It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans blame Obama for Tom Cotton letter.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

WASHINGTON -- Republicans, under fire for a letter signed by 47 senators to the leadership of Iran, said Tuesday that complaints about violating foreign policy convention should be leveled not at them, but at President Barack Obama.

But those who support the letter -- even some who didn't add their names -- deflected the blame. If it weren't for Obama's failure to consult lawmakers about the negotiations, or his threatened veto of a proposed bill to give Congress the final vote on a nuclear agreement, senators wouldn't have had to speak out in the first place, they argued.

Link

Looks like the GOP bit off more than they could chew this time. After bowing down more than 50 times to a foreign leader, Republicans decide to write a letter to try and sabotage negotiations between Iran and a coalition of 5 more countries.

Whose agenda are they pushing here? Their true colors are slowly showing and those colors and definitely not Red, White and Blue.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's textbook passive aggressive behavior to blame someone else for your actions.

For shame.... LOL

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
They have a point. Obama has been pouting and fuming every since the Dems lost the House and Senate. It added fuel to the fire when Netanyahu was invited to speak. Obama is a big narcissistic pouty little boy that thinks he is king and can just cut The People's elected representatives out of America's affairs.

No. This is why We put the brakes on a president gone wild. He is not our king. He does not make all the rules.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
What do people expect when not once has Obama tried to negotiate a deal working across the isle.

Then after he loses the house and senate, gives his famous "I have a pen and a phone" statement.

He gave his f u to the gop, now they are giving it back. It is all political pandering anyway.

Same old game, new character actors.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Republicans have a long, long history of engaging in such tactics, and this wouldn't be the first time Repubs tried to undermine US foreign policy (Nixon thwarting Paris peace talks regarding Viet Nam, and Reagan's deal with Iran keeping hostages locked up until after he was elected, as two examples) (see all of them here

But this is perhaps the sleaziest and most out-of-touch with reality the Repubs have ever gone...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
It's textbook passive aggressive behavior to blame someone else for your actions.

For shame.... LOL

And both sides are doing it.

There is a clue, maybe the illusion is an illusion

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
All this did was prove to the world that the United States is broken and weak.

They have shown the world that America is no longer United. That the republican party is can't even control it's own members.

Even conservative websites are say WTF man...dumb move.

How does telling another country that if party changes that we will not honor any agreement...how is any country supposed to trust them after that.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

sleazy?? I hope you dust off that list of bold faced L.I.E.S. Obama spewed to the entire country when passing Obamacare.

Sleazy is stealing from your own!

link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
All this did was prove to the world that the United States is broken and weak.

They have shown the world that America is no longer United. That the republican party is can't even control it's own members.

Even conservative websites are say WTF man...dumb move.

How does telling another country that if party changes that we will not honor any agreement...how is any country supposed to trust them after that.

I disagree. It shows the world that We The People's elected representatives are CO-EQUALS with the president. We do not have a monarch, a king, a prince, nor any other one-man show.

It is tempting to see the executive-legislative clashes only as a confrontation between two branches, yielding a winner and a loser. It is more than that.

Congressional access represents part of the framers' belief in representative government. When lawmakers are unable (or unwilling) to obtain executive branch information needed for congressional deliberations, the loss extends to the public, democracy, and constitutional government. The system of checks and balances and separation of powers are essential to protect individual rights and liberties.

When Congress and President Lock Horns

link   
It must be Obama.

He just got slapped by Iran when they dismissed Obama's proposals.

Obama is jilted and jealous.

What does "The Letter" say that is so threatening anyway?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I agree that the letter was wrong. You don't correct bad behavior with bad behavior.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Here comes the bus, Tehran Tom!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
When our representatives are so disrespected by a president that they can't even get information on the nuclear arms negotiations with a sanctioned country, something needs to be done. I don't like that it had to come to this either, but our representatives have a responsibility to the American people to make sure our interests and the interests of our allies are not being compromised. Sorry, folks, when a president decides he is a one-man show, this is what happens.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Are republicans not tired of everything they do blowing up in their faces?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

GOP Leaders Betray Our Country By Writing Letter to Iran

Since when do our politicians take responsibility for their own actions?

Rand Paul is losing cool points in my book.
edit on 10-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

young turks?

Thanks for the laugh, maybe someone will post a Hannity video now.

And I think everyone thought Obama was "cool", so maybe now we need an actual leader that can work with BOTH sides instead of playing political games with foreign policy.

But Obama is so cool, he had Jay-z at the white house?

I will take a true leader over cool anyday.

edit on 3 10 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
More stupidity by our elected representatives. Our system of government is really becoming dysfunctional and corrupt.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7
This is another example of the extraordinary stupidity of the Republicans.

The tirades here about Obama (I didn't say I like him.) not reaching across the aisle to the Republicans is amusing. A party which has defined itself as having 'oppositional disorder' to literally everything the POTUS attempts to accomplish as a willing partner of governance is a freaking joke.

Really you are kidding right?

If not this is another indication of why it is a fruitless endeavor to attempt compromise with narrowly defined crazy zealots. You are better off ignoring their pleas for 'work with us' because ALL they really want is everything.

Now show me where I am wrong about this?

edit on 3/11/2015 by eriktheawful because: Against the TCs to change the names of political figures and parties.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

"oppositional disorder"
So true!!

"ALL they really want is everything"...indeed, everything to go their way, because to them there is no compromise, as in working together, negotiating, to get SOME of what you want. That has been determined since the 1990s to be a dirty word for them. In fact, their idea of "compromise" is the "compromise" of an abusive person: you will compromise with me by doing what I tell you to do.

And, an abusive person will say, "He/She made me do it!" There is no personal responsibility for one's actions. It is blame the victim.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Some harmless old biddy needs to go slap each and every one of those republicans, then slap obama.

Then sit them both down in a room and tell them they can't leave until they learn how to get along.

Pretty sad when you see politicians playing schoolyard politics rather than acting like adults.

"Obama is playing with our toy, let's tell everyone he's playing with it wrong so he looks stupid."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join