It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tylenol maker to pay $25 million for selling metal-contaminated drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Buyer beware. Not just contaminated drugs, but other research links Tylenol to numerous health problems.

Tylenol maker to pay $25 million for selling metal-contaminated drugs

A Johnson & Johnson subsidiary pleaded guilty on Tuesday to selling liquid medicine contaminated with metal and agreed to pay $25 million to resolve the case, the U.S. Department of Justice said on Tuesday.

The subsidiary, McNeil Consumer Healthcare, pleaded guilty to one federal criminal charge in the case.

In 2010, the company launched mass recalls of certain children's over-the-counter-medicines, including Infants' Tylenol and Children's Motrin, made at its Fort Washington, Pennsylvania plant.

It was the latest in a series of recalls at the time. There were far-reaching multiple recalls from 2008 to 2010 involving hundreds of millions of bottles and packages of consumer brands such as Tylenol, Motrin, Rolaids, Benadryl and other products due to faulty manufacturing. The recalls kept widely used products such as Children's Tylenol off pharmacy shelves and seriously tarnished J&J's once-sterling reputation.

....more

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So let me get this straight ive been giving my kids heavy metals that my doctor told me rp give my kid???a reply to: soficrow

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
As a father, I'm mad now.

This is kind of fishy according to me. See, they talk about drugs sold in 2010. Nobody keeps Tylenol or Motrin for 5 years, no evidence, no crime?

I mean, I couldn't sue them.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Not just contaminated drugs, but other research links Tylenol to numerous health problems.

There is one thing that I would like to warn peoples about Tylenol. Despite being "practical" for pain and fever as it have not the anticoagulation property of others NSAID, if ever you suffer liver problem, ex you poison yourself with something toxic to your liver or whatever, depending if you have Tylenol in your blood, it will mean difference between life and death!!!

The explanation is very technical, but the presence of Tylenol when the liver is in distress mean assured death. The co. making Tylenol does not like this fact being publicized but ask any ER doc about it. If ever you bring someone in the ER and is suffering grave and accute liver problem, the first thing they will ask you is if the patient have taken Tylenol as they cannot easily or practically not possible to detect it in blood after a while.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
So let me get this straight ive been giving my kids heavy metals that my doctor told me rp give my kid???a reply to: soficrow

Well seeing how some few+ years ago Bayer was "fined" for giving HIV infected drugs to hemophiliacs in Europe because the FDA refused to allow the sale in the US (if I got that right, let me pull it up). So this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

I was pretty close:

Chemical and drug maker Bayer AG said Thursday it acted "responsibly, ethically and humanely" during the 1980s in selling a blood-clotting product that stopped potentially fatal bleeding in hemophiliacs but was linked to the risk of HIV infection.

The company's statement was in response to a New York Times report that it sold millions of dollars worth of an older version of the medication in Latin America and Asia while marketing a newer, safer product in the United States and Europe.

CBS News

top topics

join