It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge bans a man from smoking in HIS OWN HOME!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

The 500,000 is just a number on paper, it is a common tactic to ask for some ridiculous number.
Worst they do is lower it, but as it stands it may as well be 1 dollar or a million cause it is nothing but what they are ASKING for.
I am willing to bet the decision had nothing to do with the number.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Anyafaj

What happened to talking to your neighbor? No talking, just going straight to suing?

What are you basing that on?

2nd

2nd what?

Before I hit reply, it looked like one line, which Mods frown upon, so I typed 2nd to make it a two liner. And I wasn't basing it on anything, there's very little about this case out there.

I'll admit I was wrong. Apparently they went through mediation that broke down.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I kinda figured that it was a number they were asking for, that's why i would turn the base up and cook curry. Instant gratification.

Now me personally if they asked for 10$-100$ i'd probably respect their wishes without as much of a hassle. But if someone where to threaten me for half a million dollars.

It would mean war.
edit on pm30000003115Tue, 10 Mar 2015 23:38:06 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

which Mods frown upon

That's only when it's something like "lol". You don't have to worry about that if you can reply in one line in the future, I think that people that do that don't realize it's changed, or are new and see other people doing it and assume. Yay, succinct one liners! I should have picked up on that, I thought you were going for point number two. Sorry if it came across nastily.

I don't think you were really wrong, you just didn't have all the facts, and I certainly can't fault you for that considering I didn't either!

To me this article read like faux outrage clickbait. I'm lazy, have we figured out the issue with the hole? It seems like a simple patch kit would help a lot.

No need for furgivnis.

Thanks for hunting down that link!
edit on 1020150320151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1020150320151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm not naturally a dick, But circumstances will get my Justice riled up lol.
I'd prefer to not have problems with people.

See having the house connected really seperates the issues. I mean i'd still crank the base and cook currie in such an instance if someone were to demand half a million dollars. The only reason why i'd do that is because if it wasn't me in such a situation. Then said family would force the next hypothetical smoker into said expectation.

And i would want to be the memory that might prevent them from casting judgement and calling the popo and court before threatening ANYONE for half a mill.

My house is worth a little more than half a mill. That's like someone being like Yo if you lose this fight and the judge said we could claim everything. Then i'd lose my house. I wouldn't wish that kind of misfortune on anyone.

If someone has the balls to ask for that kind of money, Then they should have the nerves to handle the incoming annoyances that will be projected at them xD

And using kids is such a lame excuse. I was evicted from my last apartment because i smoked outside..... OUTSIDE! like 50 feet from the doorway around the corner in the back parking lot.

You know what i did to that guys house? Shot the roof with a crossbow.
I blamed it on the prevous tenant who was my roomate. He was sent to jail a month prior for dating an minor ( Dude was psychotic) So i took advantage of the situation. The owner said we could stay and smoke only if we smoke outside. Guy changes his oppinion 3 months later. So, His roof got the crossbow. And i got my deposit back. Jack daniels has strange effects on a person.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I'm not naturally a dick

Oh good!

You know what i did to that guys house? Shot the roof with a crossbow.
I blamed it on the prevous tenant who was my roomate.

Oh...

My house is worth a little more than half a mill.

love to see some pictures!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

which Mods frown upon

That's only when it's something like "lol". You don't have to worry about that if you can reply in one line in the future, I think that people that do that don't realize it's changed, or are new and see other people doing it and assume. Yay, succinct one liners! I should have picked up on that, I thought you were going for point number two. Sorry if it came across nastily.

I don't think you were really wrong, you just didn't have all the facts, and I certainly can't fault you for that considering I didn't either!

To me this article read like faux outrage clickbait. I'm lazy, have we figured out the issue with the hole? It seems like a simple patch kit would help a lot.

No need for furgivnis.

Thanks for hunting down that link!

No problem on the hunt. I read Daily Mail regularly, so that part was easy enough. I didn't see if there before, so I typed his name in their search to see if they had a longer article on him. Just happened to get lucky was all. I didn't know about the one liner. I thought it applied to all of them. I thought a hole patch would work as well. Most definitely in this case. Why it didn't, wasn't tried, or whatever if it was, I have no clue. Definitely makes you wonder though! I've yet to see one article out of the 14 I've read that even addresses the hole, so I thinking I doubt it. BTW, you didn't come across nasty, it sounded more curious to me. (2nd what? Doesn't sound nasty, sounds curious. Unless you were meaning to sound nasty, in which case, you failed. LOL)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I don't have a pic on my computer, Next time i see you post il post a picture of it. I would show you the google street view but that might just be weird.

The house is actually a 1 story rancher but its very nice, its quiet in this town.

A actually lived in a nother apartment previous to the one i cross-bowed with the roomate who went to jail.
And what we did to that house..... Well the circumstances called for it. I hate people that take advantage of others. Who rent rooms to houses they don't even own or arnt paying rent themselves. and are collecting the money for their own personal gain. Such as house sitters, Like paying a full months of rent then having the guy evict you 2 weeks later cuz the owner is coming back home and the owner didn't even know rooms were being rented.

