It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army helicopter crashes during training exercise in Florida: 7 marines, 4 soldiers missing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

If they aren't doing it on the books, they are doing it via their proxies.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

They don't personally hand weapons over to anyone in the middle of nowhere. They only land and offload if it's a scheduled delivery to a government. They air drop them from cargo aircraft on pallets. With government deliveries they frequently charter another company.

edit on 3/11/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Nine bodies have been recovered and identified. The aircraft has been found as well. Weather continues to hamper the recovery efforts. It's believed the last two bodies, both of crew members of the helicopter, are in the wreckage of the aircraft.
edit on 3/12/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What is all the dialog about? What we are missing is that 11 of our servicemen have been killed! That means 11 families are suffering tonight. It doesn't matter what they were training for or who they are! It is a major loss to America.

God bless the lost and their families.
edit on 12-3-2015 by buddah6 because: lobotomized through superior pain meds.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

I agree completely.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
a reply to: Zaphod58

What is all the dialog about? What we are missing is that 11 of our servicemen have been killed! That means 11 families are suffering tonight. It doesn't matter what they were training for or who they are! It is a major loss to America.

God bless the lost and their families.

Amen

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Didn't want to call my uncle out so I waited :

Link

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The pilots failed to switch from visual flight to instrument flight as they entered the fog bank, and became disoriented, leading to the crash.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The pilots failed to switch from visual flight to instrument flight as they entered the fog bank, and became disoriented, leading to the crash.

Zaph, That does sound right to me. Normal procedure is to have one pilot visual and one on the instruments in marginal weather. So both were not following the rules...that's bull s#t! I think that they can't determine the cause of the accident so they are blamming the crew. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Damn... MARSOC is a very tight-knit group and those guys won't be easy to replace.

Not that their deaths are more meaningful than anyone else's, just that it takes a lot of training and experience to reach that level.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join