It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Demands Obama Explain Lying About Amnesty in Court

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Funny how he didn't do anything to block Reagan...

Good thing you checked to see when he was appointed prior to posting:

He was then in private practice in Houston, Texas from 1979 to 1993.

In 1992, Hanen was nominated by President George H. W. Bush to be a United States District Judge, but the nomination lapsed. Source

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

What an idiot. What makes this judge thinks he has the authority to demand Obama to explain anything about immigration? So he's a right wing judge from Texas why am I not surprised. Funny how he didn't do anything to block Reagan when he gave amnesty to the illegals or when Bush did the same thing but when Obama does it then something has to be done about it. Just another right wing hypocrite. When the right do it it's ok but when the left does it then it must be stopped. So is this nobody trying to get a job at FOX?

Well....considering he has only been a judge since 2002, there isn't a whole lot he could have done about Reagan. Couldn't say about Bush, other than Bush got him appointed and he likely didn't want to stab him in the back. Should be noted that he was voted in 97-0 by the Senate....so there was no opposition to his being appointed at all.

So he doesn't want to run his mouth when it's his party. Thanks for confirming what I said.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

So he doesn't want to run his mouth when it's his party.

You referring to this bill?

Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007

Good thing you checked to see that it never passed prior to posting.

The last vote on cloture, on June 7, 2007, 11:59 AM, failed 34-61 effectively ending the bill's chances.

Guess he was supposed to rule on a bill that never passed.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Obama will tell his team that he has a special rug in the Oval Office that he sweeps all this kind of stuff under, and jokingly tells them that if they can find room under there they can use it. ..

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

What an idiot. What makes this judge thinks he has the authority to demand Obama to explain anything about immigration? So he's a right wing judge from Texas why am I not surprised. Funny how he didn't do anything to block Reagan when he gave amnesty to the illegals or when Bush did the same thing but when Obama does it then something has to be done about it. Just another right wing hypocrite. When the right do it it's ok but when the left does it then it must be stopped. So is this nobody trying to get a job at FOX?

Well....considering he has only been a judge since 2002, there isn't a whole lot he could have done about Reagan. Couldn't say about Bush, other than Bush got him appointed and he likely didn't want to stab him in the back. Should be noted that he was voted in 97-0 by the Senate....so there was no opposition to his being appointed at all.

So he doesn't want to run his mouth when it's his party. Thanks for confirming what I said.

As was pointed out by Augustus....check facts prior to claims. Seems you were wrong on both counts. Thanks for confirming what we both thought.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Obama will tell his team that he has a special rug in the Oval Office that he sweeps all this kind of stuff under, and jokingly tells them that if they can find room under there they can use it. ..

He has to hear about it in the news first....

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

What an idiot. What makes this judge thinks he has the authority to demand Obama to explain anything about immigration?

He's a Federal judge, hearing a case about immigration, to which the United States is a party. Under the American system of government, which is based on the idea of "checks and balances," this is one of the roles of the Federal judiciary.

So he's a right wing judge from Texas why am I not surprised. Funny how he didn't do anything to block Reagan when he gave amnesty to the illegals or when Bush did the same thing

When he travels back in time and hears immigration cases during those administrations, he can ask them questions, too.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yeah... what an idiot. How dare he suggests Obama follow, literally, The Rule of Law?

Doesn't he know that the Executive and Legislative branches no longer have to follow the law?

Who does he think he is? A member of the Judiciary?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Unless I'm mistaken, neither Bush or Reagan promoted giving Social security benefits to illegals.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Good thing he also didn't look well enough to notice that "Reagan's Amnesty" was actually an act of Congress, and not so much a President's E.O. bypassing congressional input.. I mean that would have totally ruined his position if he had taken notice of that...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888

Yeah... what an idiot. How dare he suggests Obama follow, literally, The Rule of Law?

Doesn't he know that the Executive and Legislative branches no longer have to follow the law?

Who does he think he is? A member of the Judiciary?

