacon, what a weirdo...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm assuming you posted a video of an octopus having a spasm after it was introduced to soy sauce? I can't tell since the video didn't load properly.
[snip]
Trust me, that octopus is well and truly dead. And is also well and truly delicious.

Yeah, this one:
youtu.be...

Youtube is so finicky about embedding a video in a post.

I guess I need to work on my written sarcasm if you didn't catch it in my post. I don't think squid and octopi live forever. I just thought it was appropriate to the topic, considering it was on the feelings of the things that you eat.

My other point was that you could fool a million retards (of which I am their leader), as well as countless small children that squid indeed .. never die, then demonstrate.

Just tell them it absorbs the nutrients from the sauce through its' membranes and "comes back to life".
That might just turn a person off from seafood, or that kind at least, forever!
Muhahaha.. the # shouldn't be eaten anyways, IMO. (certain sea creatures, that is..)

In all seriousness though, that'd be against my political beliefs as an American, which are "To each their own". I can't try to actively influence people's future opinions, tastes, and actions through food based traumatic experiences in their youth.

At that point, you become an enemigo de libertad!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Ahhhhh... Sorry I misinterpreted. I used to be really good at detecting sarcasm in the spoken word. My english skills have waned somewhat since basically the only time I use english is when I talk to my parents or here on ATS. My apologies!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Ahhhhh... Sorry I misinterpreted. I used to be really good at detecting sarcasm in the spoken word.

No apolgies needed. It's just easier to detect in spoken word usually vs written, and I happen to be so good at seeming dense that I often find myself lingering in insecurity afterward over whether anyone even actually got my point.

*kung-fu facepalm*

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

Ahhhhh... Sorry I misinterpreted. I used to be really good at detecting sarcasm in the spoken word.

No apolgies needed. It's just easier to detect in spoken word usually vs written, and I happen to be so good at seeming dense that I often find myself lingering in insecurity afterward over whether anyone even actually got my point.

*kung-fu facepalm*
No worries! Also, I don't like that dish in particular. It's really weird because if you eat too soon after adding the soy sauce the little suckers on the octopus can stick to your throat and make you feel like you're choking. Also I'm not a huge fan of raw tako. I prefer it cooked a bit. Takoyaki is freaking delicious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join