It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dream I had this morning south china sea Vietnam.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I have very vivid dreams that's for sure. A few months ago I dreamed of alligators all night long. One dream after another. A few weeks ago I dreamed I was trying to get away from a tiger. It kept blocking my way every time I thought I found a way out the tiger found me and I had to turn around.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Each dream is different, but I looked up the common meaning of scissors in dreams:
www.auntyflo.com...

The type of scissors in one's dream is important. Kitchen sissors mean people need to think about how to stop hurting you in life. Surgical scissors which require the necessity of greater precision mean that someone will need help due to failing health. Scissors can also indicate a razor sharp tongue or biting comment. Male children that dream of scissors is often linked to concerns with sexual action. A common interpretation shows a forthcoming separation in life.

Maybe something on that link will help you to understand a little bit better.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

The dream symbols for me turn out to be weird. Like the Mexican hats.
In that dream which was around 2010 maybe 09 I saw a man and woman standing next to a boxing ring. The lady was crying and trying to run away and the man was pulling her back saying not that way. There were other people around. Ladies in pretty party dresses and these Mexican hats on the floor. Suddenly people were running and the ladies were crying.
The next day I saw a news article on AOL where this drug dealer in Mexico had gone into a house and started shooting everyone. He thought it was the house of a rival drug dealer but it was the wrong house. The drug dealer lived next door. The house they entered was full of people who had gathered for a party and here's the kicker, they were there to watch a boxing match on tv. Kind of like a super bowl party.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
They were common household scissors. For cutting paper. Orange handle.
I keep all of our scissors for only specific chores. Kitchen shears for poultry another pair in the kitchen to open plastic bags of veggies and stuff. Scissors for paper in the desk drawer, scissors just for fabric and two pairs in the bathroom for hair. Plus those tiny scissors that come in manicure kits. Yup just for nails.

Just a tiny bit OCD....

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
BTW...Aunty Flo??? Really?
That has its own meaning for most females. Lol.
It's used as a code for that time of the month as in can't go swimming aunty flo is visiting...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

lol!

I didn't even think of that.

So they were household everyday scissors. Perhaps it has to do with your own household and doing dishes.
(floating plates)
I understand about how your dreams are working. Mine do the same, although I will get a general idea, the details are not there.
As an example, two weeks ago I had a dream about our fire alarms going off and talking to the firemen about it.
Since then, I have had to deal with 5 fire alarms in both of my buildings, and lots of firemen.
All were false alarms due to the heads going bad on the fire alarm systems.

There was no detail in the dreams, just fire alarms and firemen, so I knew (after this happening to me several times with dreams over the course of the last few years working here) that the fire alarms would be an issue.

Sure enough, the next week and this week has been one alarm after another.
So I understand how that works.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a very interesting and intriguing dream in deed.

the way i see a possible meaning of your dream is to question whether the woman with the asian accent in your dream really was vietnamese. what most part of the world calls the south china sea, a vietnamese would call the east sea.

that makes me think that you were vietnamese in your dream and the woman was chinese claiming the east sea to be the south china sea when looking out over the ocean. but when looking at your vietnamese map she did not know or did not wanted to know what you were referring to.

the large cafeteria could be a boardroom where politicians make up rules. again that little woman must have been a chinese in disguise. a fact you recognized and hence she tried to fight you.

the fact that she was tiny is not because china would be tiny, but because her claim is tiny compared with the truth you hold from the point of view of a vietnamese. it does seem to me to mirror china’s behavior in the sense, that they do not start a full fight or war but seem to behave, on the surface anyway. the plates on the table seem to be the objects of her tactics which in my opinion are boats and oil rigs with which she tried to conquer that part of the ocean. the plates are all around you when you are in the water.

but the plates disappear when you try to reach them and instead the scissors appear just as it was the case in real life. it is the method the woman which I believe to be china used to annexe that part of the sea. and by that I mean the way china has published a new chinese map with dotted lines where they have cut the east sea away from vietnam and make it to belong to china.

does that make sense ?

and funny enough there is news again in vietname this morning about their coast guards chasing chinese vessels off vietnam waters.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yes that's funny. Once I dreamed of talking to police and the next day got in a minor accident and was talking to the police. Some guy rear ended me.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm going to keep my eye on that region. I don't know how I knew but I just did that the lady I was talking to was Vietnamese. Like my dream about the cholera I just knew it was in Europe. If the little girl was China then she was slapped by the USA and only to make her stop fighting me and get her attention. reply to: Sanssouci

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
LOL doing dishes. If it was my household it's true. I'm never done as soon as I empty the sink someone comes along and puts something in it! Arghhhh.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657
China and Vietnam are going to come to blows over territorial water claims and Vietnam though it fight's will be the loser.

