It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black labyrnth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
My thoughts so Far..

The word Labyrinth
1 An intricate structure of interconnecting passages through which it is difficult to find one's way; a maze.
2 Labyrinth Greek Mythology. The maze in which the Minotaur was confined.
3 Something highly intricate or convoluted in character, composition, or construction: a labyrinth of rules and regulations.

[Minotaur

Before he ascended the throne of Crete, Minos struggled with his brothers for the right to rule. Minos prayed to Poseidon to send him a snow-white bull, as a sign of approval by the gods for his reign. He promised to sacrifice the bull as an offering, and as a symbol of subservience. A beautiful white bull rose from the sea, but when Minos saw it, he coveted it for himself. He assumed that Poseidon would not mind, so he kept it and sacrificed the best specimen from his herd instead. When Poseidon learned about the deceit, he made Pasipha, Minos' wife, fall madly in love with the bull. She had Daedalus, the famous architect, make a wooden cow for her. Pasipha climbed into the decoy and fooled the white bull. The offspring of their lovemaking was a monster called the Minotaur.

The creature had the head and tail of a bull on the body of a man. It caused such terror and destruction on Crete that Daedalus was summoned again, but this time by Minos himself. He ordered the architect to build a gigantic, intricate labyrinth from which escape would be impossible. The Minotaur was captured and locked in the labyrinth. Every year for nine years, seven youths and maidens came as tribute from Athens. These young people were also locked in the labyrinth for the Minotaur to feast upon.

When the Greek hero Theseus reached Athens, he learned of the Minotaur and the sacrifices, and wanted to end this. He volunteered to go to Crete as one of the victims. Upon his arrival in Crete, he met Ariadne, Minos's daughter, who fell in love with him. She promised she would provide the means to escape from the maze if he agreed to marry her. When Theseus did, she gave him a simple ball of thread, which he was to fasten close to the entrance of the maze. He made his way through the maze, while unwinding the thread, and he stumbled upon the sleeping Minotaur. He beat it to death and led the others back to the entrance by FOLLOWING THE THREAD

LETTER XVII.--ON INFINITES IN GEOMETRY, AND SIR ISAAC NEWTON'S CHRONOLOGY
The labyrinth and abyss of infinity is also a new course Sir Isaac Newton has gone through, and we are obliged to him for the clue, by whose assistance we are enabled to trace its various windings.Descartes got the start of him also in this astonishing invention. He advanced with mighty steps in his geometry, and was arrived at the very borders of infinity, but went no farther. Dr. Wallis, about the middle of the last century, was the first who reduced a fraction by a perpetual division to an infinite series.

The Lord Brouncker employed this series to square the hyperbola.

Mercator published a demonstration of this quadrature; much about which time Sir Isaac Newton, being then twenty-three years of age, had invented a general method, to perform on all geometrical curves what had just before been tried on the hyperbola.

It is to this method of subjecting everywhere infinity to algebraical calculations, that the name is given of differential calculations or of fluxions and integral calculation. It is the art of numbering and measuring exactly a thing whose existence cannot be conceived.

Sanctum ATS member said:

I read years ago that it's impossible to draw/project 2 parallel lines into an infinite space.

PineappleUpsidedown with help from other members cracked the Latin text.

See Pineapples link:
randomnous.iamthecheese.com...

Translation:

una Infinitas= one infinity
Abominatio Nascitur Autumno= the horror begins in autumn
hic est tuum temptamen quod temptat tua potentia=this is your trial, now prove your (power, might, ability; efficacy, potency)
viginti tres gradus ad summam potestatem=Twenty three steps to total power.

One infinty = One infinity is 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.......etc. etc..... there is more than one infinty so what ever we are looking for has an element of lateral thinking.

Equinox

In astronomy, an equinox is defined as the moment when the sun reaches one of two intersections between the ecliptic and the celestial equator.

When was the equinox?

Could it be the 23rd?

Could the numbers 23 link the illuminatus(the conspiracies book?)

Could the number 23 - come down to the law of 5.

POEE subscribes to the Law of Fives of Omar's sect. And POEE also recognizes the holy 23 (2+3=5) that is incorporated by Episkopos Dr. Mordecai Malignatus, KNS, into his Discordian sect, The Ancient Illuminated Seers of Bavaria.
The Law of Fives states simply that: All things happen in Fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of Five, or are somehow directly or indirectly appropriate to 5. The Law of Fives is never wrong.

How many rings where given out?

What is at the centre of the labyrinth?

Regards

Boon_Dog

[edit on 18-12-2004 by Boon_Dog]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This was posted on ignorance denied by a person called Ice wolf- is it a clue?

www.ignorancedenied.com...

A Poem by Me

Day 1

The dark night chills in the old town square,
the barren town leaves none to spare,
the two who meet on the darkest nights,
with a lantern and the moons silvery light,
Discussion on the future goes on till late,
Until a decision is reached on the state,
The powers decide to play a game,
Of mystery and of powerful shame,
When the wheels turn and all is bare,
The world pales in a consistent stare,
That such a delicate thing could be seen by few,
As a fleeting word amongst the dew.

The End

[Edited on 9-12-2004 by Icewolf]

Day 2

As the two arrange to meet again,
The world looks and passes.
The thought that two so innocent,
Would plan their downfall surpasses,
Even the most secure of man,
Does follow the crowd enthralled,
Madness rules the land,
For they do hear that the sirens called,
Their lives have now been signed,
For they traded them long ago,
For words covered with nicities,
And all along they would know,
How even now they cannot see,
What trully lies in wait . . .

The End

[Edited on 9-12-2004 by Icewolf]

Day 3

As time goes on no one knows,
How evil just grows and grows,
The dark maze draws attention,
To mysterious movements of apprehension,
As the men delve deeply into talk,
Of the horror which awaits all who stalk,
The creature of power so great,
The answer to the question the hunt's at stake,
As the talk continues amongst the two,
Leaves fall from the trees and subdue,
They lie in piles of two's and three's,
Powerful steps have to be taken,
To be safe from the peril awakened,
For the two alone cannot fullfil,
The quest undertaken with their skills,
In secret times all is profound.

The End

you know i will go on until you stop me. (actually this will finish at about day 5/6/7/8/9. . .)

Day 4

The two men arrived again,
They had succeeded in deterring them,
Like binary stars hidden in plain sight,
From the path which would lead them right,
They lifted their glasses a toast to drink,
On the wealth of innocence which was sure to shrink,
The hunters, hunted, irony was sweet,
Yet time would show how they'd meet,
The plans unfolded as time grew old,
Soon all would have to be told.
The race was on.

The End

I copied and pasted from the link.

It seems as if the game is on again does it not?
I will review the posting and place MY findings here later tonight.
please feel free to comment and ofer your thoughts .

Best Regards

Boon_Dog

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Boon_Dog, great post

Yeah, i did see a doco' years ago that describe that, no matter how long parallel lines are, they will eventually cross over due to gravity. I wish i could remember the doco'.

Sanc'.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
BoonDog, plz check other posts so this round is not as cluttered as DrJim

www.abovetopsecret.com...

is cowfile's post about Icewolf's poems

I do not believe these poems have anything to do with the game, but i would definatly be wrong.

---pineapple

top topics

join