It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman and her children swam with mysterious ghost child

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Its the solspace mans wife in the picture which has been overexposed

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
You can clearly make out that there is an object there, but there is no facial features at all on the object. For all we know they could have attached a hat or cap on a ball and floated it next to them. It almost looks like someone with a hat or cap pulled down the head. I checked out the Toowoomba Ghost Chasers facebook page, its littered with so called "ghost photos", really come on. Anyone with knowledge with Photoshop or any graphic design skills can create ghost pictures, and it seems the internet is always filled with conveniently blurred, bad quality, or out of focus ghost pictures. I put that in the same pile. If you want to peek the cream of the crop ghost photos, try looking at the one from that was developed in 1950's when there WAS NO photoshop or computers to mess with pictures.

paranormal.about.com...

In this picture you had the daughter even verify the person in the backseat was her dead mother. Then you had a photo expert who verified that this not a double exposure or a reflection, by the way in the old days, alot of people liked to use the double exposure technique in their pictures.

paranormal.about.com...

The infamous freddy jackson picture has been said to be double exposure.
If you google double exposure ghost photos, you see alot of them.

edit on 12-3-2015 by Nemox42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm uncertain if the picture captured anything paranormal. It does appear as it could be a head with eyes and hand blocking the mouth. But looking at all the features it begins to fall apart. Weird lighting of extra long fingers, a hair outline that matches closely to a water plum. Not saying it can't be a ghost or other phenomenon, just saying it can be argued either way easily.

As far as commenters making attacks on others beliefs of psychic practices. It is clear to me, that they have no idea how the abilities manifest themselves. I blame shows like Ghost Whisper, The Listener and other stage psychics for confusing how it really works.

If you have a box but don't know exactly where the box is or when its contents will become important or why. Even though you can't control or manipulate the random box, you can sometimes feel an item in it, or smell, or partially see an item, or a sound. Now you are left with information and you must discern the reason you experienced the box.

BTW, its never a box. A box is just a simple metaphor.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is one of those things, meaning that it does not prove anything one way or the other. Those who have had paranormal experiences will be more likely to entertain the paranormal aspect of this story, while those who have not had their own experiences will not. Then there are those who have had paranormal experiences but who still deny the possibility of such things existing, and I have no clue what type of logic such people are using, lol. Having had a handful of experiences myself, I can accept the paranormal angle, but not at face value. Basically what I'm saying is that I will not dismiss it outright. It is hard for me to see how this could be an inanimate object or plant or something of that nature, but that is still possible at this point. However, I feel that the people doing the swimming would have seen this and made the connection. Although sometimes the obvious explanation gets overlooked, such as the infamous "spaceman" photo.

This is all assuming the claimants are not making this up. I highly doubt they are, but you can never be too careful. Only those who know these people would know if they were capable of perpetrating such a hoax. I get the feeling that the family true believes they captured something unexplainable, and I also get the impression that they saw absolutely nothing when taking the photograph. Surely they would have noticed if there were other people swimming at the same time. I am assuming they were the only ones present, but I'm not certain.

Even if this is paranormal, I think it is a HUGE leap to connect it with a girl who drowned at the same location a century ago. As for what the paranormal figure looks like, I cannot really tell to be honest. They mention horns, but that could very well be an illusion caused by hair. I also could not really make out "skeletal" fingers. But I will say that I have not viewed a zoomed-in version, which would probably help in making such determinations. I just gave the photo a preliminary once-over. Or maybe a twice-over, because come on, its strange. The bottom line is that we will NEVER know whether this is truly paranormal, and nobody's mind is going to be changed on a matter such as this. Personal experience is, for the majority, the ONLY way to answer the question of "are ghosts real?"

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Is that little kid flipping off the camera?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewWorldDisorder

Is that little kid flipping off the camera?

Holy schnikey I did NOT catch that! It could be he's making the "V" and only one finger is above water. Let's go with that. LOL

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

So your child saw the badman and then you got a photo and you're still not a full on "believer?" Heh, I sympathize, it took some drastic measures from the "other side"... whatever the heck that means... before I realized all those legends and ubiquitous beliefs around the world about spirits (or plasma beings) were valid... or at the least, pointing to an occurring phenomena.

