It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden scraping Saudi arms deal for moral reasons.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Swedish politicians decided today to scrap a continuation off Saudi arms deal.

SvD claims that a possible reason for the ministers' reluctance to scrap the deal is that it could weaken Sweden's chances to earn a spot in the UN Security Council.

Sweden has until May 15 to decide whether it wants to scrap a military cooperation deal with Saudi Arabia which went into effect in 2005. The deal has been heavily criticized by some members of the ruling Social Democrats and their government partners Green Party who say Sweden should not provide military services and sell arms to an authoritarian state, with many calling Saudi Arabia a dictatorship.

sverigesradio.se...

Sweden will cancel its arms deal with Saudi Arabia, Prime Minister Stefan Lofven has confirmed. The decision comes after the ultraconservative kingdom blocked the Swedish foreign minister’s speech on human rights at an Arab League meeting.

rt.com...

Swedish Foreign Minister Margot Wallstrom says Saudi Arabia has blocked her from speaking to an Arab League meeting in Cairo.

Wallstrom was invited to address the meeting on Monday but told Sweden's public radio her speech was canceled because of Saudi protests.

She said "they have reacted strongly to what we have said about democracy and human rights."

Wallstrom was among those who expressed outrage at the recent flogging of a Saudi blogger convicted of insulting Islam. She has also criticized the women's rights situation in the deeply conservative kingdom.

Wallstrom told Swedish Radio in Cairo she was disappointed that her speech was canceled and that "it has also put the Arab League in a difficult situation since it means that a country can block an event of this kind."

abcnews.go.com...

The question is when will other countries stop arms trade with this dictatorship and stand up for real equality and democracy? Finally the politicians in my country got something right.
edit on 10-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Good at least they have a clue to the truth. Although not sating it outright. Wahhabi radicals ( IS, Taliban ( most others are fighting for their country, not for religion or ideology ))come from there not these other nations that are attacked.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Carl Bildt and the other NWO neocons are of course pushing for the deal.

"To break the trade agreement would be to jeopardize Sweden's reputation as a trade partner and cooperation partner."

The signatories included fashion retailer H&M's [HMb.ST] main owner Stefan Persson, Investor Chairman Jacob Wallenberg and Kinnevik's Cristina Stenbeck.

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Good at least they have a clue to the truth. Although not sating it outright. Wahhabi radicals ( IS, Taliban ( most others are fighting for their country, not for religion or ideology ))come from there not these other nations that are attacked.

Wahabbi and Saudi Arabia have a long history of being linked one way or another. It would not surprise me at all that if Saudi Arabia and allies go into Syria the threat will mysteriously go where Saudi Arabia have interests. I think I will add this picture.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Morality in a government entity.

I am shocked and awed.

Shocked I say....and awed.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Loved this response from Saudi Arabia about human rights issue. (Source RT)

“The ministers have voiced their condemnation and astonishment at the issuance of such statements that are incompatible with the fact that the Constitution of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is based on Sharia,” the ministers said in a statement, according to Swedish media.

“Sharia has guaranteed human rights and preserved people’s lives, possessions, honor and dignity. The ministers consider the comments as irresponsible and unacceptable,” the statement added.

Sure it has.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

I am shocked and awed.

Do not worry. This is probably an exemption from the normal.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

I am shocked and awed.

Do not worry. This is probably an exemption from the normal.

Not likely but, wishful thinking.

I was being sarcastic.

Show me a moral government and I'll show you my boobs.

Yep, not gonna happen. So, yeah, that's that. LOL!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Not only arming other countries, but when will other governments stop arming random radical militants who are essentially psychopaths eager to kill for a paycheck?

Why is there not a stronger opposition in the west? I doubt the general public in the west wishes for war. So why do they allow it?

Amazing how easily manipulated the human mind is, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Good to hear.

to Sweden.

Germany did the same, the night before King Abdullah died.
Germany stops arms exports to Saudi Arabia

That being said... I don't believe the official reason.
I doubt our governments just rediscovered their moral compasses all of a sudden.
Something else is up.
edit on 10-3-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Good I hate these scum bags.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

Good to hear.

to Sweden.

Germany did the same, the night before King Abdullah died.
Germany stops arms exports to Saudi Arabia

That being said... I don't believe the official reason.
I doubt our governments just rediscovered their moral compasses all of a sudden.
Something else is up.

Might be to distance themselves from Saudi Arabia and any connection to other Wahhabi like entities. We also have the Russian connection with Bandar bin Sultan and the terrorist attacks within Russia over Syria if it happened like some Russian sources say. And if the Petro Dollar fails (China International Payment System (CIPS) and gold Yuan) and US have filled all the oil what use is it to be Saudi Arabia:s ally?

www.bizjournals.com...

U.S. crude oil storage space is tightening up, and it could be maxed out within the next few months, the Dallas Business Journal reports.

That thread is interesting. I never heard about the money laundry theory before. Might fit.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

What I didn't know about Sweden is just under how much US influence they are

All Saudis gotta do is call US

And US to call Sweden

And the deal is back on

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
If the UN removes Sweden from its Security Council because Sweden refuses to sell arms to an authoritarian (and brutal) regime like Saudi Arabia, then the UN is a soulless and damnable entity. Given the suspicion that SA is funneling money and arms to terrorist groups like ISIS Sweden has every right to be wary of selling them anything.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

It's not truly morality, it's self-righteousness and window dressing from the nation state that calls itself a "humanitarian superpower".

It may sound and be good, but it's just part of a much bigger trend of a country that views itself as a righteous 'social justice warrior', seemingly on a secular mission from the god of progressivism(i.e. the elite cultural Marxism ideological (lack of) intelligentsia), to save the world(and in smaller print to decide your thoughts and your behaviour) from "intolerance"(and after that dissidence). A repugnant case of syncretism of actual compassion eclipsed by white guilt self-flagellation, sanctimoniousness and oikophobia.

A humanitarian superpower today, a failed state tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Wahabbi is the most radical flavor, not Shia.

a lot of people don't realize that...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Show me a moral government and I'll show you my boobs.

Yep, not gonna happen. So, yeah, that's that. LOL!

LOSE!

en.wikipedia.org...

poet em up!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Kudos to sweden.

I hope the USA scraps ideas to sell them F-35's................

top topics

join