It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta police officer fatally shoots naked mentally ill veteran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj
Who knew Judge Dredd would end up being so prophetic? Every cop you meet is now judge, jury, and executioner.

"I never broke the law. I am the law!" Judge Dredd

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
You'd have thought every cop would love to be able to write "tasered naked man in the balls" in their diary, but not this modern para-military mob we have now.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

What a surprise, another "scared cop" acts first and thinks later, ending the life of someone who should not have been killed.

I wonder how many protests there will be over this, and if any state actually starts to take action against their idiot cops?

Enough already. He was NOT A THREAT, and any cop who thinks they have the right to murder someone they're potentially "scared of" should be fired instantly, before they get the chance to murder someone in cold blood.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
You'd have thought every cop would love to be able to write "tasered naked man in the balls" in their diary, but not this modern para-military mob we have now.

No, because in American culture these people are deemed to be "heroes" just because they do a hard job. They're untouchable when it comes to criticism or oversight. The notion that their job might one day be dangerous is all people think about, and this excuses them from all responsibility in their actions - as if they never knew before they applied that being a cop might be dangerous!

If a cop is so scared of their own shadow they need to kill anything that come near them without considering any alternative, they should have their badge and gun taken from them and told to go and find another job.

Being a cop is dangerous, get used to it. If you can't get used to it, find another job.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I can only imagine the sense of betrayal this veteran had when he learned all the rubbish he was taught about America and it's corporate wars was false.

Then came the predation by Pharma. Took what was left of his sanity with SSRI's.

Then threw him to the Orks for the final insult.

I can only wish he would have used the last bit of his life to strike back. Die with your boots on neutralizing evil, not naked while giving someone a paid vacation.
edit on 11-3-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
originally posted by: DAVID64

Sadly, there is a good chance of exactly that. Police are not trained to deal with people with special needs, nor do I believe they care. All they see is a threat and we know how they deal with those. No matter if she was running toward them for help, as was this man for all we know, it would be the usual "She was comin' right at me bro!!" and ...... Well, let's not dwell on that. I am terrified of my son getting his license, just for that very reason. He has Asperger's and although he is very high functioning, he does not do well with facial expressions or sarcasm and sometimes takes things very literally. If he was told something in sarcasm by an officer [ I consider most of them smart ass bullies anyway ] he would do it and possibly get hurt in the mix up. It's funny that it's so important that they "get to go home at night" that they automatically pull a gun instead of a Taser, yet they are suposedly highly trained professionals.

My daughter want me to teach her to drive, and as much as I want to, with her being low functioning, I'm terrified of the possibility. I'm mean outright terrified! I want to because I want her to know if there's ever an emergency, but the joke of "stay off the sidewalks" would not be a joke with her. She has no balance because of missing part of her brain, and has bad depth perception. If I have bad depth perception and I'm fully functional, I can only imagine what it must be like for her missing part of her brain. She has what is called Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum, along with the Autism. The Agenesis is a congenital brain malformation. The brain forms in the first 3 months of fetal development. There's a part of the brain that connects the left half of the brain with the right half called the Corpus Callosum. If you are missing it, it's called Agenesis. If it's completely missing, it's called Complete Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum. (Which my daughter has. Some children are referred to as "Split Brain personality, meaning they have both right brain characteristics, and left brain, again, which my daughter has.)

The part the arrow is pointing to is the part my daughter is missing. It is over 200 million neurons missing.

My daughter's neurologist described it to me this way. Think of a large state. Texas. That's the body. Now think of two large cities in Texas, Austin and Dallas. The left half the brain is Austin, the right is Dallas. Now usually there is a phone line, a road, and a computer network connecting Austin and Dallas allowing them to talk to each other before they send signals to Texas. In my daughter's case, there's no road, no phone line, and no computer line. Austin is telling Texas what to do, and at the very exact same moment, Dallas is telling Texas what to do, and Texas doesn't know who to listen to, so it's very confused and it's listened to BOTH cities at the EXACT same time, and sometimes getting conflicting signals.

One example, you and I can take a ball and toss it from one hand to the other without thinking twice about it. I had to take my daughter to aquatic therapy to train her brain to allow her other hand to reach out and catch the ball that one hand would toss. That took us almost a year of aquatic therapy. To this day she STILL doesn't have the balance to ride a bike and she is almost 20. My daughter has learning disorders, seizure disorder, and emotionally will always be 8-12, which is why she lives in a group home. Some videos to give you an idea of daily, where my daughter is at. Because of her autism, she is a Flight/Flee risk as well. Which is part of my worry. She is deathly scared of cops because they do not treat her kindly when she encounters them. So I can't say I blame her fear. Because she died 3 times at birth, and she's my only child, of course, I worry for her, but I don't let her know I worry.

A 20 yr old young man with ACC

I worry someday she'll be some cops easy vacation, I mean "I was scared for my life". A 110 pound weakling girl with the Parkinson's shakes from lithium and other big pharma meds for "autism".
edit on 3/11/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

If you have to shoot someone because you are scared they might take your gun off you if you try to take them down in a less fatal manner, perhaps you shouldn't be carrying a gun in the first place? You're not always going to be given the luxury of having time to get your firearm out, so you need to learn alternatives, or let someone else do your job.