The little girl is the future and she will be rebellious and strong but will calm down, the water is were the trouble will begin and the scissors may mean a cutting of ties between the two nations on a permanent basis as well as an apportioning of the territory including some land that is today in Vietnam as a consequence of the coming conflict.

You being there could simple be because you are receiving this information from a source or it could mean that in the future as a consequence of this conflict the US and Vietnam may find themselves forming an uneasy alliance in spite of past alienation between these two nation's.

China has already attempted to invade Vietnam once and lost but they have long memory's and maybe long plan's.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Interesting. Funny I haven't been paying attention to this part of the world. With the middle east always wanting to be the child getting all the attention. ISIS flexing its muscles and Russia and the Ukraine dancing around each other some parts of the planet have been neglected .
One hears of Korea acting up now and again and when China isn't acting foolish and talking about UFOs and aliens or putting out lead tainted toys for export to the US I guess I tend to ignore them. I think I need to broaden my focus a bit.
Then again this could all have been some mind trip and not mean a blessed thing.

Q

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The Vietnamese lady is the key. She was present both at the 'airport' (or whatever), and at the ocean scene.

In both instances, you instinctually looked to her for confirmation of what was going on, and she tried to provide it.

She was curiously fixated upon your person. Was she familiar in any respect? What did you *feel* from this woman? As a dream, the 'feel' is as significant as any detail. Figuring her out is the important thing - In retrospect, what do you think it might have been that she knew and would be trying to say?

You looked to her for confirmation...as if *she* should know better what's going on in *your* dream. She holds some significance, or at very least the archetype she represents does. From what basis would you identify her as the holder of information?

Another angle to consider...kind of along the same lines...did the woman seem as puzzled by what was happening as you were? Perhaps, at this very moment, somewhere in SE Asia, a woman blogs about the strange Virginian in her dream who brought so many ominous portents.

While the seeming jump is to grand world politic implications, I don't feel this. Rather something more personal, or at very least a much more human issue than politics.

I have absolutely no rational basis for any of this, but I hope that it may prove helpful. The dream world doesn't lend itself well to rationality, anyway, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Q

Thank you for your very in-depth response.
Let's see if I can address each query on its own.
The Vietnamese lady was in this building with me. She looked to be in her forties. She was small in stature with short dark hair. She wore a white tee shirt and tan short trousers . Facing her the window wall was to my right and the map wall was behind her at an angle. The other side of the map wall was where the tables were. That was a brightly lit room that was probably about 125 ft by 125ft. White walls, fluorescent lights in a dropped ceiling. The feel was very institutional. I did look to her for answers as I was not in a familiar place. She apparently was a resident of this place. She was not familiar with the coastline on the map as she could not tell me the name of the cove I pointed at. I did look intently at the coast on the map. The cove was facing east was convex to the ocean with another smaller cove just to the north and an uneven chopped up coast to the south. It was definitely Vietnam and this detail was closer to the southern end of the country but not at the southern tip. It may have been that the cove didn't have a name but when I asked her she only shook her head no and shrugged her shoulders.
I've lived on the coast my whole life and every cove, inlet, estuary , or bay has a name but I don't know if that is so everywhere.
The little girl was about nine or ten. She was wearing a red, black and white frilly party dress. Her hair was chin length with bangs and she wore a white headband . She was very hostile when she saw me she jumped up from her chair at the head if the table and started fighting me. She was trying to hit and scratch me but I was holding her arms and trying to push her back away from me. She was shrieking but did not speak any intelligible words. I was finally able to bring her hands together and shove her away from me and that is when I slapped her right cheek. I'm left handed even in my dreams lol. The next moment I was in the water. I think the woman was in the water too because when i found the scissors I showed them to someone near me. Some details have faded you know how dreams are. I wasn't panicky in the water but I was surprised and confused by the stuff floating around me. The water was not cold. I didn't think this dream was political I did think there had been a tsunami and that was how I ended up in the water but the event which resulted in me being in the water was not part of my dream. Tsunami was just a thought I had.
This morning I had another dream with water in it but this was a beautiful cove with deep water and golden colored sand on the bottom. I was on a bluff looking down at it and could see rocks on the bottom and people swimming. It was a warm and sunny place tropical and I wanted to go swimming too but when I looked at my watch it was five past six and I had to leave. I said to someone with me, "How did it get so late, I thought it was only one o'clock. I wanted to go swimming but now there's no time." Then I was packing a suitcase to leave. I even had my real bathing suit with me as I was packing that. I went again to the bluff to look at the water once more. I was really sad that I had to go and mad that the time had gotten away from me.
So that's about as much detail on the original dream and the sequel this morning LOL.
edit on 3122015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

That is an interesting web site. I looked up water too because I had two dreams with large bodies of water.

