It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats will win the 2016 Presidential Election in a landslide.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
But you know it's like this, right?

Maybe 40% who always vote democrat
Maybe 40% who always vote republican
The 20% in the middle that could vote either way based on debate performance, likability and policies/platform.

Those numbers could be off a bit and of course as the mid term elections showed, not all of those 40% always turn up to vote, some of those voters are suppressed or put in weird little voting districts etc, but in the presidential election it's the 20% in the middle that swing it.

Last two presidential elections? Obama clearly came across as a great candidate and Sarah Palin sunk McCain. The 20% in the middle don't like lunatics. Then we had Romney. He came across as elitist. he did to me and apparently those 20% in the middle again.

My prediction? those 20% in the middle like Hilary and her policies much better than Bush, or Cruz, or Walker or Carson, or Rand Paul, or Perry. I think those 20% in the middle would pick Warren over Hillary.

Warren should run to take Hillary out of the equation, but who's on the right?

I still think the problem with republicans IS republicans.

Normal people like me, don't want a fundamentalist Christian in the white house, nor do we want someone that seems to be against the common worker or pro corporation. We want someone that champions equal rights for all, including LGBT rights. We want Science! Not anti evolution pro creationist idiots. And we want a leader that will address climate change...by first talking about it and then mitigating it. (and maybe that's just addressing rising sea level predictions. Just talking about it in a sane way and not invoking God when they talk about it! ) We don't want someone that's going to take us to another war...we don't want a dynasty. we don't want our taxes raised. Apparently we all want universal health care like the other 2 dozen or more industrialized nations that somehow can afford it when we can't. LOL

too much to ask?
edit on 11-3-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Normal people like me, don't want a fundamentalist Christian in the white house, nor do we want someone that seems to be against the common worker or pro corporation. We want someone that champions equal rights for all, including LGBT rights. We want Science! Not anti evolution pro creationist idiots. And we want a leader that will address climate change...by first talking about it and then mitigating it. (and maybe that's just addressing rising sea level predictions. Just talking about it in a sane way and not invoking God when they talk about it! ) We don't want someone that's going to take us to another war...we don't want a dynasty. we don't want our taxes raised. Apparently we all want universal health care like the other 2 dozen or more industrialized nations that somehow can afford it when we can't. LOL

too much to ask?

I really wish I knew a leader like that don't you? I couldn't have said it better myself.

Sadly, I've been reminded today that all of them ... and I do mean all of them ... are in it together.

If Dr. Warren isn't, she won't last long.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: nwtrucker
Doesn't matter if it's a Democrat or a Republican.
It'll be the continuation of Bush43/Obama.
There isn't a lot of daylight between those two .

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: amazing

too much to ask?

I really wish I knew a leader like that don't you? I couldn't have said it better myself.

Sadly, I've been reminded today that all of them ... and I do mean all of them ... are in it together.

If Dr. Warren isn't, she won't last long.

You're right! If we could only get some more third parties going. Some election reform and some new blood in there in the running. With today's social media and all the Billionaires and Millionaries around....it would seem like it should be possible to pump some money into some third party candidates and get their names out, really easily?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I chased a small rabbit down an obvious hole today while arguing over another matter.

The continuity between Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama-Clinton (or Bush) was just so striking I am still stunned.

Third parties would be co-opted before the ink dried on their charters: witness what's happened to the Libertarians and Tea Parties.

Be careful what questions you ask, you may get answers; forgot that one today.

Best, (keep up the great postings!)
edit on 15Wed, 11 Mar 2015 15:17:10 -050015p032015366 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
""The Democrats will win the 2016 Presidential Election in a landslide.""

or they will get buried by a landslide.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Rhetoric? Sorry, but certainly not rhetoric.

You may be right on the trends, though. Time will tell.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

HAHA! Sure if you want to believe that, stay wrapped up in the left/right lie. Me, I've seen through that nonsense and see that pretty much anything said by one party about the other party is pretty much hyperbolic political rhetoric that can easily be disproved by looking at statistical data or historical trends (which is why I posted those links to begin with).

One more thing, if my trends hold out to remain consistent then that disproves your claims about Obama breaking the rules we "play by" are incorrect since Obama not only relinquished the Presidency but relinquished it to the opposing party.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Now your really not making any sense.

Neither is dependent on the other whatsoever. First, The A.C.A. is not rhetoric. It is a fact. As is Obama's immigration 'memos'.

Your 'trend' may or may not continue. Obama relinquishing the office..or not, says only the degree of 'rule breaking' nothing more.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Of course democrats are going to win. Look at the huge welfare state they've created!!!! Hardworking, law abiding, tax paying middle class Americans are outnumbered. Combine the welfare state with the nanny state, the feminist state, pro gays, pro abortions, pro big brother idiots and we'll have a Hilary in the WH before you know it!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy
Of course democrats are going to win. Look at the huge welfare state they've created!!!! Hardworking, law abiding, tax paying middle class Americans are outnumbered. Combine the welfare state with the nanny state, the feminist state, pro gays, pro abortions, pro big brother idiots and we'll have a Hilary in the WH before you know it!

