It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Mother Slayed, Child Removed and Kidnaped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (Reuters) - Police in Missouri believe they have found alive a baby girl who was cut out of her murdered mother's womb and removed from the scene of the crime and said two people were being questioned.

Origional Source

This is just something which makes you think "why?" I can't help but to wonder if the person who commited this crime planed to "steal" the child or if he/she had other motives. Both religion and insanity comes to mind here, which is not a good combonation to say the least. I can't help but to think that maybe the killer thought he/she was doing something good and perhaps even for God.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I saw this on Sky News last night, I'm sickened and saddened that something like this could happen. My thoughts and prayers go to this Lady's family. I cant even imagine what they are going through right now.
From what the News said last night this is not the first instance of this kind of crime.
Has the Child been found yet? If this poor child is found lets hope he/she is alive as the Police said there was a good chance it was.

EDIT: It looks like they found the baby, thank God for that.

[edit on 18-12-2004 by Janus]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The article stated:

The Nordaway County Sheriff's Department in Northwest Missouri said the baby was found on Friday in the neighboring state of Kansas, about 24 hours after the murder. Tests were being conducted to confirm the infant's identity.

So as you can see, it seems the child is indeed alive and if tests are being done, I assume the newborn is also stable.

This of course is good news, the baby has survived. However, considering the rest of the story, it's certainly doesn't seem like much of a happy ending.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Not realy a happy ending considering the mother was murdered maby just the best ending that could have been hoped for.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
All I can think of is the legacy this child will have to live with.
What a horrid way to come into the world!
If I was the father, I would consider not telling the child
ever what happened, and make up something so it wouldn't
cause further trauma to her.

As for the murderer/child snatcher, I think she should get the
death penalty.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The FBI just caught the lady that did this, was just on the news. She did it to get the baby, how sick.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Give her the death penalty. Is the media just covering stories like this more or are there just more sick people doing sick things more often?

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Here is more, what an ordeal for the father, man...

Father United With Abducted Baby

Reuters
Sunday, December 19, 2004; Page A13

CHICAGO, Dec. 18 -- The father of a baby girl snatched from the womb of her strangled mother greeted the infant as a miracle as the two were united after a grisly murder that gripped the United States, a Kansas hospital said Saturday.

The girl, Victoria Jo Stinnett, was healthy and "a miracle," the Stormont-Vail hospital in Topeka, Kan., quoted the girl's father, Zebulon Stinnett, as saying after the two were united late Friday.

The girl's mother, Bobbie Jo Stinnett, 23, had been found strangled in her Missouri home Thursday with her abdomen sliced open, the baby gone and the umbilical cord cut.

Source www.washingtonpost.com...

top topics

join