It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Package that shut down high school, destroyed by bomb squad; turned out to be KFC coupons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
California high school brought to stand still after suspicious package found on school grounds Monday.

However after all major precautions were taken - with the campus evacuated and the bomb squad called in to destroy the box - it turned out to be nothing more than some vouchers from KFC.

Officials at Willows High School in Glenn County - north of Sacramento - said they handled the situation a little more drastically than usual after multiple threats were made again the school last week.

The threats were allegedly made by three students on social media.

Willows High School Principal Holly McLaughlin filed a police report about the three - a 16-year-old male and two females, aged 16 and 17 - after discovering the threats on Twitter.

They were posted after a large group staged a protest at the school on Thursday.

Instead of going to class at the start of the day, dozens of students took part in a sit-in in the hallway.

They were attempting to show support for two popular teachers, Paul Gadbois and Paul Bailey, who had recently lost their jobs.

'Things sort of blew up on social media after the board meeting,' Principal Holly McLaughlin told CBS Sacramento

Administrators say the principal, school board members and their children were threatened on social media.

Principal McLaughlin admitted that, had it been a regular day at the school, a staff member would have likely just opened the box, however they were all on alert.

It's a shame everyone was so on edge at the time. Perhaps if the kids hadn't threatened the school on Twitter, the kids would have been able to use the coupons. I hope KFC stepped up and gave the school another box, this time personally handed them to the school so they didn't have to blow up another box. But at least we all know, KFC is "da bomb"! LOL

edit on 3/11/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

They probably saved more lives than they know .

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It was sacrilege to deny so many of their free side item choice of faux mashed potatoes and gravy. It doesn't get any better than that. Who would have thought faux potatoes could be so good??

No double down chicken hot dog for them. Not only because they got their chance blown up by their antics, but because we don't sell them here.

Sad state of affairs to be sure.

edit on 3/11/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

People are so pathetically scared of everything these days.

A piece of trash is now a "suspicious package" because someone is so paranoid and bloated on the "everything is scary and gonna hurt you" that people can barely function without crying to the authorities.

The fear propaganda has worked.

Spoon feed someone fear constantly and they'll see a boogeyman in everything—even when they look in the mirror.

How they actually leave their houses on a daily basis is a further amazement.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The whole thing must have been a training exercise drill.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

People are so pathetically scared of everything these days.

A piece of trash is now a "suspicious package" because someone is so paranoid and bloated on the "everything is scary and gonna hurt you" that people can barely function without crying to the authorities.

The fear propaganda has worked.

Spoon feed someone fear constantly and they'll see a boogeyman in everything—even when they look in the mirror.

How they actually leave their houses on a daily basis is a further amazement.

Apparently teachers were threatened on twitter because two teachers were fired. So three kids decided to be yahoos and threaten the school, some students, and some teachers, including threatening to rape. On a normal day, they would have been handed out to the students, life would have moved on. But the yahoos decided to be yahoos and had everyone in a tizzy, had called in some bomb threats, the box looked like it had a pipe bomb in it, therefore police were called.

The discovery comes on the heels of multiple threats made against school leaders and their children following the firing of two teachers.

No students were in sight at Willows High after an emergency dismissal. Willows Police officers say the package seemed suspicious and the contents were packaged in a round cylinder.

“It looked suspicious when they did the x-ray,” said Sgt. Troy McIntrye.

“”It kinda makes you nervous and makes you not wanna go to school at all,” said Willows High junior Ashlynn Geiger, who is the daughter of a school board member.

She says the since-deleted Tweets made her feel unsafe going to school.

“They said we better watch our backs we were gonna kinda get raped; it was just along those lines,” she said.

Against that backdrop, the principal says she played it safe on Monday, calling in the police.

Police say on a normal day, school staff probably would have opened the package without raising an eyebrow. The principal says Willows High will be open as usual on Tuesday.

The district superintendent says one student is under investigation for threats on social media.

Source

So see, if anything, blame it on the local yahoos.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

If you think that's bad, let me tell you an absolutely true and very similar story.

In 2003, (during the build-up to the Iraq war) I was working as a longshoreman and as it turned out, the port I was working in loaded out more military cargo destined for Iraq than all other U.S. ports combined.

Our port had just received it's "Rapid Deployment Port" designation and we were being put to the test.

We worked in 300 man shifts 24/7 for 3 1/2 months, sending 3 fully loaded ships on their way to staging points in the Middle East every 30 hours.

Needless to say, almost overnight we were overrun by supervisory military personnel, new security measures, "the works."

About halfway through these operations, a "suspicious package" was discovered on one of the loading docks just after the breakfast break.

Port security along with local police and military security personnel responded. They cleared the docks, called in the bomb squad and after about 2 hrs., decided to blow it up with a water cannon.

