It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather camera captures 'UFO' in Australia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Chemicalbrother

That is a terrible example lol

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Saucer or disc shaped UFOs are so passe. Time for a new techie UFO shape.... like a watch!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Think I'm gonna stick with UFO after seeing these bird examples.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
When you see that shape like it is, with a bit fatter edge on the right and also those brownish gold colors that fade and feather into different shades, it means what you are seeing in very likely a bird.

I'm usually one to vote on the side of UFO but I have been looking at this kind of photo for decades, and I can say with a fair amount of certainty that this is a bird.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Lol I agree its most likely a bird. I just had never seen another picture that looks like that, followed by numerous replies its a bird without 1 example. Maybe I'm just to new to ATS...who knows.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

That is a terrible example lol

Just google bird ufo, and then lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Look at the zoomed in pic the OP posted and look at your pic...Someone is photoshopping...source of your photo please
edit on 10-3-2015 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

static.ddmcdn.com...

I'm also reminded of this thread by Springer. It was never debunked but the general consensus was that it was a bird.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Can someone share a picture of a bird that looks the same. Everyone says they've seen it before, but I could say I've seen a flying elephant. Doesn't mean it holds any value.
The only way to make an elephant fly is shooting it out of one of those trick circus canons and it looks nothing like the OP picture with its legs flailing.

If you watch birds fly they flap, then glide, then flap, then glide, and when they are gliding their wings aren't prominent in a sideways view. So you've typically got a pointed head and even more pointed beak one one side, and on the other side it tapers into the tail feathers, with the bulkiest part in the middle. Around here we call them "blurds" and while there's no way to prove conclusively it's a bird, birds are so common and it looks so much like a bird that it's fair to say there's a high probability that's what it is. Definitely not an elephant.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yes definitely an unidentified flying object.

Its either a Kookaburra or some other native bird.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here's another bird image that I annotated from a thread a few years ago. Note that this is NOT the image in the OP, but just a similar image. This was from a story in the Sun Newspaper from London (and based on the same bird in the post by Arbitrageur above):

and the original:

edit on 3/10/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: daaskapital

Here is another one.

A bird

Lol, that looks like a flying squirrel!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm no expert but I'm going to go with a bird travelling at a high rate of speed.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Great photo.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Look people, we, all of us who visit the UFO threads, typically are hoping to see or read something remarkable with regards to this subject.

Being skeptical is the most important attitude with regards to UFO's. I needn't explain why.

Don't be a 'blind believer'.

There are many photographic examples of a bird in flight, from this same angle, already online. And there are a multitude of wanna-believe-so-bad people who start calling others debunkers, gov-shills, deniers etc when they point out the obvious, it's not a flying saucer. This only plants the subject of UFOlogy further into the ground in a field already considered by the majority to be one full of idiots. If you are serious about the UFO phenomenon then cop on and be serious, or else go away and stop making the rest of us look stupid.

It's a bird.

edit on 10-3-2015 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
come on .... that object is a promo prop for the WebSeries of 'Farscape" the object was a holographic projection of the Sci-Fi shows MOYA

Moya

Moya is a Leviathan, the fifth generation of these living ships. She was born in freedom, captured by Leviathan Hunters and sold to the Peacekeepers for them to use as a prison transport.

She is a great and powerful ship, with no weapons. Communicated to and taken care of by Pilot, the enormous living entity that is symbiotically fused to her Moya has adjusted to her new inhabitants and has been able to trust them enough to become their home. Like Pilot, she is anxious to serve her crew, but not at the expense of her own agenda. Her natural instincts to protect all life, however, do override her personal fear of pain and suffering.

go to link: www.henson.com...

go to that website to see images of the 'cast of characters'...including Moya... the living starship...
I loved that series

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Well I do think that is a bird Motion blurred by the camera exposure speed probably being low, that said I know an old Ausi guy who told me how he actually saw a large cylindrical UFO in the outback when he was hunting kangaroo back in the 70's, made right angle turns and accelerated away at impossible speed, was very large and made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up and from a horizontal motion it made an instantaneous right angle change in direction and shot straight up all silently, he and the others with him all saw it.
That old guy now lives' in the UK, I used to be retail security in a semi rural supermarket (A job I took after suffering an injury that negatively impacted my dexterity in my hand) and would often talk to him as he was a regular customer and a decent bloke.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

No hard feelings brother. It was that I could actually see it was a bird in the photo you shared.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: paradisepurple

Thanks for linking another thread. Thats what I was looking for.

I remember a thread on that photo, but no explanation had been reached last I had read. Glad they figured it out.
edit on 11-3-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join