It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uber driver missing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Here is a story out of wacky Florida.

From the article...

Wesley Chapel, FL -- Relatives are desperately pleading for information in the disappearance of an Uber driver in Pasco County, who has been missing since early Sunday morning. "This is a living nightmare right now for me and my family," said Corinne Golden, sobbing. Golden says her 39-year-old husband Sean, a father of two and part-time driver for the car service Uber, has not been heard from since early Sunday morning.

wtsp link

I thought Uber was a cool concept for extra income...now, I think I will pass. A quick goog search shows this isn't the first incident for drivers or passengers. Not really sure how to remain safe with this service.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: solarstorm

Lol...hilarious

I like his thought process

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
In NYC, it is a fairly common crime for black car taxi drivers to get held up, and often they are shot or injured. Many have been killed. Common taxis carry large sums of cash on them and are often targeted by criminals. Uber taxis do not collect cash, but you cannot really tell the difference between an Uber taxi and a regular, cash collecting, taxi.

In many places, high licensing fees do not make it practical to do it part time. But where licensing is not required, you can do it on the side. Driving for Uber is fairly safe as long as you stay in good neighborhoods.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Common taxis carry large sums of cash on them and are often targeted by criminals. Uber taxis do not collect cash, but you cannot really tell the difference between an Uber taxi and a regular, cash collecting, taxi.

Don't Uber drivers use their own personal cars?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: nOraKat
Common taxis carry large sums of cash on them and are often targeted by criminals. Uber taxis do not collect cash, but you cannot really tell the difference between an Uber taxi and a regular, cash collecting, taxi.

Don't Uber drivers use their own personal cars?

Yes. And they're worth more than any "large sum of cash" that a taxi driver may or may not have on them.

join