Q

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hmm...

Some goodness and/or/at least neutrality in the white top & khaki shorts. There as a companion archetype at least, or a messenger. She wasn't necessarily *from* there, as she would surely have been able to tell you the name if so. Curious that she couldn't refer it from the map. Perhaps she felt the name of the bay was unimportant to the message of the dream, and didn't want to clutter things up. (She sensed you were diverging from the "script" by trying to geospatially locate RL site from within the dream?)

Don't think you actually said 'airport', maybe that's just the mimage I got from the description. If she was 'traveling' too though that would explain her unfamiliarity with the local surroundings. (What? Stupid American! I'm here on a layover too. I don't know the name of this bay! lol)

The little one is perplexing. I don't know what to make of the party dress. The headband is quite significant though! My immediate thought would be the Japanese hachimaki, the "headband of victory", most known in pop culture from the Kamikaze pilots of WWII, although it is a wider cultural thing. Her initial behavior would seem to support this reference. Was it "just" white, or any symbols/lettering on it? That is important.

That being said ... dream is quite clearly Vietnamese-referenced. There the white head band signifies that one is a family member in mourning. Only rationale for that attack upon you would seem to imply that she blamed you in some fashion for that loss. Her accusation was great, but you rebuffed it handily, as the blame was not yours. You knew you'd done her no wrong to give reason to attack. That was what gave you the strength and the inner fortitude to repulse...otherwise she may have handed you your dreamin' @ss on a proverbial platter! Sounds like she could be quite the handful.

Now...the plates...you used the word 'formica', but what I got from that is 'melamine'? I don't think I'm off here. Looked into it and melamine is a constituent of formica. I'm thinking of the white, hard, plasticky plates that are real light, and will start melting in the microwave if left in there too long. Found usually in those 'everything from China' flea market booths with hundreds of boxes of stuff everywhere.

So...get ready to change those undies...melamine floats. o_O

You saw the dishes indoors, in a table setting...then the setting changes to water/ocean. This doesn't sound an alarm; as you said, it's a dream and it would have attached more significance to that if needed.

HOWEVER...she was there with you through everything...so the fact that the two of you ended up there together not surprising. Not getting tsunami-related, as you'd both be...well, not so much amongst the living after that.

I'm not sure what the significance of the sea/ocean is, other than the fact that it is there to show you that the dishes would float in such a situation...for whatever that's worth. Can you attach any other sentiment or feeling to the scene change there? What do you think *she* thought of the scene change - did she seem shocked, or cool as the proverbial cucumber? If cool, it's a part of the script. If she was startled by the change, then she may not even be a product of your dream, but an outside observer as hinted at in my first post.

So, the both of you are floating there...you see the scissors...and you know instinctually that you need to show them to her...why does she need to see them? That's again why I wonder if she's a manifestation or not. She knew what it meant when you showed her the scissors! SHE KNEW WHAT IT MEANT, EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T! She saw that you had grasped...whatever it is that the scissors represent...and understood somehow, and was trying to communicate that. To her it was as plain as the nose on your face, but she couldn't tell you directly. All she could do was give you a big flashing YES when you showed her you were on to it. I'm thinking the scissors could be some concept that your head is wrapping itself around currently, perhaps even only on a subconscious level.

Once she was able to see you'd seen what you needed to see, POOF! Adios amigo, dreamtime go bye-bye. End of message.

It is most curious.

Again, this has absolutely no basis in anything. I do have a bit of an interest in dream interpretation simply for my own jollies (strictly personal curiosity/observance), and found your random story intriguing.

Perhaps if you hadn't spent all afternoon yakking with strangers in airports, you'd have had more time for that swimmin' hole? It sounds nice. On an interpretive note, kind of like something you wanted to do in life but never got around to and now it's too late.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

A couple of things. Sadly my mother in law is in the last stages of cancer and is not expected to live more than a few days. That could be the mourning.
I said Formica,for the tables and yes melamine for the plates. The scissors could refer to my mother in law as we learned of her deteriorated state after this dream.
As for the swimming hole I've lived my whole life at the oceans door and can swim when ever I want ( in warm weather at least)

Sadly we have just had word that my husband's mother has passed away.
edit on 3132015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

Q

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
My sincerest condolences, AutumnWitch657.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Much appreciated. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

The plates were beige hard melamine cafeteria style reusable plates like you'd get a golden coral or a Chinese buffet type restaurant. Tough not flimsy wouldn't melt in a microwave.

Neither I nor the woman were truly calm in the water both of us were surprised but we both could swim. The woman just shook her head yes. She wasn't smiling or looking like she was expecting the scissors when I showed them to her she just kind of acknowledged them.
edit on 3142015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join