We're taught that only an ignoramus would "believe" in spooks... but seeing and/or experiencing is believing... or at the least, believing somethings are not as we think they are.

Behind the bills and errands, it is a deeply weird world we inhabit... quantum physics backs that up... and them some.

Dunno, you seem like a smart one... maybe you'll figure it out... I haven't done any better than the average psychic or spiritualist from the 1800's so far, myself... oh, and get some sleep... heh.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
At first look, I was thinking it is the reflection of the sun, with the irregularities being water turbulence. So that may be it.

He does appear to be flipping off the camera.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Want to add that, yeah, the photo is likely a splash of water from the woman's hand moving up, breaking the surface and causing what looks like a head... it mirrors her hand.

If she hadn't just thrust her hand up, then it might be something odd.

But things termed ghosts exist all the same.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I see a light coloured dog with it's head turned away from the camera... anyone else see this?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

So your child saw the badman and then you got a photo and you're still not a full on "believer?" Heh, I sympathize, it took some drastic measures from the "other side"... whatever the heck that means... before I realized all those legends and ubiquitous beliefs around the world about spirits (or plasma beings) were valid... or at the least, pointing to an occurring phenomena.

We're taught that only an ignoramus would "believe" in spooks... but seeing and/or experiencing is believing... or at the least, believing somethings are not as we think they are.

Behind the bills and errands, it is a deeply weird world we inhabit... quantum physics backs that up... and them some.

Dunno, you seem like a smart one... maybe you'll figure it out... I haven't done any better than the average psychic or spiritualist from the 1800's so far, myself... oh, and get some sleep... heh.

I don't know if I'm a believer, or a non-believer. I'd say I'm a "fencer" if that makes any sense. I'm sure things happen that science cannot explain, but who knows. For all I know the photo could be a shadow, but it could have been a spirit. It's not like the photo has been scientifically examined, if that makes any sense. So anything is possible.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
In the negative it is dark and not lit up at all like the other people are. As if its dead, certainly not animated like the other figures.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Now that is some creepy ass # right there. If its Legit then that is mindblowing. But since I wasn't there I can only speculate.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: Anyafaj

Did the OIN have Mohawks at all in the very early days? Or just the Mohawk Indians? Just curious if it was possibly an OIN.

BTW, I don't think you're coming off as smarty pants at all. I think your knowledge is invaluable! Thank you for your help! Truly!

The Oneida Indian Nation was always a separate entity from the Mohawks farther east. This divide became even deeper in the days after the French and Indian War leading up to the American Revolution as the Iroquois started to pick sides. Joseph Brant who was Chief of the Mohawks and a friend of Sir William Johnson sided, to their detriment, with the British while the Oneida backed the fledgling United States. While the Iroquois are more well known as being a confederacy of separate nations who banded together for both trade purposes and a huge influence on the US Constitution, they are first and foremost a language group. The interconnectedness of this language group led them to band together to keep at bay warring Algonquin's who essentially surrounded them in the North across the St. Lawrence, to the east in Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut, South Eastern NY(From around Kingston down to present day NYC) and to the West in Ohio, Michigan and Wisconson. The Iroquois were an island amongst greater numbers of equally ferocious warriors and while no set date is known for the beginning of the Confederacy, it was intact prior to European colonization and typically based on archaeological evidence it is thought to have come into being between 1450 and 1600. Each tribe however, maintained their separate identity and languages despite Mohawk being used at all large or formal gatherings. The lands of the Mohawk and Oneida bordered each other out near what is now Herkimer so they would have had more frequent contact with each other than the Mohawk would with say the Cayuga whose land was out in the Finger Lakes region.

Im actually related to Joseph Brant(through marriage of course) but still the relation is there.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Why is it so often considered CHILLING to see a spirit? We are all spirits (in bodies right now). I really dislike the sensationalistic tone of most reports. . .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join