Can't argue with that logic. Hand-to-hand combatives is so lacking in modern law enforcement training, but that's a training problem. When you leave people who are authorized to fire a weapon if they perceive (which is subjective) an imminent threat, and only give them the confidence to use the firearm to subdue the aggressor, what should we expect?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Well, that's one entirely speculative way to look at this scenario.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IvanAstikov

There are plenty of folks who would have you believe that alternatives to firearms are nothing more than Hollywood movie magic.

Not sure why there is even a use of force continuum when the firearm is most often the first and only choice police make.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
First photo of OP reminded me of this.

Nice night for a walk.

Would be ridiculous if anyone thought this guy was a cyborg from the future on a night walk with no clothes. Its sad, but this won't get as much attention.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I know of several "companion" care organizations that works specifically with the Developmentally Disabled, such as your daughter, and do so under State funding (depending on your state, of course) and have wonderful, positive results. I understand they have excellent programs, teach life skills, communicating with others, etc.....all off site. This is NOT a home, or skilled assisted living. She would stay right where she is and get social skills, job skills, etc....up until she is 60!

No, I am not involved in this organization but have a relative who was intentionally run over by a 3/4 ton Ford F250 driven by her ex-husband (they had been divorced 11 years then) pickup and suffered traumatic brain injury. She had to relearn everything... from how to eat, how to speak, how to walk, tie shoes, literally everything!

She now has an college diploma with an AA!

I am so, so proud of her. This cause touches my heart very deeply and personally. I became her conservator and took over her life for 10 years while she recovered.
If you would like more info, I am happy to share. And if your precious daughter is doing well now where and how she is, God Bless her and your family!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

I know of several "companion" care organizations that works specifically with the Developmentally Disabled, such as your daughter, and do so under State funding (depending on your state, of course) and have wonderful, positive results. I understand they have excellent programs, teach life skills, communicating with others, etc.....all off site. This is NOT a home, or skilled assisted living. She would stay right where she is and get social skills, job skills, etc....up until she is 60!

No, I am not involved in this organization but have a relative who was intentionally run over by a 3/4 ton Ford F250 driven by her ex-husband (they had been divorced 11 years then) pickup and suffered traumatic brain injury. She had to relearn everything... from how to eat, how to speak, how to walk, tie shoes, literally everything!

She now has an college diploma with an AA!

I am so, so proud of her. This cause touches my heart very deeply and personally. I became her conservator and took over her life for 10 years while she recovered.
If you would like more info, I am happy to share. And if your precious daughter is doing well now where and how she is, God Bless her and your family!

Thank you. I greatly appreciate how big your heart is! Right now my daughter is in a group home with 3 other girls. Sh has her own room and can stay as long as she wants. She lives a little over an hour away from me. I live in an efficiency nearby. I was going to move to the town she's in, but she loves my apartment complex so much, she wants me to stay here, so far. So stay I will. For now anyway. She comes every other weekend for a home visit. I have a inflated twin bed she sleeps on in the bed area, and I have a futon I sleep on when she visits in the living area. When she's not here, I sleep on the twin bed. I have a small chihuaua mix that lives with us. My daughter named her Calyssa after a Barbie Princess in a Barbie movie. We call her Callie for short.

Where my daughter lives there's an adult per person and she's happy there so far. Her father tried to force her to move to NY with him and he got mad at me at first because I told her now that she's 19 she's old enough to decide for herself if she wants to go to NY (and I will move with her), or stay here. No matter what, I will follow her. She decided to stay here, he thinks I forced her to stay. I could care less. I think at 19 she's old enough to begin making her own decisions. But that's just me.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

That is wonderful! Thank you for sharing this. Please tell your daughter that a woman in CA , who raises sheep, is naming one of our newborns (literally born at 7am this morning...4 of them!) in her honor. She will be Calyssa...a beautiful name. I will keep her and nurture her myself. She will be my special one.

All my best you you both, and Callie!!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

That is wonderful! Thank you for sharing this. Please tell your daughter that a woman in CA , who raises sheep, is naming one of our newborns (literally born at 7am this morning...4 of them!) in her honor. She will be Calyssa...a beautiful name. I will keep her and nurture her myself. She will be my special one.

Awww, she will DEFINITELY love that! Thank you! Her grandmother and grandfather live in San Diego. I used to live in the valley a LOOOOONG time ago in Atwater, near Fresno and Modesto. We had a dear family friend, we would call Uncle John who owned a farm out there that gave use a male and female Doberman. They had 3 beautiful puppies and when we had to move and leave them behind I was devastated. To this day, Dobies are my favorite breed. I used to climb his fig tree for fresh figs every day. He had sheep as well, and I did learn NEVER wear flip flops near those damn buggers as those hooves hurt like the dickens! I went to go pet one and that bugger stepped on my toe and holy schnikey that hurt! LMAO

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
NICE!!!!

My first (TWO!!!) manners violations.

Now I'm cool.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I told her today, she laughed and loved it! If you like, feel free to post pictures on my wall for her.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

a reply to: 35Foxtrot
What do you think I misunderstood? Even if you are a cop, your correct response to the post you are objecting to should have been "You're right, I'd rather be made to look a bit silly than kill a man because he was naked and scary."

So. I guess my response will be made thusly:

If someone responded to my removed post in a manner such as you did, I'd refer them back to my post where I state unequivocally that police officers (and anyone really) should only meet force with like force (or in the case of cops and military; as your training requires).

I would then call said hypothetical poster an as*hole for choosing to be obstinate and willfully misread (or NOT read) what I posted.

Now, jerk off, report me again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join