That really had me fuming. I might tell you about that incident more in depth another time.
But i will mention this, I'v always wanted to punch a hole behind a painting and fill it full of hamburger then put the painting back.

But this is all hypothetical and i wouldn't recommend it.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Wow insane story. Hole in the basement? What type of building is this? It sounds like a duplex.

I would start a counter suit of $500,001 plus legal fees.

And hasn't anyone heard or expanding foam? Fill that pig.

I don't get these litigious aholes out there trying to win the lottery.

If anyone sues me, for a bad reason, and I lose everything I have, I am going to make a special project out of them.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
They need to develop a sudden love of home cooked chitlings. I have never smelled a more unpleasant food oder. And they have to cook all day. I wonder if after all day of that smell they could burn them to just seal the deal.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hmmmm is this hole they speak of big enough to fit a hose through i wonder....

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I can just picture all the lawyers licking their lips right now.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
these last 2 replies have me gutting it ( Laughing really hard)

See there are others out there like me hahahahaha

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I'd get a bottle of Buck Stop Skunk Scent and douse the place with it.
I don't mind the scent of skunk.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That would just be tyrany hahaahhaha most people dislike the smell of skunks. I actually dont mind the smell of skunks either as much.

The most rancid smell iv ever taken a wiff of is beer cans that are a qurter empty that have been sitting for months.
Worse than rotting flesh.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I'd get a bottle of Buck Stop Skunk Scent and douse the place with it.
I don't mind the scent of skunk.

Worse, deer pee! My ex used to douse his clothes with it before hunting! Ugh! They reek! I used to make him wash his hunting clothes separate! If I wanted to be a real wench, I'd leak just a bit, day after day, after day, after day of deer pee into that hole just to be a wench! Want to mess with my life? Let me show you how to mess with someone's life the proper way. LOL Once it's in the concrete and wood, you ain't NEVER getting that smell out! It's in there forever!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

That's hilarious. I feel bad for you LOL.
But i'd feel worse for the family that's trying to dick their way into getting what they want with a full wiff of gradual deer pee. If i were them I'd probably think the nabours were taking a leek in the hole hahahahhahaha.

That or an animal crawled in and died. Both would be hard to prove.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I would fight this with every fiber of my being. I would still smoke in my own house. # the system.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

That's hilarious. I feel bad for you LOL.
But i'd feel worse for the family that's trying to dick their way into getting what they want with a full wiff of gradual deer pee. If i were them I'd probably think the nabours were taking a leek in the hole hahahahhahaha.

That or an animal crawled in and died. Both would be hard to prove.

I'm one of those people that are very easy to get along with. I'm nice, I'm sweet. I'm every body's friend, but do not tick me off or threaten my home or family. Then the wolf comes out. I'm Irish/British/Hungarian. I will take, and take, and take, and take, and take, but push one wrong button and the Hungarian comes out to destroy you. I can't help it. And living almost 20 years with my ex gave me some very bad ideas. Bad ideas that I will use if necessary. I've yet to ever HAVE to use them, I will go by legal means, if need be, but I can go by illegal as well and thanks to his dumb butt, I know how to get away with it.

My last landlord evicted me because the shower broke in my last place. He didn't want to fix it and he thought, here's a helpless woman who doesn't know spit from shinola. You think so? Ok. Four months that shower was broken and I had no way to clean myself up. If I attempted to use it, I flooded the whole place. Plus there were holes in the walls that allowed mice inside that chewed up my clothes, allowed the cold in, etc... He thought he'd be smart and evict me the day after Thanksgiving. Ok fine, I'll leave, but ummmm, Codes Enforcement might want to have a talk with you before I go. Now he can't rent the place until it's brought up to Codes. (Including fixing the holes AND the shower! And yes, photo evidence helps! I guess I wasn't just another pretty face to be taken advantage of. I'm someone who knew the lease, backwards AND forward, and every time he violated the lease by walking in unannounced, I would document it.) When he gave me 5 minutes notice to move to another cabin and had his maintenance crew move all my belongings to the other cabin, including my under garments, without my permission, again, documentation! I had to keep my door locked at all times because maintenance AND my landlord, would just walk in, as if THEY were paying the rent, not I. The place was fully furnished with Satellite and Wi-Fi. When the landlord was trying to get me to move, he would cut the Wi-Fi signal, and remove the TV, as if I were being sent to my room without supper. Nuh-uh, Homey don't play that! I would withhold part of the rent until he would return the items. If it's in the lease, it better be in my place! I'm finally out of there and no longer dealing with Mr. Power Trip, now he gets to play with Codes because I forwarded everything to them! Let him deal with them now. I may have been blonde once, but I sure don't act it.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Actually you can just buy a terpenoid / terpene / ozone aerosol mixture. It binds to the the smoke and changes the molecular structure, quite literally changing it into a different smell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join