It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge bans a man from smoking in HIS OWN HOME!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Anyafaj

Meh a toxin is a toxin but I will agree that is not what is happening right now.

We are talking smoke not paint fumes.
We are also not just taking one cigarette either, as a former smoker, how often was it you only had one?

I used to smoke half a pack a day. My last cigarette was back in December. I have a Pineal cyst that doesn't allow me to sleep and I ran out of my sleep meds Monday. I haven't slept since then. When I don't sleep, I get kind of witchy. I am sorry. Truly. During the daytime I get zombie/narcoleptic like, so I can't go to the pharmacy and pick my medication up. No sleep tonight either. My neighbor is going to pick it up for me tomorrow. After tomorrow, I'll be my happy self, I promise. I'm not usually so witchy. Again, I'm so sorry. I'm on a lot of meds that I probably could take to make me sleepy, but I already take Vicodin and Robaxin, etc... I just don't want to be an addict and pop pills just to sleep. Right now I'm out of Cymbalta and Trazodone. When I don't take my Trazodone, I do NOT sleep. My brain is wired to be on ALL the time. And I do mean DAYS and DAYS and DAYS and DAYS. According to one neurologist who's top in his field in NY, it's a Pineal Cyst doing this, and one in PA telling me they do NOT do this. Who to believe? All I know is if I get behind the wheel like this, I get narcoleptic and get into accidents. Believe it or not, no doctor will take my license away, so I just use caution and don't drive when I'm tired like this.

Again, I'm tired I got witchy today.

Back on subject, as you said, toxin is toxin, but to me cigarette is lesser of the two evils to me.
edit on 3/11/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

No problem at all, if you are willing to say sorry, I am more then willing to accept.

As far as your sleeping problems go, have you tried anything natural as a bridge till you can refill? Melatonin works wonders for me, available at your local drug store I sure. That or some night time cold medicine.

Hope ya can get some sleep soon, not being able to sleep is worst.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I hear ya! I can't sleep a wink without my seroquel.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If your lifestyle impedes on the freedom of others to enjoy their lifestyle, and there's an easy fix that you are refusing to implement (fixing the hole would have stopped any infringement on his neighbors) then yes, there are consequences.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

No problem at all, if you are willing to say sorry, I am more then willing to accept.

As far as your sleeping problems go, have you tried anything natural as a bridge till you can refill? Melatonin works wonders for me, available at your locand al drug store I sure. That or some night time cold medicine.

Hope ya can get some sleep soon, not being able to sleep is worst.

Tell me about it. I begin to hallucinate after 3 days of no sleep. I'll nap for about an hour, then the dog wakes you to go potty. LOL I used to take 5mg melatonin, then 10, then 20mg, then 25, then 30, then I pulled the plug. The doc was a bit alarmed by that one. He put me on serequel, which worked for a bit, then not. Then I moved up to I forget what. The meds no longer kept working, and eventually had to be bumped up to harder and harder stuff. Eventually I was put on Ambien. I began hallucinating on that stuff, real bad. The doctor took me off and wrote it as an allergy. I was then put on Lunesta, same deal. Then again, more meds, eventually finally put on Trazodone 100mg. Now, after 4 years, I'm up to 150mg AND Vicodin AND Robaxin just to sleep! And that only gives me 5 hours, max a night, but it's interrupted, not uninterrupted. I also had a sleep study done and found I do not get any Level 4 REM sleep. (The restorative sleep your body gets at night.) My neighbor will pick my meds up tomorrow on her way home and I trust her. We've been doing favors for each other since I've moved in.

I've already taken one and a half Vicodin, one Robaxin, one Topamax, two Tylenol PM and as tired as I am and as heavy as my lids are, if I lay down, I'll only sleep for an hour before my dog wakes me to go out to pee. LOL

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

I hear ya! I can't sleep a wink without my seroquel.

I'd kill to go back 9 years when Serequel did the trick. LOL

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Answer
True..might just be a dick..in general though assholes are just plain common and not exclusive to any one side. I can't think of any smokers I personaly know that would not of tried to fix the problem.
Most of them go outside to smoke anyway.

Oh, I wasn't implying a link between smoking and assholes (insert Tijuana strip club joke here).

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Not really sure on this case, the amount asked for is completely frivolous but the renters do seem to have a legitimate complaint. They have attempted to work the issue out, and even offered to pay for repairs but the neighbor said no. Seeing as how the home isn't up to code I think their case has merit, minus the punitive damages.

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Does vaping count as what? Nasty and stupid? I don't know very much about it, but I think it's smarter than smoking cigarettes and probably not nearly as nasty.

Vaping is horrible, a lot of people pick a lot of horrible scents and they use them anywhere and everywhere. Worse, they will expel the scented water vapor right into your face because unlike smoke, it's just water. It is completely disgusting.

That said if people want to use them I have no problem with it, provided they do it outside.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This isn't really about smoking as much as control...in my opinion. A liberal judge trying to open the door to where a person can be stopped from doing as they please. Public place...check. Outdoors...check. In your car...check. Now in your own home???

The end result of this way down the line is complete control of EVERYTHING you do. Once there is president for where, they can start enforcing what. No soda in your home, no weapons, no smoking, no drinking. If it is bad for you...it becomes illegal. Religion? Right politics? FoxNews?

