It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major survey shows gun ownership declining:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
How is not wanting to disclose personal information to a pollster "not being honest?" That's stupid.

I guess when you are conditioned to believe 'government knows best' you are more apt to be a good drone and tell them exactly what they want to know.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Snarl

Just so you know, buying someone else a gun ala a "strawman purchase" can be considered a crime.

Only if you know that the recipient is not legally able to own a gun. Even Sarah Brady herself bought a gun (a hunting rifle) for her son as a gift.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: queenofswords

I am having a hard time thinking of anyone I know that doesn't own a gun or two.

Again it might have everything to do with your geographical location, for me it's the opposite I knew of no family member or close neighbor who owned a gun, and I only saw one wanna be Jamaican Posse member that obtained one illegally, but then again NYC is not the world..btw things did not end well for him.

You are probably right. Your post made me remember a statistic. 97% of Americans will wake up enjoying the freedoms others died for, and only 3% would fight for them.

Don't get me wrong I don't think the the regular folks in my community were push overs, they participated in the political life of the city, they were hard working immigrants , some of the older heads were vets going back to Vietnam and Korea , yet they never developed a gun culture maybe out concern for the protection of kids like me, who could get their hands on it like we did their liquor cabinet in the basement, or a lack of facilities for practice and safety,but in the end only cops and criminals were armed so I wouldn't judge them thus.

You were in NYC? I can guarantee that everyone around you had a gun or two--they just didn't talk about it.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I am having a hard time thinking of anyone I know that doesn't own a gun or two.

Again it might have everything to do with your geographical location, for me it's the opposite I knew of no family member or close neighbor who owned a gun, and I only saw one wanna be Jamaican Posse member that obtained one illegally, but then again NYC is not the world..btw things did not end well for him.

You are probably right. Your post made me remember a statistic. 97% of Americans will wake up enjoying the freedoms others died for, and only 3% would fight for them.

Don't get me wrong I don't think the the regular folks in my community were push overs, they participated in the political life of the city, they were hard working immigrants , some of the older heads were vets going back to Vietnam and Korea , yet they never developed a gun culture maybe out concern for the protection of kids like me, who could get their hands on it like we did their liquor cabinet in the basement, or a lack of facilities for practice and safety,but in the end only cops and criminals were armed so I wouldn't judge them thus.

You were in NYC? I can guarantee that everyone around you had a gun or two--they just didn't talk about it.

If they did they were very hush hushed, for non of the kids ever bragged about a gun in the house which would have been a big deal.
edit on 18-3-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

If they did they were very hush hushed, for non of the kids ever bragged about a gun in the house which would have been a big deal.

NYC is awash in illegal and underground guns. The kids may not have even known what dad had in the back closet.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Hmmm! could have a point there,for the city never made it easy to own one legally.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join