Here's the good part;

The "suspicious package" turned out to be a briefcase that was inadvertently left on the dock just prior to the morning meal break by one of the military officers and IT WAS FULL OF RUBBERS.

That's right, prophylactics! Condoms went flying everywhere!

I guess the military officer, who was temporarily stationed here to oversee the deployment, thought he was going to get extremely lucky.

Anyway, that's what we, (the longshoremen) called him after that incident. Good ole Colonel Lucky.

On the docks, everybody earns their nickname and this guy did as well.

F&S for the OP!
edit on 11-3-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

ETA; Double post. Sorry.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Reminds me of the time my high school called out the bomb squad to investigate a suspicious foil wrapped device.

That was the first (and probably last) time I witnessed the controlled detonation of a breakfast burrito.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

If you think that's bad, let me tell you an absolutely true and very similar story.

In 2003, (during the build-up to the Iraq war) I was working as a longshoreman and as it turned out, the port I was working in loaded out more military cargo destined for Iraq than all other U.S. ports combined.

Our port had just received it's "Rapid Deployment Port" designation and we were being put to the test.

We worked in 300 man shifts 24/7 for 3 1/2 months, sending 3 fully loaded ships on their way to staging points in the Middle East every 30 hours.

Needless to say, almost overnight we were overrun by supervisory military personnel, new security measures, "the works."

About halfway through these operations, a "suspicious package" was discovered on one of the loading docks just after the breakfast break.

Port security along with local police and military security personnel responded. They cleared the docks, called in the bomb squad and after about 2 hrs., decided to blow it up with a water cannon.

Here's the good part;

The "suspicious package" turned out to be a briefcase that was inadvertently left on the dock just prior to the morning meal break by one of the military officers and IT WAS FULL OF RUBBERS.

That's right, prophylactics! Condoms went flying everywhere!

I guess the military officer, who was temporarily stationed here to oversee the deployment, thought he was going to get extremely lucky.

Anyway, that's what we, (the longshoremen) called him after that incident. Good ole Colonel Lucky.

On the docks, everybody earns their nickname and this guy did as well.

F&S for the OP!

My dad was going on deployment once and I found some rubbers in his shaving kit. I was a bit shocked considering he was married. Apparently his CO gave them to all the guys, including the married ones, as a just in case, and my dad would keep them in his shaving kit in case his guys needed some, he would give those to them. He said it never hurts to have extra. LOL Apparently it made him popular with the guys in his command. LOL

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Reminds me of the time my high school called out the bomb squad to investigate a suspicious foil wrapped device.

That was the first (and probably last) time I witnessed the controlled detonation of a breakfast burrito.

They probably saved somebody from a bad breakfast burrito that was going to "bite them in the end". LOL

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

They probably saved somebody from a bad breakfast burrito that was going to "bite them in the end". LOL
Let's just say at the end of that ordeal, everyone had egg on their face.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

My dad was going on deployment once and I found some rubbers in his shaving kit. I was a bit shocked considering he was married. Apparently his CO gave them to all the guys, including the married ones, as a just in case, and my dad would keep them in his shaving kit in case his guys needed some, he would give those to them. He said it never hurts to have extra. LOL Apparently it made him popular with the guys in his command. LOL

OK, you got tell me what it was that made him popular. Was it fact that he always had condoms available for the guys? Or, was it because he got away with that excuse? LOL

No ill will intended, but I can't help but think of the pool scene from National Lampoon's "Vacation." Chevy Chase gets caught in the motel pool with topless Christie Brinkley. Tells his son, Rusty that she was a pool waitress taking his order. Rusty replies, That's a good story dad but do you think mom will buy it?

Remember this?

Wish I could find the whole scene including the conversation with his son Rusty, but I think you'll get my drift.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

OK, you got tell me what it was that made him popular. Was it fact that he always had condoms available for the guys? Or, was it because he got away with that excuse? LOL

No ill will intended, but I can't help but think of the pool scene from National Lampoon's "Vacation." Chevy Chase gets caught in the motel pool with topless Christie Brinkley. Tells his son, Rusty that she was a pool waitress taking his order. Rusty replies, That's a good story dad but do you think mom will buy it?

Remember this?

Wish I could find the whole scene including the conversation with his son Rusty, but I think you'll get my drift.

Cheers!

LMAO Love that movie series. Ahhh, the good times before Randy Quaid went nutso. Sometimes I think it was a bit of both if you ask me. I think he had a bit on the side. I know my step mom fooled around. She left him for a 15 yr old kid! No, I'm NOT joking! She then left the 15 yr old for a child molester. Someone didn't have their head on straight.

new topics

top topics

join