Sounds crazy right now doesn't it? So did a judge banning a homeowner from smoking in his house yesterday.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Not really sure on this case, the amount asked for is completely frivolous but the renters do seem to have a legitimate complaint. They have attempted to work the issue out, and even offered to pay for repairs but the neighbor said no. Seeing as how the home isn't up to code I think their case has merit, minus the punitive damages.

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Does vaping count as what? Nasty and stupid? I don't know very much about it, but I think it's smarter than smoking cigarettes and probably not nearly as nasty.

Vaping is horrible, a lot of people pick a lot of horrible scents and they use them anywhere and everywhere. Worse, they will expel the scented water vapor right into your face because unlike smoke, it's just water. It is completely disgusting.

That said if people want to use them I have no problem with it, provided they do it outside.

What you are describing is ignorant people...not a bad product. Be careful that you make the distinction. I smoke and NEVER to so in front of anyone else where they could smell the product. I don't throw butts on the ground, I step to the side of a building out of everyone's way and if it is raining...I just skip smoking that time. Don't call the product evil when it is the asses that are guilty of ignorance. Just the same as a gun is nothing but a tool when used correctly. It becomes a problem when a criminal gets access to one.

Solve the problem...don't attack the symptom. Fix the person...don't ban the product.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I dont smoke in my home smoke outside. Cigarette smoke turns my walls yellow and effecting my electronic equipment tv's video games plus it makes everything stink. Two weeks ago I was smoking outside and it was -10*. I froze my ass off I find I smoke a lot less when it's that cold. I was down to half a pack a day.

What people do in their own home is their business.

Next they'll have fat camps like hitler did for the jews.
edit on 12-3-2015 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2015 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

They already have fat camps. They even have celebrity versions that was on reality TV called ,Celebrity Fit Club trying to get celebrities in shape.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

It is a good thing it is temporary.

This isn't about the guy smoking in his house, it is about the spill over into some one elses.

Does his right to smoke in his house out weigh the neighbors right to not have smoke in theirs?

These people have done everything they could to remedy the situation but to no avail. They already said they will drop the lawsuit if the hole gets fixed.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

They already have fat camps. They even have celebrity versions that was on reality TV called ,Celebrity Fit Club trying to get celebrities in shape.
Shows how much I know I haven't turned my tv on for more then an hour in 3 years.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
What you are describing is ignorant people...not a bad product. Be careful that you make the distinction. I smoke and NEVER to so in front of anyone else where they could smell the product. I don't throw butts on the ground, I step to the side of a building out of everyone's way and if it is raining...I just skip smoking that time. Don't call the product evil when it is the asses that are guilty of ignorance. Just the same as a gun is nothing but a tool when used correctly. It becomes a problem when a criminal gets access to one.

Solve the problem...don't attack the symptom. Fix the person...don't ban the product.

Isn't that precisely what I did? I described the behavior of people, and then even said that if people wanted to Vape they should be able to. Provided it's not right in my face.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

With that same logic, doesn't the other family have a righit to not have smoke in thier castle if they don't want it?

The fine is ridiculous and outrageous but I kinda get the claim. It is a shared building with kids that are possibly getting exposed to smoke.

Does the phrase " your rights end where mine begin" not apply here?

I'm surprised the judge didn't have child services intervene and take the kid because the parents rented or own a home with a smoking neighbor... how dare they bring children into the world knowing they have this smoking man living next door.

Now, smoking man should see the same judge about all that extra crying noise coming in from the same hole and request that the kids be silent.

ETA:
okay, sarcasm off now...
Was the ban on smoking or smoking the now legalized cannabis? Since the cannabis laws usually have a minimum age standard to meet, I can almost see the judge feeling like something should be done, on the other hand, unless it is a section-8 gov't housing, it should be the man's private refuge.... to exercise his rights within the confines.

edit on 12-3-2015 by evc1shop because: ETA

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Shows how much I know I haven't turned my tv on for more then an hour in 3 years.

That's funny, I actually turned my tv on for the super bowl since my favorite team was finally in it again and I found out that my antenna was no longer sufficient, the world went digital on me.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsomeWhat people do in their own home is their business.

it's not just their own business if it is affecting the safety or property rights of someone else in THEiR own home. For example, the owner doesn't have the right to do something that affects the structural integrity of that row of connected buildings.

Or, for another extreme example, the owner doesn't have a right to fire bullets through his wall into someone else's house. He doesn't have the right to run a motorcycle in his living room if carbon monoxide is seeping into someone's adjoining living space. He probably doesn't even have the legal right to play loud music at 3:00 in the morning if the sound is going through the walls. Where leaking cigarette smoke should fall along that spectrum of behavior is perhaps debatable but not the principle that government has the right to regulate behavior in a densely populated city even when private property is involved. That goes all the way back to the Code of Hammurabi.
edit on 12-3-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yes...I was referring to the "Vaping is horrible" comment. That and wanting to make a statement that not all people who use a product that others dislike, do so irresponsibly. Not an attack on your post.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Don't feel bad. This was maybe 7 years or so ago, maybe more. I only know about it because of clicking around when bored during commercials. There were some good tips here and there now and then. Things like don't pile the plate. Don't eat every single thing on the plate. Don't teach your kids to every thing on the plate, it teaches them to not to recognize when they're full, stuff like that.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join