So you're against LGBT rights? Why? Against equality for Women? That's what feminism is. Why? Also most welfare recipients live in Republican states. How does that line up with what you're against? Remember that most republicans are pro big brother as well. I'm a hardworking, law abiding, tax paying, lower middle class American, but I'm certainly not a Republican. Hmmmm.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have a wild and crazy idea....

How about you guys vote Independent and push both the elephant and donkey right out of the race ?

I'm willing to wager a box of beer that even if every single American voted Independent, a Republican or Democrat would still somehow magically become the next Prez.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Any different up your way? I think not.....

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
you know, there is an upside to this. I much enjoy the video diaries and actual battle footage of the men and women serving overseas. If we do go through the Iran war scenario, it will be interesting to see the new weapons platforms entering service being displayed in action. Those robot exo-skeleton suit things may get some time in the next fight, And I always enjoy a good montage of air strikes and apaches strafing the enemy.

Maybe the Persians will upload some of their own stuff ey?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You are a good eg. of the left's mentality. (Not a criticism, just an observation)

A couple of points, though. If Romney came across as an 'elitist', then why did he carry the independent vote and lose 4 million Republican voters that didn't bother showing up?

Personally, I see a general disaffection with the old timers of both parties. Hillary is getting whacked by her left media as we speak-over a personal server(?), really?) and the Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell crowd. OLD.

The Jeb Bush crowd falls into that old family, old money, old politics crowd as well.

Walker, to me is the best chance for the Republicans. Even the media is doing only lip-service sniping in his direction.
He's younger, a 'new face' and may resonate with the millennials when he announces and promotes nationally. His problem is getting by the Republican Establishment which is a tough task. The only way I can see it happening is if he says he will run for President whether he receives the Republican nomination or NOT!

An independent run kills a Republican Presidential win and "may" force the establishment types to support him or face an almost certain defeat in 2016. (Just my think on it.)

I see Elizabeth Warren as the likely Democrat nominee. Also, new blood, but hard left. Walker hard right vs Warren hard left....what a scenario!

You think we've been polarized now? That match-up is as polarized as can be envisioned.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I'm not talking about what the party's actually DO. I'm talking about what they SAY about each other. Yes, the ACA and Obama's EO's are real, but most of the things the right says about them are trumped up BS and they aren't nearly as bad as they say they are. Now I'm going to preface you here before you twist my words to say that these things are a good thing and I agree with them. I'm not saying that. I'm JUST saying that they aren't as bad as the right makes them out to be.

The same can be said about what the left says about what the right does. Much of it is trumped up BS that isn't as bad as it is said to be. Right now, it's not as apparent because the left has no need to critique the right, but as the right gains more control of the government and media spotlight shifts its attention to them full time then you will see what I'm talking about.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
I have a wild and crazy idea....

How about you guys vote Independent and push both the elephant and donkey right out of the race ?

I'm willing to wager a box of beer that even if every single American voted Independent, a Republican or Democrat would still somehow magically become the next Prez.

I'll be voting Libertarian, but that doesn't mean I can't give my opinion on who is going to actually win. As I showed earlier, all historic trends point to a Republican victory. If the Democrats win, I'll be quite surprised.

What's funny is that I noticed these trends all the way back in 2008 when Obama was first elected but didn't realize that they were an actual thing. Not only are they actual trends and patterns, but social scientists have names for them like "the six-year itch". It makes me sick how predictable the American public is with its voting patterns. Notice that the American public didn't fail to live up to the six-year itch trend?
edit on 12-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Let's be honest here... the real problem in America is the voters. They are so low information it's really not funny anymore. There are countless videos of people asking the random public questions like who is the vice president, when is the election, etc and they have no clue. They think things said in a Saturday Night Live skit were said by actual politicians. 93 millions Americans aren't working, they will vote to keep their free checks coming. They aren't going to vote for a politicians promising jobs. They don't want to work.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Believe it or not I am not jumping with glee over a possible Hillary Banker Clinton's victory, and the Reps are as Batsh11T Insane as ever, I would welcome an alternative and alot of progressive/Libs feel the same.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: Elementalist

Believe it or not I am not jumping with glee over a possible Hillary Banker Clinton's victory, and the Reps are as Batsh11T Insane as ever, I would welcome an alternative and alot of progressive/Libs feel the same.

I've been accused for two days of "defending" Hillary when I was merely trying to get folks to look beyond the low-hanging fruit so temptingly offered.

I didn't vote for Clinton in 2008. I won't be voting for her in 2016.

I'm actually expecting another "Obama" except on the Republicans side. Some apparent unknown will suddenly be "elevated."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join