It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the craziest thing I have ever even heard of, let alone seen.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

ETA..At the 10 minute mark is what I am talking about, it swims right up to him and kisses him on the mouth, this 1000 pound monster...yet so gentle in it awesome power.

I was always told crocs and people dont mix.

In truth when I saw this 17 foot croc swimming up to this guy I was thinking "and thus passes Denathor son of Ikthelion, Lord and ruler of Gondor".

Instead this monster croc swimms up and "kisses?" this guy right on the mouth. It then lets him roll it over and pet its belly like a dog!!!????

here are some links to articles for those that cant watch the video.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.ticotimes.net...

www.animalsaustralia.org...

So the story is, a guy finds a young croc with a gun shot wound, he slowly and patiently helps to heal the croc over a 3 year period of time.

Since then, he and the croc are great friends for the next 20 years.

Sadly on 10/11/11 he died of natural causes.

This is unbelieveable to me.

I never thought them anything but mindless killers bent on harm to all they encounter.

This story has truly touched me, and changed my perspective not just on life, but on nature as a whole.

I only ever saw them and assumed it was game over if I slipped up. Even Steve Erwin wouldnt have done this, this guy is so awesome.

What do you guys think ATS?

This is my first thread be kind.
edit on 11-3-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Great story, I would never have suspected you could befriend a croc. Thanks so much for sharing it!

S&F!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

To be honest all i can say is , stupid hasn't been cured yet .

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
Great story, I would never have suspected you could befriend a croc. Thanks so much for sharing it!

S&F!

Was just randomly youtubing in the slow hours of late night US internet and happened upon it.

This is truly unbelievable to me.

It was my pleasure to share this!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

I will never be the guy in that same scenario by choice!!!!

That shot at like 10mins 5 secs.....brrr, cold chills, damn near panic. This guy has big brass balls thats for sure.

Hell the reporter too, he gets in the water without protection as it swims up to him....I know they want the story but damn.

Send me to Iraq or Afghanistan with the front line guys first, at least then you have a chance.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Well you would be correct to think that it STILL will be game over if you slip up in the presence of one. You having seen this video does not change that. But I'm sure you realize that
It seems to have imprinted on him at a young age, kinda like that story about the two guys and the lion cub who they raised and taught it how to go live in the wild again, or something, and then they see it a few years later and its all grown into a full lion and it remembers them and it gives them hugs

I guess when they are raised by humans they get some human emotions awakened, but when they are raised by nature, they are taught only to survive. I'm sure I'm not 100% correct but maybe close.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The croc hasn't defined him as food ... yet.

S&F

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Very cool story! Thanx! BTW, Welcome to ATS and Hello!!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Huh?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Well you would be correct to think that it STILL will be game over if you slip up in the presence of one. You having seen this video does not change that. But I'm sure you realize that
It seems to have imprinted on him at a young age, kinda like that story about the two guys and the lion cub who they raised and taught it how to go live in the wild again, or something, and then they see it a few years later and its all grown into a full lion and it remembers them and it gives them hugs

I guess when they are raised by humans they get some human emotions awakened, but when they are raised by nature, they are taught only to survive. I'm sure I'm not 100% correct but maybe close.

I do remember that story.

After like 2 years or somthing they see it in the wild again and it licks them to death??!!!!

It is amazing to me.

I dont understand it, and would have a very hard time dropping my guard like this.

I would maybe try it with a croc I raised this size with a .50 cal or a shark knife at the minimum.....OK that is BS I still wouldnt do it.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Very cool story! Thanx! BTW, Welcome to ATS and Hello!!

Hello right back. Thanks for the welcome.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
The croc hasn't defined him as food ... yet.

S&F

See that is my problem. I dont know if it actually cares or knows he is the path to the easy life, the golden goose or silver spoon, with eating him if he ever actually gets hungry later on.

Do they even possess the ability to understand or think this way?

I dont know, from what I know they are mouths with stomachs like sharks.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

See that is my problem. I dont know if it actually cares or knows he is the path to the easy life, the golden goose or silver spoon, with eating him if he ever actually gets hungry later on.

I've been in the water with sharks plenty of times. What I've come to believe is that a shark isn't going to intentionally mess with you if he can't eat you whole. I could be wrong about that. They're pretty darned dangerous (regardless of size) if the water's murky.

Crocs and gators ... they eat everything including rotten meat. If they can't finish a meal the drag it under water and wedge it under something. Then they come back and feed again later. I give them critters wide berth.

I wouldn't even let my daughter think she was ever going to care for that beasty.

Pretty intense video you put up there.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I've been in the water with sharks plenty of times. What I've come to believe is that a shark isn't going to intentionally mess with you if he can't eat you whole. I could be wrong about that. They're pretty darned dangerous (regardless of size) if the water's murky.

Crocs and gators ... they eat everything including rotten meat. If they can't finish a meal the drag it under water and wedge it under something. Then they come back and feed again later. I give them critters wide berth.

I wouldn't even let my daughter think she was ever going to care for that beasty.

Pretty intense video you put up there.

I grew up over 1000 miles in land, the biggest water based life I saw was a 73 LBS catfish my Father and I caught. My infant son could have fit in its mouth.

This doesnt even have teeth.

Sharks....I have been to the ocean in the Gulf of Mexico on the florida coast, I couldnt force myself past knee deep because of the bull sharks I know could be there.

I will never cross the oceans, I just cant do it.

The thought of being in the water with thousands or tons worth of predator......too far to swim to safety, at the "tender" mercies of the sea or its life......I dont understand how the navy guys do it.

I one time was headed down to the southern US coast, and talked crap the entire trip, about how I was going to wrestle an aligator,(I knew this was the season where the babbies come, and was hoping to pick on one to say "see I told you").

Instead my first encounter was a 5 foot gator. All my buddies going " go get him croc hunter, show us how it is done", its mouth was the size of my entire body it seemed, and it eagerly stalked towards us.

I said F..K THAT!!!! And got back in the car post haste.

People, dogs, bears even, I will give it a go, sharks and gators/crocs......Hell to the F..K no!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I hope the guy doesn't forget the feeding schedule for the critter.
He wouldn't want to be called "Stubby," I reckon.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Cool vid, and i loved your initial thought on his likely becoming lunch.

But it's "Ecthelion". Sorry, but i have an over-developed Tolkien nerve, and you made it twitch

edit on 11-3-2015 by skalla because: cnat spell initial

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I have seen this vid before. It is amazing how humans and animals can bond like that.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

edit on 11/3/2015 by glen200376 because: Thought you said your infant could fit a 73lb catfish in his mouth,not the other way around!sorry didn't read properly.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

In truth when I saw this 17 foot croc swimming up to this guy I was thinking "and thus passes Denathor son of Ikthelion, Lord and ruler of Gondor".

S&F for this line alone.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

thats nothing. ive been sleeping with a shrieking rattlesnake for 30 years.

last year she hit me over head with kitchen grinder as well

top topics

<<   2 >>

join