It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 men in custody after ex-correction officer shoots a man during rush hour argument

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IvanAstikov

Not that I'm going to continue to debate this, but you specifically claimed that a drunk guy who came at you with clenched fists would be a dead man in the United States--not that he might be or could have ended up a dead man, but that he would be a dead man.

You stereotyped Americans based on an incorrect assumption deduced by only seeing negativity on the internet and, I assume, a misunderstanding of our gun laws. All I ask is that you don't do that, because it's an ignorant view of Americans.

See, the thing about America is that we have a legal right to self defense--the law is on our side. You claim that "imminent danger" is a premeditated excuse for murder. Again, this is ignorant. Sure, a few people abuse that law and get away with it, but it's a rare occasion, but you're using that example and implying it's the norm.

You're wrong.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
a reply to: Edumakated

See now, who's talking about "loud and belligerent" other than you? Not everybody who is a dangerous threat is going to give you a handy warning to give you time to get your firearm out.

Very true.

<< 1   >>

join