Well some people are just blind and are destined to carry the presidents water no matter evidence or proof to the contrary. Lemming syndrome.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I think perhaps you're being a tad hypocritical here. Don't you think that perhaps someone who speculates about what this judge could have done when he wasn't a judge or blatantly starts off on the "he's a right wing judge!" tirade could be acting just as defensive towards their own beliefs, if not more? I'm talking about you, since you likely won't pick up on the subtlety.

This judge has every legal right and authority to do this. He also got in with democrat support. Perhaps you need to take a breath and get away from the internet. It seems that some bitterness towards conservatives, even when completely unfounded, is all that drives you, and in this case it made you look like a fool.

Opinion on the matter? The judge is right to do this. It's about time someone has the balls to stand up for what they believe is right under the law. In the end it may turn out that the judge is mistaken, or maybe not. Either way, he took his knowledge of the law and did something that he thinks is right and within his power, which is more than most people on this planet can say for themselves.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Obama's team's response:

"The president only heard about his deception on the 100,000 'undocumented workers' on the news."

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You do realize that the other amnesties were passed by congress right?? that is wasn't a unilateral executive move???

So who's the idiot???

Jaden

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

First, like others said, he wasn't a judge when Reagan was president, and the fact that he didn't do anything when Bush did it is inconsequential to the fact that he's doing it now, and it's the right thing to do. If he didn't do it under Bush for political reasons, that his own character flaw, but it doesn't negate the fact that it's necessary to do now. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, Bush and Reagan didn't lie about amnesty. Hell, Reagan only signed it with the promise of border security, and that second part of it never happened.

Secondly--this amnesty is through executive action, and the other two were passed the appropriate way (pssst...that means it passed through Congress, first).

double post

Shouldn't have even been a first post.
edit on 11-3-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

It's sad that it's literally shocking to me that someone in a position of power (in the U.S) has some integrity.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

There is a HUGE difference between something being passed by our government systems, and a rogue, out-of-control, maniacal "president" forcing HIS will upon the people.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
It will be interesting to hear how the White House legal team responds to this.

Yes it will.

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Source

I would expect the SCOTUS to show the same spine, but I think they're too busy legislating from their bench. Does anyone else think Judge Hanen has a future there?

The judge who halted Obama’s amnesty plans is being pressured to set aside his ruling but instead of giving in he’s calling government lawyers on the carpet.

Judge Andrew Hanen ordered Obama’s legal team to appear in court and explain how and why they allegedly lied about what the government has already done with regard to granting rights and privileges to some 100,000 illegal immigrants.

Wish there was more information on this topic. Specifically, a photograph depicting the looks on the lawyers' faces when they were confronted by

ON SNAP!

ON DOUBLE SNAP!!

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Funny how he didn't do anything to block Reagan...

Good thing you checked to see when he was appointed prior to posting:

He was then in private practice in Houston, Texas from 1979 to 1993.

In 1992, Hanen was nominated by President George H. W. Bush to be a United States District Judge, but the nomination lapsed. Source

OH TRIPLE SNAP!!!

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So he doesn't want to run his mouth when it's his party.

Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007

Good thing you checked to see that it never passed prior to posting.

The last vote on cloture, on June 7, 2007, 11:59 AM, failed 34-61 effectively ending the bill's chances.

Guess he was supposed to rule on a bill that never passed.

OH QUADRUPLE SNAP!!!!
There's too many... I'm all snapped out.
Officially "busted"!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I doubt it. He was probably referring to the Executive Order that Bush Sr. used to extend the 1986 'amnesty' put in place under Reagan. Just like Obama has done - use an Executive Order when Congress won't act.

"It's a striking parallel," said Mark Noferi of the pro-immigration American Immigration Council. "Bush Sr. went big at the time. He protected about 40 percent of the unauthorized population. Back then that was up to 1.5 million. Today that would be about 5 million."
(source)

Bush Sr. did that because Congress would not fix a known problem with the Immigration act of 1986.

Just for your background info here's a rundown on the GOP President's 'Executive Amnesties' since Eisenhower.

Good thing you checked to see what Presidents had done what with immigration and executive orders before posting.
edit on 12/3/2015 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join